Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Friday

Month/cycle:

cd:

wydtgku:

r/r/cs:

gtky: What are your 3 favorite music albums and why? 
TTC1: May 2015
Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
DD: May 1, 2017
TTC2: June 2019
CP September 2019
Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020

Re: WTO Friday

• Options
    Month/cycle: 12/10

cd: 13

wydtgku: sex, bbt, cm

r/r/cs: feeling royally bitchy at the moment. My h is pissing me off. Everything he says. Nothing particularly bad. Not sure why. Don't think o is approaching at all so not sure where it's coming from. 

My current favorite is James Bay the Chaos and the Calm. It's a good variety of music and I love his voice. 
    My all time favorite is Eve 6 Horoscope. It shaped my teenage years and holds a very special place in my heart and memories. 
    My other favorite is Shinedown The Sound of Madness. That album is just me in a nutshell I feel like. Every song is me in a different way. 
    CP September 2019
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @wineo929 welcome back and I sympathize with how you feel with numbers playing with your head. I'm sorry you're there. 

@jedially85 glad you're feeling better. Happy birthday to your son!

Im loving reading your favorite albums. Not gonna lie, part of me picked this question because I'm looking for some inspiration for music to add to my phone. ;)

CP September 2019
  • Options
    Month/cycle:  (rollover day) 9/7 (1st cycle TTCAL)

cd:  23

wydtgku:  charts, temps, OPKs, vitamins/coq10, sex starting up again in May

r/r/cs:  Out of curiosity from my MIL and so many ladies here talking about acupuncture, I got an impromptu consult with an acupuncturist yesterday who gave me a few recommendations for TTCAL.  One of which was getting a few manual lymphatic drainage massages, and then doing a few rounds of acupuncture.  I hadn't even thought of the MLD.  As much as I'm eager to try again and feel like my body is bouncing back, I definitely feel like I could use some extra help.

gtky: What are your 3 favorite music albums and why?  All because I can put them on and listen to them start to finish and always leave a happy girl:
    The Shins - Wincing the Night Away
    Adele - 19 or 21, it's a toss up 
    Jack Johnson - Brushfire Fairytales
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Options
    *Copy and pasted from WTO Thursday- I posted there before this thread was created.*

There's not a WTO Friday yet, so I'm commenting here. I'm getting off birth control Monday! Yay! I am planning to track my CM and BBT. I'm doing some googling, but haven't yet found when the best time to start tracking will be. When I first take my nuvaring out, it'll be my period week (not a real period, but the birth control kind). The hormones will still be in my system until the following Monday. 

Should I start checking my temperatures when I first remove the ring, or should I wait until the new ring would be due? So far, most of my search results tell me checking temps is good, but it can take a while to get back to normal after hormonal birth control. I will probably confuse my Fertility Friend app, but that's ok. 
  • Options
    Month/cycle: 2/1

cd: 42

wydtgku: All the things

r/r/cs: Getting H to have sex is literally like pulling teeth. It's been almost 3 weeks and I had a breakdown last night and was like "I'm sorry, do you not know how babies are made? WE NEED TO DO THIS" And he said he just doesn't feel like it. "What can I do to make you feel like it" Nothing. Ugh.

Fleetwood Mac - Rumors   I just love the album. Everything about it
    Demi Lovato - Demi    Every song on this album just hits home to me. I don't know why.
    Katy Perry - Prism     She was going through her marriage breakup with this album and I can hear and relate to her pain. I know that sounds lame, but it's my truth today.

Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married: 04/05/15
    TTC since: 02/16/16

• Options
    @jedially85 I love the doors and dead kennedys!
    @steelerfan78 I'm with you on the long cycles, waiting for O can take soooo long

Month/cycle: 8/7

cd: 7

wydtgku: all the things! Hio, waiting on preseed in mail, RRL tea, prenatals

r/r/cs: Just waiting to start poas so I can catch O with these opks. I stocked up so I should be good even with my long cycles. Temp dropped so I'm hoping to keep entering in FF so I get my coverline and see the O spike this time.
    And I just realized it's FRIDAY! I've been sick so I've been a day off, and I'm suddenly very excited

This is terrible, my favorite music depends on mood and can be anything from country to rock to big band lol.
    So today I'd say my favorite albums are:
    The Doors- self titled
    Michael Buble- It's Time
    The Beatles- Rubber Soul
    -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Personal, Frequently Changing Gif Party>>>

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Month/cycle: 3/4

cd: 4

wydtgku: just prenatals + DHA right now, other stuff after AF ends

r/r/cs: Happy it's Friday. Just gotta make it through the day.

gtky: What are your 3 favorite music albums and why? In no particular order: Jimi Hendrix - Experience Hendrix: The Best of Jimi Hendrix; Queen - Greatest Hits; The Beatles - 1; Kanye West - Graduation

I picked four albums cause I'm a rule-breaker. And I picked greatest hits albums cause I can't make up my mind.

ETA: Forgot to say why! I love Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, and Queen. I definitely feel like '60s/'70s hippie / peace music speaks to me. I think I was supposed to be a flower child. I also am a huge rap fan and still think Graduation is one of the greatest rap albums of all time, regardless of whatever Kanye is up to nowadays. 
    Due Jan/Feb 2017 | It's TWINS!
    Pregnancy Ticker 
  • Options
    Month/cycle: 9/8

cd: 22

wydtgku: all the things.

r/r/cs:I am pretty sure that I O'ed yesterday.  Just waiting for the crosshairs.

1. Boxer, by The National - listen to the song "Slow Show," and then you'll understand. This whole album is so dreamy and wonderful. It's best listened to on a crisp fall day with all of the windows open.

2. Tennessee, by Lucero - they're my favorite band, and it's hard to choose just one album.  Members of Lucero all started in a punk band, and then formed this alt-country band.  They're just so hard working and such nice people.  I recommend "Nights Like These," or "Chain Link Fence," to give a listen to on this album.

3. Heartbreaker, by Ryan Adams - I could never get sick of this album.  It has highs and lows - everything you need in a great album!  I recommend "Bartering Lines," or "To Be Young."

Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
    Sorry for CD1 @doctordonna. I feel like AF is already bad enough, then you add cramps and bloating as cute little reminders. Gahhhh. *hugs* and hopefully it lightens up soon (literally and figuratively) 

• Options
    @sLass42 OMG!!! I had Rubber Soul on my list and I took it off. That is my favorite Beatles album. 

Married 2/12/2015
    PCOS Dx June 2016
    BFP #1 8/4/2015, MMC 9/24/2015
     DD 2/13/2017 
    BFP #3 8/24/2017, MC 9/20/2017
    BFP #4 11/14/2017, CP
    BFP #5 1/5/2018, MC/BO 2/17/2018
    BFP #6 7/15/2018, CP
    BFP #7 12/15/2018, EDD 8/28/2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @MollyandD I would start temping the first day you bleed and record that as cycle day 1. 

Month/cycle: 10/10

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: whole30 diet, chiropractic care, acupuncture, + the usual

R/R/CS: First acupuncture appointment went well yesterday. I'm hoping it makes a difference. We will see. 

GTKY: Eh I'm not super into music. I listen to several Pandora stations on shuffle. 
  • Options
    20T20T member
    edited April 2016
    @DoctorDonna Sorry for CD1, but welcome back! 
    ETA to clarify: not welcome back to WTO (because, boo!) but welcome back from your hiatus!! 

• Options
    @JediAlly85 I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. I love The Doors!

@Steelerfan78 I love Zeppelin too. Great gif! Sending to everyone I know in 3, 2, 1...

@MonaLisaRalphio GDTPT? I'm lost...

@Dilynne Love Rumors!

@DoctorDonna Gif game on point!! I'm sorry about CD 1. I felt the same way a few days ago. 
    Due Jan/Feb 2017 | It's TWINS!
    Pregnancy Ticker 
  • Options
    @gonetothesea oh hello my musical-taste twin.

@doctordonna I'm so sorry to see you here, girl.  But yay for the Civil Wars!  I'm so sad they broke up.

