Baby Names

Which name do you prefer?

KEPriorKEPrior member
edited February 2016 in Baby Names
We already have a daughter named Emma Grace.

Which name do you prefer? 124 votes

Lilia Belle (pronounced Lily-Ah)
54% 67 votes
Everly Belle
45% 57 votes

Re: Which name do you prefer?

• I don't care for either one. They both sound made up and unfinished. 
    BabyGaga
  • Loading the player...
  • I love Everly, and Lilia is pretty, too. I picked lilia because I liked it better with Emma. We're considering Everly for a girl as well. 
  • I don't like Everly, it's very trying too hard to be a fairy princess. Beverly would be far better.

Lilia is clunky. Better than everly, but not by much.
  • groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited February 2016
    Why not Lilliana? 

Belle is fine. Belle is pretty. Lilliana Belle is sweet and you could nn her lilybelle or lillabelle
  • I don't like either name. Lila Belle or Lillian Belle would be very pretty.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Like pp, Lilliana, Lillian or Lila would fit and flow better.
  • I love Lilia. Such a lovely, under used, older name. PLEASE dont use Lilliana.......sssooooo 90's. Lillian is fine, but Lilia is so much better
  • What about Lila (lie-luh)? I think it would sound great with big sister Emma.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • I voted for the first, but the name pronunciation is hard. I would go to Lila
    March 2011: Off Nuva, cycle back to "normal" for me: No periods since 15 years old. June 2011:Provera&50 mg Clomid; Progesterone:0.7 July 2011:Provera&100mg Clomid; Progesterone:3.29 Met with RE:No Clomid response, begin injectables Sep 5 mg Letrozole and Ovidrel in the interim month. Cut out running (was a distance-runner), cycling, eliptical. Restricted to weight-training, walking, pilates. Brain MRI normal. Being physically over-stressed is the reason the body stopped producing prog. Late Sep 2011: Menopur, Ovidrel,& IUI (10.10.11):BFN-Great injectable response: 2 mature, 6 near mature, many smaller; Problem: 9 cysts! Dr: IUI too uncontrolled for number of viable eggs & age. On to IVF! IVF ER 12.6: 37 mature eggs, 27 fertilized, froze all to avoid overstimulation; FET 1.22 (2 Grade 1)=BFN; FET 2.22 (3 Grade 2)=BFP! Beta 10dp3dt=291; 12dp3dt=644; HB 3.26!! 174 bpm: Vanishing twin almost completely absorbed 10wks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think you should reconsider spelling of the first one, the fact that you have to write out the pronunciation - she's going to be pronouncing it for everyone the rest of her life.  And I don't like the second combo at all - when I first read it my eyes saw "Everly Beverly."
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

• saham07 said:
    I love Lilia. Such a lovely, under used, older name. PLEASE dont use Lilliana.......sssooooo 90's. Lillian is fine, but Lilia is so much better

I also agree Lilia is a beautiful name. It is a vintage name dating back to 1910 as far as I know. Surprisingly, back in 1910 it was more popular than Arabelle, Ivy, Norah, Margot, Emmaline, and Samantha- all of which are considered "normal and popular". The pronounciation is not hard as some previous posters have mentioned, it flows nicely with the middle name Belle, and it is a lovely, vintage name. Just because it is underused, and an older name, does not mean it's made up! :smile: 

• Probably in the minority here... but I love Everly. The only reason we are not using it is because it's way too close to Beverley which is my step-grandmother's name and I'm not particularly fond of that woman.

That being said, I do not like the pairing of "Belle" with Everly.
  • I like Lilia, not a fan of Everly though.
  • neither
    This.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • indiana101indiana101 member
    edited March 2016
    Everly is lovely

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• queenbone said:
    neither
    This.
    Yep
  • I like Lilia, but upon first reading, I read it as lie-luh) because the 'ili' letter combination kind of gets lost when glancing at a name.  
  • I like Lilia best but I like the spelling Lilja with my Finnish roots coming out.  Every is just NMS but I have certainly heard and seen a lot worse.