May 2016 Moms
Options

Birth Story Thread

I saw that April has a thread for birth stories for giving more details than just their announcements and I love reading them.   If you are a May mom, and have already had your baby, share your story here.  :) 

Re: Birth Story Thread

• Options
    I don't get the need for two. If you want to write a story in the announcement thread, just do it. 

cat fail animated GIF

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also like two, because on this one we can actually make comments, which is nice. Also, it keeps people from posting their own individual stories, which could get to be a bit much after we all start having our LOs.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    I like two because then we can comment and give congratulations
  • Options
    jenl1681 said:
    I thought we had agreed to do the pinned, quick "had the baby" no comments thread, which is there and then people were free to post their birth stories as they wished, open for comments etc. I personally HATE (maybe this is a U/O and I should save for Thursday) long, drawn out threads that have a gajillion comments and are so pic heavy it feels like you are trying to load the WWW on Windows 95. Also, first person posts there birth story, then 10 people post theirs, what is the point of saying congrats to each person, KWIM. 

This is what I was assuming would happen too. When I have my baby I'll post a short thing on that announcement thread and then when I have the chance to write out the birth story I will make my own thread and put it there (and then go back to the announcement thread and link my birth story to my previous post)...if that makes sense....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I guess I really don't see what the big deal is either way.......   I read the April posts and loved them so I thought it was a great idea.  If you don't want to read the thread, no one is forcing you to , but as PP have said, I am also a STM and I know how chaotic it is so most people just put the birth announcement in the other thread.  I thought if we had a place to put birth stories it would be nice for those who choose to type it and put it in.....  This is an app so everything is optional.... You don't have to look at it or put anything in it if you don't want to....   
    I am truly just loving what I see in the April thread....  

• Options
    jenl1681jenl1681 member
    edited April 2016
    VS2016 said:
    I guess I really don't see what the big deal is either way.......   I read the April posts and loved them so I thought it was a great idea.  If you don't want to read the thread, no one is forcing you to , but as PP have said, I am also a STM and I know how chaotic it is so most people just put the birth announcement in the other thread.  I thought if we had a place to put birth stories it would be nice for those who choose to type it and put it in.....  This is an app so everything is optional.... You don't have to look at it or put anything in it if you don't want to....   
    I am truly just loving what I see in the April thread....  

I *think* the point is that most people want to read birth stories, but having one thread is the most annoying way to do it. If I am remembering correctly the general consensus was chatter free simple announcement (already pinned above) then post your personal birth story when you have time. 

ETA: Because I missed it the first time: did you seriously just say that because this is an app that everything is optional? Please give me a moment while I get right with Jesus. 
  • Options
    I, for one, loathe the massive threads. They are hard to keep up on and if you don't check it for 1 day, you are 300 posts behind. It may crowd our feed but I think the individual threads make much more sense. And we don't have to read a thousand "congrats!" comments to get to the next story.
  • Options
    So I guess the consensus is this is a terrible idea.  So sorry... But clearly non of you went over to April to check it out.  You would see there are only 18 posts, all of them are birth stories aside from the original post. No other comments just likes.  This has become completely overcome with negativity on the wonderful subject so let's just let this thread die and call it a day. 
    Again I just loved their setup.  So very sorry I tried....
  • Options
    I like this idea! We could try and keep comments to a minimum? 
  • Options
    I love this idea. And agree that, yes, because it is an app of which an individual downloaded that it does indeed mean everything is optional because it is the individual who decides what threads they open and what threads they do not. I don't see the issue with having one thread of comment free birth announcements, a birth story thread, and, if one chooses to do so, post an individual birth announcement. Just do as you please! Congrats to all the moms and good luck to the rest of us that still have some weeks to go 
     :) 
  • Options
    jenl1681jenl1681 member
    edited April 2016
    1mae2016 said:
    I love this idea. And agree that, yes, because it is an app of which an individual downloaded that it does indeed mean everything is optional because it is the individual who decides what threads they open and what threads they do not. I don't see the issue with having one thread of comment free birth announcements, a birth story thread, and, if one chooses to do so, post an individual birth announcement. Just do as you please! Congrats to all the moms and good luck to the rest of us that still have some weeks to go 
     :) 
    Hahahaha, did you forget where you are? 3 options?!? No way, that cannot be a possibility, not on TB. < insert extreme sarcasm here > 

Also, I did post saying things like "I think" and "if I remember correctly" I just don't remember what the post was called to search for it. I'm down for whatever format, just so everyone is on the same page and it can get pinned, even though there will always be randos who do whatever they want. And there will be someone who gets all butt hurt when they take the time to write out a birth story and it gets buried, or they don't get enough love tits or congrats. ETA: basically you can't please everyone, I wanted to add that just in case it wasn't clear enough!! 

The "it's an app and you can just keep scrolling" remarks are just as silly as the "you're just hormonal" ones. 
  • Options
    Side note... if you haven't already gone out and checked out April's birth story thread... it's amazing and it makes me feel so much more prepared for all the possibilities. I made DH read it too. It is awesome.