December 2016 Moms
Options

When is your first appt?

Hi ladies! Curious about when everyone's first OB appointment is scheduled.  I just scheduled mine with a new practice since the one that delivered DS is an hour drive after we moved last summer.  They won't see me until 7 weeks, which seems late - especially with a high risk pregnancy.  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

Re: When is your first appt?

• Options
    Mine is Apr 27th. Will be 8weeks. 
  • Options
    I also have to switch OBs as my insurance doesn't work with the hospital that is 2 blocks from my house. My new practice doesn't see anyone until 8 weeks. I am also high risk, as I had rapid onset of  of Pre-E that turned into actual Eclampsia. It sucks, and I really wanted to have an US to see if there is more than one/make sure the nugget is settling in properly.

My last BMB came to the conclusion that unless you are an IVF/IUI/ RE patient that can't do anything until 8 weeks. At that point they can do a dating US, get you on a prescription prenatal (if needed), and start to help if you have HG. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My re already saw me last week and we are scheduled for an u/s April 4th. The following Friday I have an appt with my obgyn. They said the earliest they take anyone is 6 weeks and thats for just confirming pregnancy. they don't do u/s till 8 weeks. 
    Me: 29
    DH: 30
    Happily Ever After: 05-15-2015
    TTC since June 2015 
    BFP 3/21! - E.D.D. 11/28/16!

Pregnancy Ticker
    September Football Siggy

• Options
    Mine is April 15. I'll be 7 weeks as well. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    juliehollz13juliehollz13 member
    edited March 2016
    My RE will do an ultrasound between 6-7 weeks. They really can't even see anything before then. For now they're just monitoring my bloodwork and I'm already on progesterone suppositories. 

My 1st ultrasound should be somewhere between April 7-14th.

UPDATE: My 1st ultrasound is scheduled for April 14th at exactly 7 weeks...although i asked if they had an earlier slot by a day or 2 hehe :) So far away!!!!
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• Options
    Thanks ladies.  My OB for DS saw me at 5 weeks for an US/blood draw.   Seems they are very early compared to the standard. 

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    Hi all, I had some bloodwork (progesterone/hcg) last week and today (3w6d and 4w3d). The doctor wants me in for an early u/s on April 7th, I will be almost 6 weeks then. I have had 2 previous losses and he wants to keep a close watch on me. I am happy about it, but it does add quite a bit of stress every time I go back to the dr. Office. Good luck to all!
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

• Options
    I had my first appointment today @ 4W+4, but it was just a consultation.  I have bloodwork/annual in 2 weeks and I will be seen by the OB around 8 weeks.

Me: 25 | Him: 31

Married: September 2014

DSS Born 2/2/08

TTC our 1st since December 2015

BFP 3/18/16 - EDD 12/1/16

Proud Parents of a 5 year old Miniature Dachshund

• Options
    I haven't even called my midwife yet.  I usually don't go in until about 12 weeks, though after my last loss I'm a little more anxious.  I've never had betas done but I'm tempted to call and see if I can get them done this time.  I also only do one ultrasound around 20 weeks, but kind of would like to do one more this time around 6 or 8 weeks to see a heartbeat and reassure myself a little. 
    Me 41  DH 33  Married 09/03/2011
    DD1  EDD 08/18/01, born 08/03/2001 ~ 9lbs 10oz, 21.5 in
    DS1  EDD 4/30/2004, born 05/04/2004 ~ 10lbs, 22 in
    mc 02/14/12 @ 5 weeks
    DD2  EDD 12/25/12, born 12/30/12 ~ 10lbs 11oz, 21.25 in
    mc 12/05/15 @ 12 weeks
    Cautiously expecting 12/02/16

• Options
    Because of my history I am working with an RE.  I had 2 appointments last week for labs only.   My next one is on Thursday for more labs and US (@ 5w).  It's a REALLY early US so I am not expecting to see much more than a gestational sac.  I'll have weekly checks until they release me to my OB probably around 8 weeks.  

