Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

How long does it last...

**TMI warning**

I started spotting on the 27th of March and spotted on and off until the 2nd and then started bleeding like a heavy to medium period with very few clots and I'm still bleeding with no signs of it letting up... I was only 4-5 weeks... When is it going to stop!!! I took a test the other day to see if it was going down and it was still positive... Such a cruel joke... I just want everything to be back to normal...

Sorry for my vent post it's just very frustrating...

Re: How long does it last...

• I am very sorry you are going through this. I didn't experience a natural miscarriage so I am not sure how long it will take. Maybe you can call your doctor and they can check you out to see what is going on? Once again very sorry that you have to go through this and I hope soon you can put the physical part behind you.
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hey there I'm so sorry for what you are going through. This time is extremely hard. If you need anything or want to talk please feel free to reach out to me and I truly mean that. I can only give you my personal experience...my period was longer an more painful that usual along with clotting ect. My period usually lasts 7 days with only 2 or 3 heavy days. My bleeding lasted 10 days 7 of which were painful and heavy. So if you are feeling uneasy about the situation it's always best to call you doctor and let them know what's going on. I hope this helped.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm on day 9...

I took cytotec to force the miscarriage of a blighted ovum.  I contacted my OB yesterday about the bleeding and she said that its normal to last 2 weeks.  I wasn't mentally prepared for this duration and am ready for it to stop. I hear you about it being very frustrating.
    DS 11.24.11
    MMC 3.30.16
  • I'm on day 5 here.  Mine keeps going up and down and it's such a mind game.  Still passing some larger clots once in awhile which concerns me but I'm not soaking through pads that quickly.  I'm sleeping through the night with the same one.   Then it will slow down and I'll think it's stopping before it picks up again.  I just want to get back to my normal exercise routine, etc.  Fingers crossed my HCG will be close to if not at 0 when I have it checked again on Monday.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

Baby #2 M/C 4/5/16
  • With my natural m/c the bleeding stopped within a week. (But my hcg was already down to zero). With my d&c it lasted for 2-3 weeks. Call your doctor to have him/her check and make sure your hcg is decreasing. I'm so sorry you are going though this. 
  • First of all, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Even if the urine test is still positive, your levels can be decreasing. Maybe you can get blood work done and check your actual levels for peace of mind. As for the bleeding, it really varies from person to person. My miscarriage I bled for about 8 days, first 5 days was really heavy none stop and it started to ease up after that. Please take time to heal emotionally, your body will recuperate on its own. Give yourself time to heal. Best of luck. 
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers