Re: FFFC 2/26

• Loading the player...
  • Options

@ladysamlady and I just licked my computer screen

Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • Options
    yogahh said:
    I just took my bra off at my desk. I feel like this is my weekly FFFC anymore, and I really dont care. 
    Very tempted to do this now... I get so uncomfortable during the day, I just don't care anymore. Everyone else can deal.
  • Options
    dsmith211 said:
    yogahh said:
    I just took my bra off at my desk. I feel like this is my weekly FFFC anymore, and I really dont care. 
    Very tempted to do this now... I get so uncomfortable during the day, I just don't care anymore. Everyone else can deal.
    This is pretty much me any chance I get. At work or not

cancer gwyneth paltrow goop bras

(In copying and pasting this GIF, I almost accidentally pasted an email to a vendor instead.Yup, I need a nap)

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    dsmith211 said:
    yogahh said:
    I bought these sports bra type nursing bras at Motherhood- they are so comfy. I haven't been nursing for the last few months but I refuse to put on a regular bra!
  • Options
    I ate a large Chick-fil-a fry for my lunch. I don't really feel guilty. I'll eat something healthier in probably 45 minutes or so, but I wanted fries so there. 
  • Options
    I ate a large Chick-fil-a fry for my lunch. I don't really feel guilty. I'll eat something healthier in probably 45 minutes or so, but I wanted fries so there. 
    Did something similar yesterday... had to have McNuggets so I just walked over, got a ten piece, housed it, and went back to work. Then I ate a yogurt with fruit to (sort of) compensate.
  • Options
    I had 2oz of pinot noir with dinner on Wednesday night. MH made a delicious steak with a red wine reduction sauce so I couldn't help myself.
  • Options
    Loving the movement from Clara, but OMG if you could stop kicking me in the hips and ribs, which happens to hurt quite a bit when she does it hard enough... That would be great. The past few have been enough for me to audibly say 'ow' at work and I get looks like I've officially gone insane (Although it's quite possible I have...).
  • Options
    I am resigning myself to leaving so much more for my sub nurse/nurse leader to do while I am out on maternity leave. I could drive myself nuts trying to get it all done, but I am losing motivation by the second. As it stands, there is no way my kindergarten screening is getting done before April 15th and I haven't electronically entered the screening results from grades 1-3 yet. So I may be leaving my written logs for the sub nurse to input and letting my nurse leader screen the kindergarteners.

Also, shenanigans are being pulled regarding this super involved farm-to-school program and I am this close to just shutting it down for the year and saying that it is in direct violation of the district-wide Health and Wellness Policy (which I wrote) unless big changes are made and it is run the way I want it to be and have been saying it should be since September. Why do we need to feed all 300+ kids "butternut squash bread" which contains 39g carbs per 2in square serving and the recipe calls for 4 lbs of sugar and 5 lbs of flour (with only 2 cups of squash BTW) for 100 servings? Basically, we are feeding the kids cake and pretending we are exposing them to "farm-fresh produce". What would I suggest? Oh, well, thanks for asking because no one else has! I would suggest getting a bunch of squash, cutting them up, roasting them with a little olive oil or even a light sprinkling of brown sugar, and letting the kids actually TASTE the squash. Isn't that the whole point of the program? What good is it for kids to devour what is pretty much a muffin from Dunks and then pretend they like butternut squash when in actuality they have no idea what the veggie itself tastes like?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have the opposite bra problem. Pre-pregnancy, I had small boobs, and would relish taking my bra off (and the fact that I could occasionally go without one on public). Now that they're hugemongous (okay, not really, but huge compared to what I'm used to), I hate the feeling of them sagging/resting on my belly, so I keep a bra on pretty much all the time. Like, my boobs used to never touch/overlap on my chest, if that makes sense, and the feeling is just so weird
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Options
    I've been without a laptop/computer for 2 months now since my Mac was stolen. I told DH that I would just find a decent windows computer instead of getting another Apple laptop. Nope. I just ordered another Mac. Once you go Mac you never go back. 
    DS #1 2010
    DS #2 2011
    DS #3 2014
    DS #4 2016
  • Options
    I just had my 2 year old daughter transfer a full load of clothes from the washer to the dryer, then refill the washer with another full load, without help.  