TBH the early US can sometimes cause more anxiety than anything.   Part of me doesn't really want an US this week.  I know when I ovulated so at least I have that in my favor for them to assess the progress, but if your dating is off (ie you weren't tracking & confirmed O with temping) it can cause you A LOT of, most likely, unnecessary stress an anxiety.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    My thoughts on this are less about the US and more about a consultation with a doc about a plan since I had a life threatening PG with DS.  I won't get to see a doc until 12 weeks.  My old OB told me I'd need to be seeing a MFM next pregnancy.  I'd like to have the if/then conversation so I know what I'm looking for this time and have an opportunity to discuss my prior PG and review my chart and labs.  I called my OB that delivered DS to see if they'd have a consult with me - (I don't really need early tests to confirm PG... I can wait like everyone else) and they are no longer in my network.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    April 29th! Just made my appointment today!
  • Options
    @DiFazette I would think anyone in the high risk category would be seen early & frequently.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19

• Options
    Mine is scheduled for April 20th. They said they make the first appointment for about 7-9 weeks, and that's just to confirm the pregnancy and I *think* maybe to do a vaginal ultrasound. I forget. I also have the big 2-hour pre-natal physical appointment scheduled for May 9th. 

My Blog

Me: 26 years old
    DH: 30 years old
    Married: August 5th, 2011
    1 son (Yehudah...AKA: Hudi) Born September 25th, 2013
    1 Furbaby (Portillo): Dachshund
    TTC Since Beginning of March 2016
    BFP: March 28th, 2016
    EDD: December 3rd, 2016

• Options
    MrsBinPA said:
    @DiFazette I would think anyone in the high risk category would be seen early & frequently.
    @MrsBinPA - me too, that's why it's got me stressing.  My 7 week appt (with a NP) will be the first with this new OB office so they don't know anything about me.  I think I'm going to call again tomorrow and give more info and see what they will do.

BTW - I grew up in your area!  Live down south now, but some days I really miss 'home'.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    I haven't thought to call yet. Last time, I was seen at 7 weeks, but I don't know if they will want to see me that early again or just have me wait. My last pregnancy was pretty mellow until delivery so I don't see any point for me to rush to get in. If it was a HRP, I would call sooner. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    FiancBFiancB member
    edited April 2016
    Last time they saw me late in my 7th week for blood draw and UA. I thought they'd be doing an US as well and I almost cried when they didn't. I did the following week but got bad news :neutral: 

This time I called and they're bringing me in for bloodwork on Friday. I'll be 4 weeks 6 days and from there we'll decide when to do an u/s. I'm not really that picky. As eager as I was last time, I don't want it to be in a period of limbo when there might be a heartbeat or there might not. I'm thinking that maybe they'll go ahead and do it at 7 weeks if they need to do a UA then. I'll pretty much leave it up to them. At this point, I can pretty much go in only one day out of the week and it's more important to me to be able to have DH there than whether it's 7 weeks or 10 weeks or anywhere in there. 

ETA: first ultrasound is 4/18 at 7 weeks 2 days. They wanted to see me on 4/15 but MH wouldn't have been able to make it. 
  • Options
    Heading to the doctor today to get everything confirmed!
  • Options
    I currently see an RE. Had labs done at 4 weeks and 4 weeks 2 days. Will have another lab done on Friday at 5 weeks 1 day. Viability ultrasound schedules for 6 weeks 6 days on April 12th. Hoping for good news this time...our last little angel stopped growing at 6 weeks 1 day 
  • Options
    RubyRedPirateRubyRedPirate member
    edited March 2016
    Im getting blood work run tomorrow to check my betas and progesterone since I had a MC 8 weeks ago. As long as everything looks good, my first appointment will be April 11th, a little over 6 weeks. Its supposed to be an "8 week appointment" but I have 42 day cycles and ovulated way late. 
    ME: 28 DH: 27
    Started Dating: 10/20/2006
     Married: 10/20/2013
    MMC @ 8w 12/15
    MC @ 5w 03/16
    ALEXANDER JAMES DUE JULY 15th!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    DiFazette said:
    MrsBinPA said:
    @MrsBinPA - me too, that's why it's got me stressing.  My 7 week appt (with a NP) will be the first with this new OB office so they don't know anything about me.  I think I'm going to call again tomorrow and give more info and see what they will do.

BTW - I grew up in your area!  Live down south now, but some days I really miss 'home'.  
    I called the OB/surgeon from Ls birth/pregnancy. They wouldn't have seen me until 7-8 weeks. Even though they know my history, and that I'm high risk. I think it really depends on the individual docs personality.

