Baby Names
Options

Baby boy middle name help!

sillyfoxsillyfox member
edited March 2016 in Baby Names
We have DD named Gwen and are expecting a boy in May! Our last name starts with a hard C and is three syllables. We are pretty set on Henry for the first name, but DH and I are having an impossible time picking a middle name... The list below are some names we both like, but neither of us are in love with them. In addition to what I have listed please feel free to add suggestions! DH is a big fan of Sci Fi, and is a science nerd in general, and he also loves names with historical significance. I'm a fan of biblical names or names with family ties (Henry was DH's grandfather, Charles is my grandfather, Joseph is my father).

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

BFP 1: 9/15/2013 | DD 5/23/2014
BFP 2: 9/15/2015 | EDD 5/26/2016

Baby boy middle name help! 80 votes

Henry William
13% 11 votes
Henry Charles
26% 21 votes
Henry Joseph
48% 39 votes
Henry Ryan
11% 9 votes

Re: Baby boy middle name help!

• Options
    I like them all pretty evenly. They are all solid MNs! I like Henry Charles as a nod to your grandfather and it also works  as a nod to Charles Darwin, since your H is a science nerd.
  • Options
    Henry Joseph sounds great and is a great way to honor your dad. Very classic name :) Coincidentally, my dad's name is also Joseph and we are using it as a middle too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Henry Joseph wins for me because of te dad reference.  I would take off Henry Ryan as an option- even though I like the name Ryan, the -ry sound repeating does not flow.
  • Options
    austinjl said:
    Henry Joseph wins for me because of te dad reference.  I would take off Henry Ryan as an option- even though I like the name Ryan, the -ry sound repeating does not flow.

I seriously didn't even think of that! Thank you!

• Options
    I voted for Henry Joseph. Henry Ryan didnt make the cut because I feel like family significance means more. You are already honoring YH's side with Henry. I ditched Henry Charles because that is not only Prince Harry's name (Henry Charles Albert David) but also because his name is Henry and his dad is Charles....it was too "royal" for me. So Henry Joseph was the one that got my vote. 
  • Options
    LNic5LNic5 member
    Henry Joseph 
  • Options
    Thanks for all the thoughts! I thought Henry William & Henry Charles might be a little too royal but they're all such classic names, it's hard to say I guess. I'll talk to DH about it more and see where we land!