Babies on the Brain

Ugh!

I need help. In 2 days, 5 couples we're friends with have announced pregnancies, revealed the gender, or posted a bump photo. My baby fever is through the roof and then some. Talk me down, ladies, I beg you!
Married: 10-2-2010
Punk's birthday: 3-28-17

Re: Ugh!

• Stay off baby websites if you want your mind off of it! That's what I had to do.
  • This is on facebook. I've been trying to stay off there, but I'm going nuts. 
  • Loading the player...
  • **trigger warning--- loss mentioned**

That's rough! I went through those feelings after having a miscarriage before getting pregnant with my son. Emotions were high in general... People kept posting their pregnancy announcements for babies due around the same time my little one would have been due if that first pregnancy would have stuck. It hurt because not only did I want a baby so very badly, I was also mourning the loss of the one I thought I was going to have. I would say just stay off Facebook, but I know that's hard. I think I'm a glutton for punishment because I didn't avoid it at all lol. But eventually it got easier... Even before I got pregnant again. Just take the time now to focus on you and getting your body ready to carry that baby you want so very badly. It makes it easier knowing you are working towards that goal. Also I decided to try (as hard as it was) to be happy for those people because their news is happy for them. And you bet when my time came I definitely shared proudly as well! Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry for your loss, borgie. Your story is part of the reason I'm wondering if we should post to facebook once we are pregnant - there are a few on my friends lists that have angel babies themselves, one of whom hasn't been able to get pregnant since her loss. 

Hubby has a countdown on his phone - he's finally up to my level of excitement. I've been working out, eating better, and we have a vacation planned for October (start trying in June), so I'm considering Disney the light at the end of my tunnel. 
  • borgie05borgie05 member
    edited March 2016
    I say still post on Facebook (if you want to) when the time comes! There are other people who might be having a hard time themselves, but honestly I'm sure they will still be happy for you. Maybe it's because I have my son now, but I absolutely love seeing when friends post their announcements! Although it doesn't help with the baby fever  ;)
  • The bump app keeps cutting my reply short! Lol glad to hear you have some great things to focus on. Keep busy and June will be here before you know it!
  • I have something new to look forward to! One of the friends we're going to visit on our trip this October just announced that she's pregnant - and due September 30! We'll be there the following week, so I promised we'd come over and give her a break so she could shower and relax a bit. She's already taken us up on it. :smiley: 
  • Oh that sounds fun! Sweet baby snuggles are the best!