• Options
    I saw my RE today (4w1d) for blood work... my numbers were great for 15dpo!  Hcg was 534 and progesterone was 24 (super high for me, lol).  I've been on progesterone since 3dpo and it seems to be working this time!  I go back for repeat blood work on Wed and will be seen weekly till they release me to my OB at 8 weeks (if I remember correctly from my first pregnancy).
    Me: 35 | Him: 35
    G born 10/25/12 | H born 3/25/14
    TTC#3 since 7/2015
    Early loss 12/2015 most likely due to low progesterone
    Began medicated cycles (Femara/Ovidrel/Endometrin) with TI 1/2016
    BFP 3/22, EDD 12/4/16 ~ It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    H4aPartyof5H4aPartyof5 member
    edited March 2016
    I'm going to give it a few more days and then call.  If memory serves, my current practitioner saw me around 7 weeks with DS2 and around 9 weeks with DS1 (but with that pregnancy, I was confused about my LMP due to break through bleeding so I scheduled the appointment late).

Update:  I scheduled my appointment today - April 28, when I should be ~ 8 weeks.  It's going to be a long 4 weeks.

ETA: Update

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
  • Options
    lrg14lrg14 member
    edited March 2016
    For those of you who are not seeing an RE and are not considered a high risk pregnancy, is the office having you in early to confirm the pregnancy?  Mine does not do that, but my SIL is saying that I should insist that they have me in right away for blood work to confirm HCG is doubling every couple of days.  
  • Options
    edited March 2016

So different in Canada! I hadn't heard of an RE until the bump... we definitely have OBGYN's and family docs. So I booked an appt with my family doc this Thursday to confirm pregnancy with bloodwork, and then I booked an apt with my OBGYN of choice for May 25th (I really wanted a certain doc and she is full until then) so I'll only see my OBGYN at 13 weeks but until then I just see my regular family doc who happens to be a gynecologist/pediatrician anyway. I have no idea what the process is! Very exciting either way.

Me: 33 | DH: 34
    TTC #1 Oct 2015
    BFP Mar 26, 2016 - DD born Nov 2016 <3
    TTC #2 since Mar 2017
    DX: MF June 2019, varicocele embolization Jan 2020, good improvement (14 mil, low motility)
    IUI#1 Aug 2020 - BFN
    IVF #1 Dec 2020 (ICSI) - ER, freeze-all - 15 retrieved, 15 mature, 15 fertilized. 4 embryos frozen, all day 5 blasts!
    FET #1 Feb 2021 - BFN
    FET #2 Apr 2021 - BFP 5DP5DT!! Beta #1 13DP5DT (17DPO)  = HcG 1,238. Beta #2 17DP5DT (21DPO) = HcG 8,269

• Options
    lrg14 said:
    For those of you who are not seeing an RE and are not considered a high risk pregnancy, is the office having you in early to confirm the pregnancy?  Mine does not do that, but my SIL is saying that I should insist that they have me in right away for blood work to confirm HCG is doubling every couple of days.  
    For my first pregnancy, I had 1 blood draw at 4w that was just to see if I had HCG. Then I didn't see anyone until 12 weeks.

• Options

So different in Canada! I hadn't heard of an RE until the bump... we definitely have OBGYN's and family docs. So I booked an appt with my family doc this Thursday to confirm pregnancy with bloodwork, and then I booked an apt with my OBGYN of choice for May 25th (I really wanted a certain doc and she is full until then) so I'll only see my OBGYN at 13 weeks but until then I just see my regular family doc who happens to be a gynecologist/pediatrician anyway. I have no idea what the process is! Very exciting either way.

I do know someone on here in Vancouver that went to an RE, but had to be on a very long waiting list to do so and with some well established fertility issues. It's still not common here, but I'm guessing a little bit easier to get in to see one.

