January 2016 Moms
Options

Grandma Rant

Ugh. So, I'm lucky that my mom is able to watch my son 3 days a week while my husband and I are at work, BUT, she's driving me crazy. She is constantly giving me unsolicited advice about parenting to the point where I start comparing myself to Jenelle from teen mom with her psychopath mom. 

I've brought my feelings up a couple times and it's obvious that it upsets my mom. It makes me wish I had my baby in daycare with some random person who wouldn't call me day and night reminding me to put sunscreen on my baby and to burp him. 

Im a FTM but I'm a responsible, educated 29 year old that knows how to ask for advice when I need it.

Anyone else having family overstep boundaries? 

Re: Grandma Rant

• Options
    My stepmother has been banned from alone time with my child because she does not respect my parenting decisions. I caught her trying to give formula to my breastfed baby. Luckily I caught her while she was making the bottle. I left her alone for 20 minutes. I also had a breastmilk bottle ready incase she got hungry while I was gone. I have never been more pissed. Being a parent is hard enough without people second guessing you. 
  • Options
    My stepmother has been banned from alone time with my child because she does not respect my parenting decisions. I caught her trying to give formula to my breastfed baby. Luckily I caught her while she was making the bottle. I left her alone for 20 minutes. I also had a breastmilk bottle ready incase she got hungry while I was gone. I have never been more pissed. Being a parent is hard enough without people second guessing you. 
    Why!?! Why?!!? WHY?!?!??
    In what world did she think this was ok? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DianaL92DianaL92 member
    edited April 2016
    My MIL is banned for life. In the first few weeks DS was born, she kept giving me unsolicited advice on how to take care of him and myself since I am breastfeeding. That was fine because I understood that she was just excited about having a grandson. However, her advice turned into "you MUST do x, y, and z or you are mistreating the baby!" The crazy wench also insisted on coming over whenever she wanted even though we would tell her that it wasn't a good time. Long story short: she ended up accusing me of being a lazy mother since the dishes were left unclean overnight and I don't take DS out for walks every single day. Um...I'm sorry that the dishes aren't my top priority anymore? Needless to say, I told her that my son will not be around such a negative and mentally unstable person. 

ETA: I had to block her because she was harrassing me via text all the while asking to see my son. How about...no.
  • Options
    babyA4242 said:
    Why!?! Why?!!? WHY?!?!??

She believes breastfeeding is gross apparently and "didn't want to be a part of it". She had to bring the formula with her because I certainly didn't have any
  • Options
    babyA4242 said:
    Why!?! Why?!!? WHY?!?!??

She believes breastfeeding is gross apparently and "didn't want to be a part of it". She had to bring the formula with her because I certainly didn't have any
    Well I think she's gross.
    I can honestly barely believe this. I do believe it, because I have a meddling and sometimes awful mother in law, but this is out of control. This is the worst. Good job on banning her from alone time!
  • Options
    I can honestly say that I do not have a MIL or a mom who does any of this stuff. I feel for you ladies.  How awful, especially if it's your own mother.  My mom is LO's full time provider while I am at work.  She is AMAZING, in terms of doing what I feel is best for baby, even when I tell her that I fully trust decisions she makes for DS if she needs to.  

I don't know if I would have it in me to stick up for what I feel is best, if I were in your shoes, so kudos to you all. Maybe with the MIL, but my own mom, I'm not so sure how I would handle that.  Hoping that you may all catch a break from it all sometime.