October 2016 Moms
Options

Symptoms Thread 4/19

LizaKate1213LizaKate1213 member
edited April 2016 in October 2016 Moms
Figured it was time for a new one!

What is your most troublesome symptom?

Anything you are happy to see leave?

Piece of advice for those still struggling with the tail end of first tri (or just in general)?

ETA: Any questions you need answered??

BabyGaga

Re: Symptoms Thread 4/19

• Options

What is your most troublesome symptom? The gagging, oh my word. It has gotten much worse The past 2 weeks. I'm 13w3d today and it is just awful. I am not really nauseous, I just always feel like something is touching my gag reflex. Also, peeling areolas like @simcal18 said on then other thread. 

Anything you are happy to see leave? The constant fatigue. My energy is back and I love it, and along with that has come my sex drive. DH is psyched because sexy time is back on

Piece of advice for those still struggling with the tail end of first tri (or just in general)? The light is near, you will be feeling better soon. This will pass. This is what I keep telling myself at least! 

Also, question...any advice on getting the gag reflex to chill out?! It's very frustrating at work when I'm talking to a patient or co-worker and am trying to not gag in their faces. Thanks!
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    due to my incredible reoccurring headache I cannot fill out the questions but that is my symptom. fml. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also with the gagging! As a kid I had major gag reflex and couldn't use public restrooms. I eventually got over it. Until this last month. And it is getting worse. DH was in Africa last week and I had to take the trash out to the dumpster - I thought I was going to gag my esophagus out of my mouth...
    My weirdest symptom is losing weight. I forced myself to get on the scale on Saturday to "make sure I'm on track" and I was so nervous because I just felt so huge. Well, I lost 4 pounds. Which put me just 1 pound over my pre-pregnancy weight. And this despite the fact that I am bursting out of my pants and bra.
    Still tired but nothing like the first few weeks!
    Piece of advice for those still struggling with the tail end of first tri (or just in general)?
    I don't really have any advice - just be easy on yourself.
    Nope.
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Options
    What is your most troublesome symptom? I'm 13 weeks and still really nauseous. I finally got diclegis which has helped me down from throwing up like 8 times a day, but I still generally feel like I could at any time if I let myself. It's getting so old. Also, my skin is so dry!

Anything you are happy to see leave? Definitely less of a struggle to wake up in the morning, so that's nice! It's also been nice to get a bit of an appetite back with the diclegis. I love eating haha.

Piece of advice for those still struggling with the tail end of first tri (or just in general)? I'm all ears!

• Options
    What is your most troublesome symptom? Gas and loose stools. Followed by the headaches and random gagging from specific smells( dishwasher, garbage disposal, and diapers)

Anything you are happy to see leave? the all day exhaustion! come dinner time I'm ready to crawl into bed but I'm making it through the afternoon without bribing my son with TV lately. Also my pregnancy induced rhinitis is easing up.

Piece of advice for those still struggling with the tail end of first tri (or just in general)? One day at a time and be kind to yourself! Not everything is unicorns and rainbows in second tri, but find that one things that is awesome (less sickness?? stuffy nose went away? You bloat is turning into a bump?) and focus on it.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Options
    @books&icecream yikes ont he weightloss! Do you feel like you are eating well? Most OBs I've spoken to aren't concerned as long as you are eating and baby is staying on track. Often times people lose and then gain later or don't gain much at all. Not all of us can gain 30 pounds in 15 weeks (that was me..ugh)

BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Options
    jbal918jbal918 member
    edited April 2016
    Headaches! 

But atleast the morning sickness is gone!
    Almost there! The sickness stopped for me around 14 weeks! Just hold out a little bit longer!

What do you do to make headaches go away besides Tylenol? I'm trying not to take it and I've been drinking as much water as I can since 3! 

Edited for mistake 
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    LGW2015LGW2015 member
    edited April 2016
    Add me to the headache train :( nothing has helped so far. A friend suggested peppermint oil and deep blue (both essential oils). She said to take one and rub it on your temples and behind your ears and it helped her some in pregnancy. I'm going to get some and give it a shot. But for now, you can find me on the couch ugh

But honestly, other than that and the RLP I feel great, my energy is back too! First tri symptoms do go away, hang in there!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Headaches headaches headaches.  :|
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    the headache brigade makes me less nervous about mine. this is horrendous. 
  • Options
    What is your most troublesome symptom? The headaches, oh the headaches!  I'm with you ladies.  FX though, because today.... it hasn't made an appearance!

Anything you are happy to see leave? So happy to have my life back!  Lol.  What I mean is, the fatigue is gone, the nausea is gone (except for a little bout of it on Saturday night)...and I feel human again.  I no longer have the same food aversions I used to have a couple of weeks ago.  