Definitely jealous of your maternity leave though :neutral: 
  • Options
    lrg14 said:
    This is my 6th pregnancy and I've never had a pregnancy confirmed or betas done.  I'm technically considered high risk because of my age, but probably won't have my first appointment until towards the end of the first trimester. 
    Me 41  DH 33  Married 09/03/2011
    DD1  EDD 08/18/01, born 08/03/2001 ~ 9lbs 10oz, 21.5 in
    DS1  EDD 4/30/2004, born 05/04/2004 ~ 10lbs, 22 in
    mc 02/14/12 @ 5 weeks
    DD2  EDD 12/25/12, born 12/30/12 ~ 10lbs 11oz, 21.25 in
    mc 12/05/15 @ 12 weeks
    Cautiously expecting 12/02/16

• Options
    I went yesterday for a confirmation/consultation. I switched to a new practice recently, so this was new to me. At my old office, I wasn't seen until 8-10 weeks. I go back on May 2nd for the first ultrasound. 

• Options
    I called to make an appt, and found out my doctor will be out of the country around my due date and is not taking new pregnancies at this time! I had done a ton of research about her and her experience with Type 1! So I did some research and found a young doctor a little older than me who has had great reviews about high risk and multiples. I made an appt with her for 7 weeks on April 26, and they said they would do an ultrasound and the following:
    • Blood Type
    • D (Rh) Type
    • Antibody Screen
    • HCT/HGB
    • Pap Test
    • Rubella
    • VDRL (Syphilis)
    • Urine Culture/Screen
    • Gonorrhea
    • Chlamydia
    • HBsAg (Hepatitis B)
    • HSV Herpes Type I&II
    • Sickle Cell (If Indicated)
    • HIV Counselling /Testing*

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    I went to my PCP yesterday for confirmation and consultation. Pregnancy is officially confirmed, and baby is officially expected in early December! The nurse was the sweetest person ever, and they ran my blood test during the consultation so that I could have the results before I left (it was my mom's last day in town, and I wanted to tell her in person). The PA was awesome, and they included a super cute provider note. 

This is my first pregnancy, so all of this is new, exciting, and a little scary. I love that my PCP's office knew that and made it as stress-free and happy as possible!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    lrg14lrg14 member
    I decided to switch practices.  I didn't realize my past OBGYN only delivered at 1 hospital, and its not really the one that I wanted to deliver at.  Several people recommended this new practice so hopefully I made the right choice.  The downside is if I stayed with my pasted OBGYN my first appointment would have been April 6th (around 6 weeks) and now it's not until April 18th.  But in the long-run this shouldn't be a big deal.  :)
  • Options
    Mine is scheduled for April 13th, right at 7 weeks. My first time around I had one at 4.5 weeks because I was having some pretty bad cramping. Everything turned out fine tho.

• Options
    Mine is the 1st week of May. I will be around 9 weeks. They are seeing me sooner due to my last pregnancy which was high-risk. I had gestational diabetes which is not a huge deal if you follow your diet. The problem was that my placenta was failing and my daughter ha IUGR.
  • Options
    April 20, so I'll be around 7 weeks.  The first time around I didn't get seen until I was in the second trimester (I was on the pill, it was unexpected, I had no odd symptoms), so this is all new to me.
  • Options
    I'm still in denial so I haven't called but I should...they saw me around 9-10 weeks with DD
  • Options
    My RE is doing first ultrasound in 4/12. But my OB is not seeing me until 5/5. 
  • Options
    My first appointment is tomorrow at 4 weeks 6 days, but based on LMP it's 5 weeks 3 days.  Due to my mc in June, they are seeing my earlier, they could see me this week, or at 10 weeks.  They were great and scheduled a confirmation visit for me.
  • Options
    Mine is at 7 weeks but I have to drive to another city an hour away to get in that early. Had a prior mc so thought that would get me in earlier, but that seems the earliest they can do. The practice here in town couldn't get me in until 10 weeks, knowing I had an mc, and told me if I wanted blood work or an ultrasound that I have to go to the ER because they don't have the right US machine. (!!!) And they only have 2 docs on staff right now so even the 10 week appointment they warned could be bumped later. All that was beyond enough to make me switch. Called the nursing line about cramping in lower right yesterday over a couple hours, and told to lay off any exercise or sex until my next appointment... :neutral: @itsmehere1212 @Zygodactyl super jealous you all are getting in so early. Can't wait to live in a real city again, ugh!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have my first appointment on April 5th because my last cycle was Feb 3 so based on that they are saying I'm 8 weeks but I had taken a test last Tuesday and it was negative this Tuesday it was positive and the digital test said 2 to 3 weeks so I will be talking to him about this and probably won't have an ultrasound till the next appointment.