Baby Names
Options

Opinion on names

We are team green and due in less then 2 months. We were team green with our first and easily agreed on a girls name and struggled with a boy name. Our first was a girl and we named her Charlotte, which I love. I didn't realize how popular it was becoming but I still think it's beautiful. 

Our current name options are:
Girl- Elizabeth or Genevieve

Boy- Alexander or Truman

My husband likes common names, I like names that aren't too out there but not so common. What do you think of these choices?

Re: Opinion on names

• Options
    Don't like Truman but the rest are solid

• Options
    I like them all except for Truman.

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Why don't you use both Truman and Alexander. I think either way Truman Alexander or Alexander Truman has a nice ring to it.  I prefer Genevieve for the girls name but Elizabeth is always a solid choice! I think they all go together also. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for your opinions ladies. We don't want to share our names with family/friends so it's good to hear some opinions.
  • Options
    I agree, I like all except Truman (although for a middle name it would be fine).  
  • Options
    Loooove Truman! It's on my guilty pleasure name list.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
    Love both your girl names a lot!! Alexander is NMS, but it is a classic for sure and pairs nicely with Charlotte. I think Truman is too surname-y and sounds a little pretentious.
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    I love Truman. I have a nephew Truman and I loved his name from the start. We call him Tru sometimes, and it's just such a great name. So, had to add my two cents. ;)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Genevieve and Alexander are my votes
  • Options
    All great except Truman...yuck
  • Options
    I think I may have to keep truman as a guilty pleasure. I had never considered Truman before so I can't guarantee it's not just a pregnancy side effect. :)
  • Options
    I love Genevieve! It's been on our girl list for years

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    Elizabeth is pretty but overused, IMO.  
    I love Genevieve.  
    Alexander is a fantastic name.  
    Truman is odd at best.  I immediately think of President Truman, and unless he, or someone else with that name, holds special meaning to you and your family, I'd find it a very strange choice.

• Options
    Elizabeth is pretty but overused, IMO.  
    I love Genevieve.  
    Alexander is a fantastic name.  
    Truman is odd at best.  I immediately think of President Truman, and unless he, or someone else with that name, holds special meaning to you and your family, I'd find it a very strange choice.
    Agreed
  • Options
    I love your girl names, Elizabeth is more popular than Genevieve, but it's timeless like Charlotte. So I don't think you could go wrong there. I really want to like Truman, but it makes me think of the movie The Truman Show :/
  • Options
    I'm going to assume Truman is a nod to Truman Capote and if so, I'm nodding. With understanding. That being said, not really a fan of the name as a stand alone entitiy. The reference is solid but the name isn't fantastic. 

All your other choices are great. Any of them would do. I'm an Elizabeth so I vote for that - mostly because it can literally be shortened to about half the names in the English language and some in other languages too.
  • Options
    I'm not usually a fan of last names first but Truman is pretty adorable. 

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker