June 2016 Moms
Options

Hydronephrosis/MIL Update

Hello all! So at my last assessment, they said Arya has low amniotic fluid due to me being dehydrated after basically repeating my first trimester at 27 weeks. Also, she still has fluid in her kidneys but the tech was able to see her urinating in the U/S so her kidneys function, they just keep backing up with fluid. She said they're going to check them as soon as she in born and if it doesn't correct, she may need surgery. However, a bright spot is she tested negative for having Downs so hooray!!

Also, after my numerous posts about my MIL, she and I have reconciled and all is well in the land of Oz. God, I love when things are peaceful. :D

I hope everyone is doing well and if anyone has any experience with their newborn bubs needing surgery, I'm all ears. More so just so I have a slight idea of what to expect.

BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

>

Re: Hydronephrosis/MIL Update

• Options
    **lurking from july**

my ds had hydronephrosis; they discovered it at the anatomy scan and it had actually gotten a little worse when we did a repeat ultrasound at 26 weeks or so.   We've had three ultrasounds since he was born, and it was only by the last one at about 18 months that the issue had mostly resolved.  

When he was an infant, the first pediatrician we saw and a radiologist pressured us to get a contrast study done, but it seemed unnecessary and invasive to us, especially when the hydronephrosis hadn't caused any complications.  Apparently, pediatric hydronephrosis treatment is a really controversial issue right now; doctors disagree pretty widely about what measurements count as abnormal and how to deal with it.  We easily found a pediatrician that supported our wait and see stance and we're glad we did.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm glad to read these posts -- I'm going back for a follow-up scan at 32 weeks because they noted some urinary tract dilation during our anatomy scan. My OB isn't concerned at this point since it can be caused by hormones and self-resolve, but it's nice to hear a little bit more about what I might expect if it hasn't resolved. 
    CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker