July 2016 Moms
Options

Week of 3/28 Randoms

Re: Week of 3/28 Randoms

• Options
    So my husband is thinking about driving down to Florida to pick up convertibles for the dealership. I have family in Florida and grew up in Tampa and have been feeling super homesick and I kind of want to go with him. We live in Minnesota and IF we drove straight through, which we probably won't, it's about a 26 hour drive. I'm obviously going to talk to my midwife before I do anything but I was just wondering what you ladies thought about it? I haven't been home since November and normally I go every other month so a trip is longgggg overdue. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @Shelby00519 I would say make sure you take frequent breaks to stretch, walk around, eat, and hydrate.
  • Options
    @shelby00519 I just did a car trip from IL to PA (about 12 hours each way) to visit family and will be doing that treck again in early June.  It was totally fine! Just made sure to stop and stretch and move my legs every few hours (you're going to have to anyway to pee), brought a couple of pillows and plenty of snacks and beverages. 
  • Options
    pandamonium20pandamonium20 member
    edited April 2016
    @Shelby00519 IIRC, the issue with long trips would be sitting still for too long, increasing risk of deep vein thrombosis. The guideline is to make sure you get up and stretch/walk around at least every two hours. It's also suggested that long road trips be in the second trimester (defined for this purpose as below 28 weeks.)

Go for it, but practice safety measures. 
  • Options
    My belly is significantly bigger on the left side than the right the past few days. Baby has found a favorite place to hang out.

• Options
    @mkl1010 Pretty much every time I sneeze. Even 2 minutes after going to the bathroom. I use panty liners 24/7 now.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Errrrm @ButterMyBiscuit"Use the search feature instead of messing up the boards" will result in some zombie threads. It's one or the other. Pick one and set yourself free.
  • Options
    I'm good with that - just saying - in a board like this you can't expect to find everything as you want it! There are hundreds of us (supposedly) so I'm surprised it's actually not totally crazy. Good on us for being relatively unchaotic!
  • Options
    We're going baby shopping for the first time this weekend - so excited! Thanks to everyone so far with their recommendations, I now have a nifty little shortlist of items I'd like to look at. It all depends on what's available here though. Either way, we bought vouchers in December so it's like spending money we have forgotten about! Yay!  B)
  • Options

Ok, Bump Police. Whateva
  • Options
    @Kannerush "whateva"? Clearly you've outsmarted me. Kudos.
  • Options
    But @benten24 how else are they going to be passive aggressive?
  • Options
    @ButterMyBiscuit You made me spit out my milk! Too funny! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    You guys are too much! I just liked something that made me laugh. That's all. And I've contributed plenty, not just lurked. Everyone needs to calm down. 
  • Options
    Oooh everyone is so sassy today
  • Options
    @Shelby00519 One of the apps I have has a checklist. I was totally giving it the once over last night
  • Options
    @Shelby00519 not yet i think this came up on the btdt mom thread? They had some good ideas. I read a thread somewhere with some good things to take and things to skip. I'll probably start packing a bag around week 30-34 so its ready the last 4 weeks. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @Kannerush "whateva"? Clearly you've outsmarted me. Kudos.
    ...is it 1994 in here? Who is playing that damned Spicegirls soundtrack?!
  • Options
    kellz14 said:
    My parents ran away and eloped on April fools day. Except it wasn't a joke. Happy anniversary mom and dad!
    SO cute!
  • Options
    I bought a bouncy ball to sit on at school, since most of the time I sit in either little chairs or the floor and my back was killing me by mid afternoon every day. So far, it's a major improvement. Now comes the task of reminding my students it is not for them.

• Options
    @elenabrent I just ordered one this week! One of my jobs is at home on my computer, and I think this will hopefully help with all the pains I've been having. Glad you like yours! 
  • Options
    @elenabrent My doula recommended a bouncy ball and leaning forward as a way to get baby in optimal head-down birthing position later in third trimester! Good instincts ;) I want to get one for work, but have thus far been too lazy...
  • Options
    So are birthing balls the same thing as the exercise balls you'd get at a sporting goods store??? Or do I need to order a special one?
  • Options
    Is anyone else as excited as I am that Archer is back?
  • Options
    @PinkLady2015 I just got the largest size exercise ball that Target sold. I'm fairly confident they're the same thing.

• Options
    @elenabrent I love my bouncy ball! Plus they have the added entertainment of watching someone sit on one who thinks it's a toy and then they go flying off onto their asses. (Like my 22 year old brother did with mine haha). 

They're also great for using as a prop to lean against on your knees so your can get a good back rub from your SO without being on your belly! Probably my favorite use. 
  • Options
    A nurse at my prenatal yoga class recommended getting a peanut-shaped birthing ball for the last month or so of pregnancy.  Anyone heard of this before?
  • Options
    @PinkLady2015 same thing. I guess if you are below 5'9 you should get the 65cm and 75 cm if you are 5'9 or above. I found mine on Amazon for something like 17$.