August 2015 Moms

Bonking baby's head/doesn't cry

the last several days when LO has fallen over or bonked his head on things he hasn't gotten upset or appeared to even notice. I hit his head this morning getting him out of the car (not crazy hard but it didn't look comfortable) and he also just fell from seated position to laying on the floor and it didn't phase him. He's a really active boy so maybe he is just used to it. I am a FTM so it's freaking me out a little because the noise it makes sounds painful. Does your baby cry or react to head bonks/tumbles all the time or is this normal? Thanks in advance :) 

Re: Bonking baby's head/doesn't cry

• My daughter does the same thing! She falls on her head, I bonk it on stuff, she just stares and doesn't react. A few times she hit it really hard and cried, but normally it doesn't phase her! I think they are built for head bumps.
  • My first was totally like that. He wasn't much of a crier to begin with so he tolerated the bumps better than I thought. I briefly considered he had that weird "unable to feel pain" syndrome but he always cried at the shots at the doc, so he must not be phased by pain much. He is 9 in a couple weeks and is still that way, not a crier much. (His brother and sister, on the other hand....)
  • Loading the player...
  • I was thinking the same thing the other day! My boy cracked his head on the edge of the dresser while he was rolling around on the floor and I kept waiting for the cry and he just laughed! I felt horrible but he didn't seem to care at all
  • BecNJakeBecNJake member
    edited April 2016
    Alright, I feel better about this. Thank you all!