Baby Names

Baby Boy Name Help

lm45678lm45678 member
edited February 2016 in Baby Names
Hi everyone! I am currently 24 weeks pregnant with our 1st LO and we are team green. If it's a boy, he will be named William after my dad. My question is about the middle name. Options are: Clayton (my mom's maiden name) or Christopher (DH's middle name). Thanks!
Me (31) & DH (32)
Married 9/27/2014
DD Born 6/23/16
Baby #2 Due 3/7/20

Baby Boy Name Help 129 votes

William Clayton Marrino
36% 47 votes
William Christopher Marrino
59% 77 votes
Don't like either
3% 5 votes

Re: Baby Boy Name Help

• I love Christopher. 

• The endings of William and Clayton sound too similar for a FN/MN combo to me, so I voted for Christopher.
  • Loading the player...
  • The endings of William and Clayton sound too similar for a FN/MN combo to me, so I voted for Christopher.
    I think I agree with you, I love the idea behind it but something just doesn't flow.

Maybe if we have 2 boys we'll use it... James is on my short list and I love the sound of James Clayton.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • For me personally, it would be a bit much for both first and middle name to be after my parents, and zero connection to DH's family (especially if his family name was in the running but vetoed). And also I think Christopher does flow better.
  • For me personally, it would be a bit much for both first and middle name to be after my parents, and zero connection to DH's family (especially if his family name was in the running but vetoed). And also I think Christopher does flow better.
    I would 100% agree with you except that we aren't close with DH's family at all. The only person we would name the baby after would be DH. Ironically, he's the one who came with with William Clayton... I wanted to give the baby his own name and use William as a mn. 

I think we will go with Christopher though, so his son will have part of his name too :smile: 
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • I voted William Clayton, but I think William Clay flows better while still honoring the name.