@mollyandd you can start temping whenever, but start a new cycle/chart on the first day you bleed.  It will not be a "real" period; rather, it'll be withdrawal bleeding.  But calling your first day of bleeding CD1 will help your charts make sense.  I can't remember how long you've been on BC, but if it's been a while, it might take some time for you to regulate.  My body took a solid 6 months - and I was super frustrated because ALL of my friends got KU like 30 seconds after coming off the pill.  Now that I've had a "normal" cycle, I'm really glad that I have all those old (possibly annovulatory but certainly abnormal) charts to look back to for comparison's sake.
  • Options
    picklespleasepicklesplease member
    edited April 2016
    @LadyBrettAshley23 Going Down To Pound Town.  It's a term I invented because I severely side-eye the term "HIO" and "BD" makes me want to kill myself, so I came up with an acronym I liked better.

Basically I'm trying to make "fetch" happen.

Your reference to Mean Girls go me all like:

ETA: I mean...

• Options
    @JediAlly85 woot! Happy birthday to your kiddo!

@mollyandd no nuvaring advice cause I never had one but GL! 

Month/cycle: 3/3

cd: 20

wydtgku: ughhhh nothing. Waiting for AF and DH to get back into town.

r/r/cs: I'm so cranky from the drive by pee stick this morning that I can't even. O never happened before Hubby left town. I'm wondering if it's cause of my lame-o kidney infection? I'd call my OB and ask but I'm so over this wacky cycle that I can't find the motivation to call her. I'm ready for a reset. 

Hmm. That's a thinker. I might have to come back for that one...

• Options
    @gonetothesea oh hello my musical-taste twin.
    I was thinking the same thing when I saw your list! I love the new Decemberists album!
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
     @MollyandD, you can start tracking anytime after it comes out. Personally, I'd start right away to get in the habit. When AF starts, just plug it into FF and start temping! Good luck!!

• Options
    @DoctorDonna bish we have been best friends for ages.

• Options
    @monalisaralphio and @francesgrace630 thanks for the help. I wasn't sure if I should start CD1 on the day I removed the ring, or on the first day of bleeding, which is usually the Wednesday or Thursday after removal. Thanks for giving me a helpful suggestion. 
  • Options
    @gonetothesea I saw them around this time last year and the show was amazing.  The backdrop was identical to the amazing quilty pattern on the album cover, except it had all sorts of little things that changed colors/lighting over time.  And they had to cut the show early because an enormous thunderstorm was rolling in (hello springtime in Virginia), but they ended their set with "The Mariner's Revenge" and trotted an ENORMOUS wooden cutout whale across the stage and it was f'ing MAGICAL.  I know I have pictures.  Lemme look around and I'll post one.
  • Options
    @gonetothesea I saw them around this time last year and the show was amazing.  The backdrop was identical to the amazing quilty pattern on the album cover, except it had all sorts of little things that changed colors/lighting over time.  And they had to cut the show early because an enormous thunderstorm was rolling in (hello springtime in Virginia), but they ended their set with "The Mariner's Revenge" and trotted an ENORMOUS wooden cutout whale across the stage and it was f'ing MAGICAL.  I know I have pictures.  Lemme look around and I'll post one.
    Ahh! That sounds amazing. I would love to see pictures!
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18

• Options
    @mollyandd you enter cd 1 as the first day of bleeding. (Not spotting) I don't temp until bleeding as stopped though but some do so during their period. Personal choice. 

@monalisaraphio I had strange ewcm a few days ago (way too early for me too) I think bodies just do whatever they want some days regardless of what's supposed to happen. 

@doctordonna sorry about day 1 :( I love love love imagine dragons also!!! Also, whenever I see yours, I'm like who stole berkebabys avatar? Still adjusting to the name changes! Same with monalisa abov. Haha

CP September 2019
  • Options
    Month/cycle: 2/2 TTCAL 

cd: 10

wydtgku: I'm not doing anything other than looking out for EWCM and BD EOD if I can. 

r/r/cs: Rant *Loss Mentioned*

i had a missed miscarriage in February and just found out the other day that my kitty is dying. I've had her for 15 years and she is the only baby I've ever had. I don't know how I'm going to get the strength to wait this out and then put her down. It's so horrible. Sorry to be such a downer...its just weighing heavy on my heart today. 

gtky: What are your 3 favorite music albums and why

I don't usually listen to while albums but here are three that I could listen to the entire album without getting sick of them. 

