Trouble TTC

Diagnosed with PCOS

I went to the OBGYN on March 3rd for a routine physical.  While there we discussed some issues I've been having (irregular cycle/AF, rapid weight gain, infertility, skin tags, anxiety/depression/stress, sleep apnea/snoring, decreased sex drive, etc.).  She drew labs and scheduled me for an ultrasound for the 17th.

I went back yesterday to have my US and it only showed 1 cyst on my ovaries and my A1C and Thyroid were normal.  However, my FSH/LH were totally backwards.  She said after ruling out everything else it was clear that I have PCOS.  I was already prepared for that answer so I didn't freak out.  

I asked her about Metformin but she said that I was way past that and recommended that I start Provera and Clomid to induce ovulation and if it didn't work we would bump it up next month and try again.

Is there any information or success stories out there that will make me feel hopeful about this next step?

Re: Diagnosed with PCOS

• I'm in the same boat as you! I've been there for a bit longer but am doing the same thing as you. I know a girl that had the same issue and she got pregnant the second cycle. I am not at all saying that will happen for us! Every single person is different and responds differently to the medication. What I would do is start a sugar detox. Start eating healthy, walking, and taking prenatals and a multi vitamin. All we can do is our best at making our bodies a healthy environment for a baby to grow. As crazy as it may drive us, the rest is out of our hands! Best of luck to you. There are a lot of us here in the same boat, they're a great support team! 
    TTC naturally on and off for 5 years
    I'm 28 DH is 30
    PCOS warrior
    Started 1st round of Clomid 3/15/16 on CD5

Starting 2nd round of Clomid 4/15/16

• I would also consider an RE as well...there are multiple posts from women suggesting this. I did my first cycle of Clomid with my ObGYN and wish I had gone to RE- it's been a much better monitoring system with her
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • Loading the player...
  • I would highly recommend a second opinion as far as the medications go. Based one your symptoms, the PCOS seems like the right diagnosis, but I question the treatment plan. I second the sugar detox. I've been trying to do that the past few months. It is very difficult, and there are many days when I fail miserably, but I'm at least thinking about what's going into my mouth. Surely it has to be making some kind of change!
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17