Piece of advice for those still struggling with the tail end of first tri (or just in general)? One day you're going to wake up and you'll actually feel better and the way you'll know is you'll smell coffee and want to drink it yourself.... Then you'll get out of bed and want to put on makeup and get pretty again..... You'll get out of the house, stay out all day and actually enjoy and have the energy to do it!  Almost there mamas!
  • Options
    I just gave in and took Tylenol... 2 bottles of water and laying down for an hour did nothing! I've had it since 2:30 and I'm feeling crosseyed because now it's pounding! But it's better Han throwing up! LOL
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    Add me to the headache group! I had to stay home from work because it started to turn into a migraine. I'm on day 3 of a severe headache. I went to the chiropractor yesterday. I took a Tylenol yesterday. I'm still not feeling better. I have such a sore, stiff neck as well. 
    I wish I could hide in a dark room, in pure silence with a wash cloth over my eyes. But unfortunately, I have a crazy 2 year old that refuses to nap.
          Fell in love: Dec 2005 // Married: Feb 9, 2013

Little Miss Rosalie Harper--Born Jan 9th, 2014
  • Options
    What is your most troublesome symptom? I still am not on a consistent pooping schedule which is rough.  The headaches also haven't eased up, whomp.

Anything you are happy to see leave? I think I should knock on wood, but my nausea has really eased up.  I still get a little every now and again but nothing like it was before. 

Piece of advice for those still struggling with the tail end of first tri (or just in general)? I'm still there, so I'll take all the advice I can get.  ha!

ETA: Any questions you need answered?? Is the new symptom headaches now?  WHY?!  :(
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I will answer these later. My phone is about to die but I wanted to share my major pregnancy brain blunder. I went to get DD from preschool and left my purse and keys on my seat with all the doors unlocked. Doh!!

O16 April Siggy
  • Options
    The constipation is the worst.  It makes me cranky, gassy and miserable 
    The 1st trimester exhaustion is finally improving
    Piece of advice for those still struggling with the tail end of first tri (or just in general)?   Hang in there, it should get better soon if not now in 6 months when the baby is in your arms
    ETA: Any questions you need answered?  Kind of weird symptom but it feels like my milk is wanting to let down. I bf'd my son but that was 10 years ago.  Now if I hear a baby cry on TV or am flipping through one of the preggo mags my dr hands out with all the baby pics I can fell the same let down feeling I would when my son was a baby.  Just seems weird so early. 
  • Options
    WildMamaWildMama member
    edited April 2016
    Most troublesome symptom:
    I'm 16 1/2 weeks, btw...
    No food tastes good to me, even stuff I usually love. It's all blah. Also still having nosebleeds & heart palpitations for about three weeks now (midwife says it's normal from the increased blood flow)

Happy to see leave:
    Daily nausea & exhaustion, debilitating allergies, even the acne is lessening! But the best part is my blump turning into a legitimate bump! (The increased sex drive and stimulation of that whole area is pretty awesome too!)

Advice:
    I was with you on the headaches, ladies, they suck. What helped me was lots of water every day - I'm talking at least 120 ounces or I'd pay. Also peppermint oil behind my ears, and lying on an icepack on the base of my skull with a cloth over my eyes was a lifesaver. Good luck! Just remember there's a happy baby in there who is so grateful for all you're doing to take care of him/her.

Question:
    Is anyone else having this all-food-tastes-bland thing?? It's like if I don't put a gallon of salt or hot sauce I can't even taste it.
  • Options
    Most troublesome symptom:
    Still the morning sickness. I'm so over it. It's not as constant as it was with DD, but it's much more violent and angry. I have to call and beg for another prescription today, as this one just ran out. I hate the 20 questions from the nurse- yes I am obviously still experiencing vomiting, otherwise I would not have called!

Happy to see leave:
    The exhaustion! It's nice to be seeing a small uptick in energy level :)

Advice:
    I just have to say it- squatty potty. Or at least a foot stool you can sub in. I felt so stupid buying one, but even DH is sold. We'll never go back. 

Question:
    Anyone else still dealing with the fire boobs? Any time I accidentally bump them they punish me greatly. Ouch!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Most troublesome symptom is constant fatigue but that's a combination of pregnancy and having a 2&3 year old boys at home all day. The chest growth and sensitivity is ridiculous I cant stand anything touching them and im already complaining to my husband that I need to buy bigger bras. 

Symptom leaving
    Constipation.  Im sure it will be back but I've been drinking tons of water and that seemed to do the trick

Advice
    Drink tons of water and eat in small meals this time some how I didnt get morning sickness the last time it was hospital trip worthy but asking for meds and eating small meals helped last time

Questions
    Anyone else that ia larger chested know a good website to order plus size nursing bras?

• Options
    What is your most troublesome symptom? Count me in for those with a headache. I did have to take Tylenol this past weekend and it didn't really help. The only thing that helps is by being asleep.

Anything you are happy to see leave? The nausea has basically faded. Also, I'm not as fatigued.

Piece of advice for those still struggling with the tail end of first tri (or just in general)? I guess to just stick it out! Hopefully everyone gets that second trimester boost of energy. But with my energy came a headache.

DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    As of 3 days ago, it's what I am assuming is round ligament pains. Went to work this morning and was fine. An hour later, I am thankful that my morning student is doing testing so I can just rest.

The fatigue. I am starting to be able to function after work and being able to work on our new house.

No advice here. Just trying to make it through :)

Nope.
    Me: 31, DH: 36
    Married: 11.14.2015
    MC: 04.20.2016 @ 13w5d
  • Options

yeast infection..... 'nuf said.

Most of my nausea has subsided except when I eat or drink certain things that seem to be too high in sugar?

I'm still in that boat so I don't have much advice.... lol sorry.

Any questions you need answered??

Any STM, how soon did you feel movement from LO? I'm 15 weeks, 3 days and I THINK I felt a flutter last night but I'm not sure. Just wanted to see if anyone else has felt anything this early. =)

• Options
    What is your most troublesome symptom? I'll join the headache party. It was so bad yesterday I was late to work. The gagging is still there too, but not as bad as the weeks prior. 

Anything you are happy to see leave? The constant ALL DAY nausea. I thought it would NEVER end. 

Piece of advice for those still struggling with the tail end of first tri (or just in general)? Just keep pushing thru.... you're almost there and be feeling much better!! 

ETA: Any questions you need answered?? I think I'm good. I've been doing so much reading and research. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
    Troublesome symptom: what bothers me the most is the weird feelings in the tummy, sometimes RLP, sometimes digestive, sometimes just the uterus stretching - but my mind goes to a dark place every time; probably the biggest symptom is the sleep problems/exhaustion

Saying goodbye to: the nausea, which is occasional but mild and not nearly as pervasive or strong as before

Advice: I think I'm whinier about milder symptoms than most of you, so not really! If I could advise myself, it would be to try to lay down more, even if I really want to relax with something I enjoy instead.

Questions: Not really - it helps to see what other people are going through. 

@SuperNerd42 Never really had fire boobs. They were a little sore at first, but not troublesome. However, lately my nipples have gotten super sensitive. If my clothes rub against them, it's like sandpaper.

• Options
    @fallbabyround3 - I was peeking around for larger nursing bras and found what I thought were some good options at Bare Necessities.  You can filter by style and size, they seem to have plenty of options for larger chests, and they happen to be 15% off today:

https://www.barenecessities.com/Nursing--Maternity-Bras-Bras_catalog_nxs,31,style,12.htm
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DH and I:  Early/mid 30s
    Married 7/15
    TTC #1 as of 8/15
    BFP 11/21/15 -- MC confirmed 12/1/15
    BFP #2 2/18/16
  • Options
    Moodiness: anger around strangers, anxiety and meltdowns around DH, depression when I am by myself. It is exhausting keeping up with all my emotions. 

Fatigue. I finally have the energy to walk the dog and cook dinner after work.

Piece of advice for those still struggling with the tail end of first tri (or just in general)
    Take a short walk when you feel the fatigue coming on, sounds counter-intuitive but I swear it was getting me through the work day if I took a 10 minute walk around 10 AM and again at 3 PM. Also, drink lots of water!

Blurry vision? I am a contact wearer and allergy sufferer so I am not sure if it is related to Spring allergies or worth of a phone call to the doctor.
  • Options
    @smmatt08 I don't wear glasses/contacts but I did read that pregnancy can cause your eyes to change shape causing blurry vision and problems with contacts. I *think* I read somewhere that they recommend you not wear contacts through pregnancy because of this. I would call the dr to be sure!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Headaches and gagging. I seem to have become more sensitive to smells in the second tri. 

My all-day nausea is gone and I don't want to nap as soon as I get home anymore. 

Just be kind to yourself. You'll know when the fog has lifted! 

Any questions you need answered??

Is pregnancy rage a thing? If so, I think I have it and I'm taking it out on a guy on my commuter van. 

• Options
    What is your most troublesome symptom? The gagging every time I brush my teeth. Ugh!! This morning I started flossing, and instantly started gagging. 

Anything you are happy to see leave? I think I may not be as tired...maybe. So that is nice!

Piece of advice for those still struggling with the tail end of first tri (or just in general)? Toast and sourdough pretzels mostly help keep me from throwing up when I'm driving...and when that doesn't work, having a plastic cup for emergency purposes has been a lifesaver on more than one occasion.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @MrsB627, do you drink coffee or tea? My 1st pregnancy is when I topped on the coffee train. My OB recommended a small (6oz) coffee and it made my headaches disappear! This time I have an awful coffee aversion and it takes a lot to choke down a cup of tea but the little both of caffeine does work wonders. 

For those with gas/loose stools, I'm with you. Had to really increase my fiber intake, started taking a strong probiotic, and eliminated all dairy from my diet. I'm not having daily stomach upset anymore but every 5 days or so it gets really bad. 
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    *POSSIBLE TW*

last night, our little one decided to give us quite the scare. I'm just over 13 weeks. I was laying in bed and all of a sudden I honestly thought I peed the bed. When I got up, it was not pee, it was blood. We spent the night in the ER and thankfully the baby looks fine. Great heartbeat, moving around a lot, measuring 13 weeks 6 days (closer to my original due date) seemingly unaffected by all this blood. Followed up with my OB today and his best guest was that there was a breakage in the placenta that wouldn't affect the pregnancy but could cause a lot of blood. I'm still bleeding, like enough to wear a pad, but he said it should resolve on its own. 

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I had no bleeding or spotting at all in the first trimester at all so this seemed to just come completely out of nowhere. A really scary night. 
  • Options
    @scostel2 I don't have any experience with this, but just wanted to say i'm sorry you had to go through that! That is so terrifying :( I'm really glad your babe is fine!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @scostel2 I haven't experienced this, but search for SCH or sub-chorionic hematoma on the boards. Others have experienced frightening bleeding that turned out fine and discussed it.

• Options
    Thanks @LGW2015 and @RainMira9e. The doctors said they didn't see a subchorionic hemmorage on the ultrasounds, no placental previa either, since those are common causes of bleeding. The ER doc called the ultrasounds "unremarkable" and my OB said they were basically perfect, just besides the fact that I'm bleeding. Super weird, but hopefully it stops msoon. 
  • Options
    @scostel2 I'm glad you and your LO are ok but sorry you had that scare!

What is your most troublesome symptom? +1 to the headache party, sometimes the digestive/RLP/uterus stretching pains
    Nausea and vomiting! And fireboobs
    It gets better...either in 6 months for those with HG, or much sooner for many!
    Not that I can think of (says my pregnancy brain)
  • Options
    @scostel2
    I had roughly the same thing at 8 weeks. I was so scared but the baby was fine, no SCH, and the doctor said it's fairly common. I had to rest and now at 15w5d, I'm fine, baby is fine, nothing happened since then. So just try to stay calm and think positive thoughts, most likely it's just a one-time scare.
  • Options
    Thanks so much everyone. @naravna that makes me feel so much better. If you don't mind me asking, did you still bleed for a few days? I'm still bleeding, no signs of tapering off. The doctors said not to worry unless it gets worse, but it's just so nerve wracking that it's still happening. 
  • Options
    I just posted on the other symptoms thread but then saw there was this one.

What is your most troublesome symptom? 14 weeks and the nausea has gotten worse again. I'm SO over the nausea. I'm also still taking Zofran, and I am so ready to stop having to take it. I just want to feel normal again :( 

Thankfully the exhaustion has gotten a lot better. I have bursts of energy and I can get a lot more done lately (unless of course I'm nauseous). 

I still am having first tri symptoms, so not much advice here. 

For those of you further along who were still nauseous at 14 weeks... when did you start feeling better? ugh! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LizaKate1213 I actually had refused coffee yesterday and didn't have a headache! I was a huge coffee-holic so I definitely think that may have been the problem! Next time I get a bad headache, I'm going to try coffee before Tylenol!
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    @cd92007 I was still nauseated every time I ate until probably almost 7 months last time.  It lessened (from actually feeling like I was going to throw up every morsel I ate to just feeling slightly queasy if I ate more than a few crackers) at around 5 months, but didn't go away completely until the third trimester.  I'm sorry.  I hope yours eases earlier than that.

Fatigue and nausea are still going strong and I think one is making the other worse.  Just now sure which is chicken and which is the egg.

Constipation.  I know it'll be back in the third trimester, but I'm happy to have a break.

Rest as much as you can.  Cliche, but it's really the only thing that helps me.

My scalp has been really itchy for the past few weeks.  I assume it's a pregnancy symptom as I remember my face being really dry in my first pregnancy.  Any recommendations on shampoo and conditioner for dry scalp?  I use Clear now and it's not cutting it.