Muse - Black Holes & Revelations
    Cold War Kids - Robbers & Cowards
    Rancid - And Out Come the Wolves
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @sarah0985- I almost changed my name AND avatar, but I thought that would REALLY trip people up! I loved the Night Visions album because I could play it for my 7th and 8th graders while they worked on their final projects, without worrying about language or inappropriate things. Then I started teaching ESL, and these kids hate ALL of my music! lol!
  • Options
    (amazing things about the Decemberists)
    I saw them right after Picaresque came out and I have yet to see a more magical or theatrical show!!  As a side note, bonus that I always feel like I need to pull out a dictionary listening to their lyrics.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Options
    @steelerfan78 Rubber sould is all time favorite Beatles, followed closely by Revolver. Led Zeppelin II is my fav Zeppelin album (whole lotta love).
    Hmm corn hatred and beatles/zeppelin love...

• Options
    @JediAlly85 oh yes, I love me some Dead Kennedys. 

@mrsdaddario good luck with your blood results!

@monalisaralphio "staying home to bone" I love it! Lol

@leekat14 I loved Gwen and Tragic Kingdom. It's the story of my youth!

@mollyandd. As others have said, I would start temping the first day of bleeding and count that as CD 1. 

@Dilynne sorry you and DH are out of sync. That makes it really hard with the added pressure of sex for baby making. 

@sLass42 any tips on making the RRL tea taste better? I've tried a few things but it always tastes awful to me. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    sLass42 said:
    @steelerfan78 Rubber sould is all time favorite Beatles, followed closely by Revolver. Led Zeppelin II is my fav Zeppelin album (whole lotta love).
    Hmm corn hatred and beatles/zeppelin love...

Married 2/12/2015
    PCOS Dx June 2016
    BFP #1 8/4/2015, MMC 9/24/2015
     DD 2/13/2017 
    BFP #3 8/24/2017, MC 9/20/2017
    BFP #4 11/14/2017, CP
    BFP #5 1/5/2018, MC/BO 2/17/2018
    BFP #6 7/15/2018, CP
    BFP #7 12/15/2018, EDD 8/28/2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @mrsdaddario  so how did your RE visit go? sounds like you've got a new game plan!

Month/Cycle: 6/4

CD: 26

WYDTGKU:  Clomid + Ovidrel, HIO

R/R/CS:  still feeling bloated and slightly crampy from the Clomid. also - noticed a lot of ew cm last night. i'm assuming this is Clomid's work?  also hoping these side effects mean i'm actually responding. but more or less just twiddling my thumbs until my next RE app. tuesday. 

GTKY: What are your 3 favorite music albums and why?   i love the led zeppelin album and kayne west's 808's & heartbreak album, from 2008, i think. i can't think of another.
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC Since: Nov. 2015
    Dx: PCOS
    Clomid + Ovidrel, Round I: BFN
    Clomid + Ovidrel, Round II: BFN
    Clomid+Ovidrel, Round III: BFP! 7/5/16

• Options
    sLass42sLass42 member
    edited April 2016
    @moofish2364 I steep 4-5 bags per gallon for 3+ hours then squeeze the bags gently. Then I add about 1/4-1 cup cane sugar (depending on how sweet i want it). Sometimes I'll use agave nectar instead. I do mine cold by the gallon like sweet tea, my challenge was getting it strong enough since I like dark tea. I've also seen alot of people add a few bags of black tea (decaf if you're avoiding caffeine) to make it taste more like a flavored iced tea. If you like fruit I'd try infusing it with some kind of berries too, maybe strawberry or raspberry.
    I got it where I like it so I've kicked the black tea completely.
    Edited- because using my brain is hard