Monday Bitchfest

Let it all out here
Married 2006
DS1 2010
DS2 2013
DD1 2016

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• Options
    I don't mind when strangers come up and ask me about my babies - I get it, they're twins and people get excited. What I can't stand is when I pass people in the store with my double stroller, and someone says to their friend/SO at a normal volume "Oh look, twins!" with no effort to talk to me or even look at me. They just talk ABOUT my babies to the person they're with. It makes me feel like a freak show. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel bad about bitching about this since I'm lucky to live in a state that even does temp disability and paid family leave, but my doctor's assistant has totally effed up my temporary disability benefits and it's driving me crazy.  She shorted me two weeks accidentally and keeps insisting I can extend it myself online.  But I can't.  And it took me three days of calling on their busy servers to confirm this fact with the temp disability office.  But she's still insisting I can do it and that she can't.  If this doesn't get resolved I'm just going to have to be out the two weeks (like $1800!!!) of benefits and just go ahead and transition to the six weeks of paid family leave, so I don't just hang out in this limbo area getting no benefits at all.  It's just maddening because there is literally one quick form she has to file and she keeps insisting that there's a way for me to do it when it says right on the form *physician only.*

And I am working on no sleep today and am afraid of my patience levels when she calls me back.  :/  She's a really nice (albeit a not super bright) girl and I do not want to lose my temper with her, but I am totally on edge and it's nearly two thousand dollars we're talking about!
  • Options
    I thought today was going to be a great Monday, I got put on call at work so I got to stay home with my DS who's fighting a cold and has a horrible cough so I'm glad he didn't have to go to daycare again and get any worse. Then he cluster fed all morning, feed for 30 minutes, nap for 15 mins, scream and repeat for 5 hours. Then this afternoon I got a bad headache out of no where and was super confused why until I realized it was a migraine and I didn't recognize my aura bc it has been years since I've had a migraine so now I'm sitting in the semi dark with a throbbing head and a fussy, sick baby :( and the day started so promising!
  • Options
    I feel bad about bitching about this since I'm lucky to live in a state that even does temp disability and paid family leave, but my doctor's assistant has totally effed up my temporary disability benefits and it's driving me crazy.  She shorted me two weeks accidentally and keeps insisting I can extend it myself online.  But I can't.  And it took me three days of calling on their busy servers to confirm this fact with the temp disability office.  But she's still insisting I can do it and that she can't.  If this doesn't get resolved I'm just going to have to be out the two weeks (like $1800!!!) of benefits and just go ahead and transition to the six weeks of paid family leave, so I don't just hang out in this limbo area getting no benefits at all.  It's just maddening because there is literally one quick form she has to file and she keeps insisting that there's a way for me to do it when it says right on the form *physician only.*

And I am working on no sleep today and am afraid of my patience levels when she calls me back.  :/  She's a really nice (albeit a not super bright) girl and I do not want to lose my temper with her, but I am totally on edge and it's nearly two thousand dollars we're talking about!
    You need to talk to your doc about that. That's unacceptable that she did that and won't fix it. I would file a complaint too. i would call and demand to talk to your doc or even go there and demand to talk to your doc.

My Monday Bitchfest: DD2 is super fussy and possibly has colic but nothing we do helps. She is just a fuss pot! I need sleep and ice cream to
    survive this!
  • Options
    Scheduling this baptism is impossible. My daughter will be 16 by the time she has hers.
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • Options
    I hate the looooong wait times on hold with every business I have to call!!! I had 3 phone calls to make today and only got two done due to waiting on hold for a combined total of 45 minutes. I don't have time to be on hold people.  I have a little baby that will cry at any time, then not only can I not talk to you, but I'm going to have to hang up (having wasted sitting on hold all that time) and try again later. Grrrrr
  • Options
    Dear husband, 

Here's a novel idea: how about instead of complaining about making your own lunch in the morning before work, you make it the night before. Bonus points if you use left overs from dinner to make the lunch because then that's one less thing I have to do at night (put left overs away) while you sit on the couch and relax. 

Sincerely, 
    I don't just sit around all day