December 2015 Moms

FFFC 4/22

edited April 2016 in December 2015 Moms
Let's hear those confessions!
Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: FFFC 4/22

• I just realized that since my baby was born with lots of hair. I am mom to a baby celebrity. Everywhere we go people try to touch her or complement her hair. I was looking at some pics and realize she looks like a tiny human. Lol wondering if she would get this much attention if she was bald. Not really a confession =) just babbling
  • Loading the player...
  • I just realized that since my baby was born with lots of hair. I am mom to a baby celebrity. Everywhere we go people try to touch her or complement her hair. I was looking at some pics and realize she looks like a tiny human. Lol wondering if she would get this much attention if she was bald. Not really a confession =) just babbling
    I would say she looks like a tiny human because she is a tiny human ;) 
    I would say she looks like a tiny human because she is a tiny human ;) 
    Got me there! Haha. I meant a tiny toddler or adult lol >.<` Thank god she is a tiny human. Dont wanna know I pushed so long for something else =)
  • I like to lurk the D16 board. I laugh at the early symptoms threads.
    I lurk on pretty much all of the 2016 boards. I miss being pregnant so I'm living vicariously, lol. Also, I love hearing all the in-law drama! 
  • MomofEv+1 said:
    This one is going to get me hard core flamed. I'm sad that Prince passed away, but I didn't care for his music so I'm already sick of every outlet covering every minute detail. It's ruining the Internet Michael Jackson style. I don't dare express these sentiments out loud as I live in MN and everyone is obsessed.
    I am sad in so much as I am sad when any human dies, but yeah, I don't get the hype at all. But I will take your flame and raise you one, because I didn't get the hype when Michael Jackson died, either.
  • DH wants to go to some weird play at 8 tonight. I'm using DD as an excuse not to. Now if he suggested a movie, I would be all over that!
  • Harrison had his 4 month appointment today. He has dropped weight percentage again and has doubled his weight from birth which is recommended. I already feel like a crappy mom and that something must be wrong with my breastmilk and then my MIL made a comment about how he'll gain once I stop playing around and give him food (we are waiting until 6 months instead of starting him at two months on cereal as she recommended).  She is 6 hrs north and usually I can just ignore her outdated advice but this one hurt for some reason. So I guess my confession is that I was sad for the women who didn't get along with their in laws and now I feel like that's me and it makes me even sadder. 
  • blended10 said:
    My hubs is taking my elder child to a motocross rally tomorrow so they'll be gone all day - prob won't be home until long after I'm asleep. It's the first time since dd has been born that we have a day to ourselves & im delighted!!! I can't wait for some one-on-one time 
    I love one-on-one time with each of my babies. Sometimes hubby takes DS out for guy's afternoon and other times hubby stays in the car with DD while she sleeps and I take DS in alone. Either time is so special.

@christiel14 I'm so sorry you're feeling that way. There's nothing wrong with your milk. Not all babies gain the same. DS didn't double his weight until he was a year old. We were told as long as they have a little fat reserve they're good. Past that they're just finding their groove and that takes a while to happen.
  • I like to lurk the D16 board. I laugh at the early symptoms threads.
    I do this too and SMDH thinking how naive they (and I once was) are. Y'all just wait till you're poppin Pepcid and your feet are too swollen for your shoes!
    I did this with the FTMs here ;) When you become a BTDT you realize how naive you were as a FTM. 

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• LaceyH13 said:
    MomofEv+1 said:
    This one is going to get me hard core flamed. I'm sad that Prince passed away, but I didn't care for his music so I'm already sick of every outlet covering every minute detail. It's ruining the Internet Michael Jackson style. I don't dare express these sentiments out loud as I live in MN and everyone is obsessed.
    I am sad in so much as I am sad when any human dies, but yeah, I don't get the hype at all. But I will take your flame and raise you one, because I didn't get the hype when Michael Jackson died, either.

im so sad prince died, I find myself singing prince songs all the time! Maybe I'm just older than all of you??? (33)  But, it hit me hard!
  • LaceyH13 said:
    MomofEv+1 said:

im so sad prince died, I find myself singing prince songs all the time! Maybe I'm just older than all of you??? (33)  But, it hit me hard!
    I don't think it's age. My 18 year old cousin is serious depressed after Prince's passing. I was not more bothered by Prince and Michael Jackson than any other death but was a wreck after the likes of David Bowie and George Carlin.
  • LaceyH13 said:
    MomofEv+1 said:

I am 31, so not that much older. I found Prince to be really creepy. He made me uncomfortable every time I saw him.
  • LaceyH13 said:
    MomofEv+1 said:

I don't think it's age. My 18 year old cousin is serious depressed after Prince's passing. I was not more bothered by Prince and Michael Jackson than any other death but was a wreck after the likes of David Bowie and George Carlin.
    Yes. It depends on what impact that person had on your life. Or sometimes it's how they died. I remember when Aaliyah died I actually cried. I didn't listen to her music, but I knew who she was, and she was so young (22), and the circumstances of her death were awful: plane overloaded and an extra passenger and pilot falsely licensed to fly who was high and drunk, and the plane crashed and exploded at takeoff. 

Jamie

• To add to that, I remember where I was when I heard that George Harrison died. I was driving cross country from Florida to Texas and it was announced on the radio. Now, that was sad :(

Jamie

• Michael Jackson died the day I graduated high school, so I'll always remember. Actually, the morning of, I was googling important events that occurred on that date, and I saw "Michael Jackson passed away." I'm like, whaaaaat? Ya... That's how I found out. It was sad but I agree, I don't get super sad over celebrity deaths... I mean they are horrible but I didn't know them personally or anything. 
  • @chaelainev I get sad over some entertainers passing. It isn't the same way I'd mourn a friend or relative but I grieve the lost potential of what they still might have gone on to do.
  • @chaelainev I get sad over some entertainers passing. It isn't the same way I'd mourn a friend or relative but I grieve the lost potential of what they still might have gone on to do.
    I think that's why Aaliyah's death affected me the way it did. She had been in a movie and had started getting famous in her music career and she was only 22. 

Jamie