To reward her (me), I think I'll let her watch an episode of Daniel Tiger.....
    I love this! DD loves to help with laundry and other chores so I gladly let her. I try to make it seem like I'm "letting her help" so she thinks she's getting away with something. 
  • Options
    I've been without a laptop/computer for 2 months now since my Mac was stolen. I told DH that I would just find a decent windows computer instead of getting another Apple laptop. Nope. I just ordered another Mac. Once you go Mac you never go back. 
    DH and I are complete Apple fanatics so I completely understand. I would have done the same. :wink: DH and I both have iPhones and have since pretty much the beginning, iPods, iPads, a Mac Mini, and an iMac. A lot of people don't understand why we get Apple stuff bc it's usually more expensive/works the same as a Windows machine... blah blah blah, but honestly we hate using anything else. We're both also web developers, who mostly use Windows products, so it's even more 'weird' I guess, but we have Windows on our Macs for when we have to work... 
  • Options
    bshurdy said:
    I have the opposite bra problem. Pre-pregnancy, I had small boobs, and would relish taking my bra off (and the fact that I could occasionally go without one on public). Now that they're hugemongous (okay, not really, but huge compared to what I'm used to), I hate the feeling of them sagging/resting on my belly, so I keep a bra on pretty much all the time. Like, my boobs used to never touch/overlap on my chest, if that makes sense, and the feeling is just so weird

This. I totally relate. Well, I never went without a bra (I was a B cup, so they weren't THAT small, but now they're a D and it's nuts).

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    bshurdy said:

This. I totally relate. Well, I never went without a bra (I was a B cup, so they weren't THAT small, but now they're a D and it's nuts).
    YES! I've always been a small A, and I clearly remember the day my under-boob started touching my upper abdomen if I leaned over (still doesn't do this when I'm upright), and I freaked out. But a lot of times my bra makes my skin feel all itchy and pinched, so I get the needing to take it off thing too! I probably need to go get a C bra, but am resisting because I hate spending money on bras. And also the idea that I could need a C is insane to me.
  • Options
    Pascal86 said:
    bshurdy said:

YES! I've always been a small A, and I clearly remember the day my under-boob started touching my upper abdomen if I leaned over (still doesn't do this when I'm upright), and I freaked out. But a lot of times my bra makes my skin feel all itchy and pinched, so I get the needing to take it off thing too! I probably need to go get a C bra, but am resisting because I hate spending money on bras. And also the idea that I could need a C is insane to me.
    I have refused to get new ones as well, but it's gotten to a point where I have to! I think I am going to (begrudgingly) get some this weekend. No clue what size I am. 
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Options
  • Options
    bshurdy said:
    This was me last pregnancy. I agree, it's a weird feeling to get used to. It got even worse in the late third trimester when both my boobs and belly were large enough that when I sat, they'd touch each other. (They already do that this time...)
  • Options
    kbrands7 said:
    bshurdy said:
    This was me last pregnancy. I agree, it's a weird feeling to get used to. It got even worse in the late third trimester when both my boobs and belly were large enough that when I sat, they'd touch each other. (They already do that this time...)
    I HATE that feeling. I was a 34D pre pregnancy and have only gone up to a 36 DD but the feeling of my boobs touching my rib cage makes me so crazy that sometimes I just hold them with my hands while I'm watching TV...
  • Options
    kbrands7 said:
    bshurdy said:
    I HATE that feeling. I was a 34D pre pregnancy and have only gone up to a 36 DD but the feeling of my boobs touching my rib cage makes me so crazy that sometimes I just hold them with my hands while I'm watching TV...
    Also, this bra has been a LIFESAVER for me: https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/wacoal-how-perfect-wire-free-contour-bra/3680558?origin=category&BaseUrl=Wireless

• Options
    yogahhyogahh member
    edited February 2016
    So not only am I braless, I am sitting at my desk in just a cami, sweating to death....

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    My morning snack, lunch, and afternoon snack has been a bag of cotton candy and a Coke. Not even a little bit ashamed. 
  • Options
    Pretty sure I'm doomed to be uncomfortable at work till I get off on maternity leave. Either I'll have lots of activity and have achy hips, pelvis, and a swollen abdomen that feels like ascites, or I'll have low activity waiting out the 12 hr shift on crappy chairs that aggravate my hemorrhoid. Tucks pads can't compensate for those painful chairs.
    Mind you, on low activity days I'm walking around 2 miles at night, high activity could be 5+ miles during the night. 
  • Options
    My husband and one of our running buddies left a while ago for a 14 mile run, asked me if I wanted to get lunch after. I decided to make myself a charcuterie board. After I eat all this cheese and sausage, I'll probably go get lunch with them.

I kind of miss joining them for the workout and kind of love it.
  • Options
    yogahh said:

I have renamed my belly bandit, the "belly bra" ... it supports my belly and it feels amazing to take off at the end of the day. I'm just worried DH will start talking about my belly bra in public, he thinks it's hilarious that I call it that.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

BFP 1: 9/15/2013 | DD 5/23/2014
    BFP 2: 9/15/2015 | EDD 5/26/2016

• Options
    I'm about to potentially end (I'm assuming it will end after what I'm going to say) a friendship with a neighbor that I actually like because of her 5 year old son. But first she's picking my son up from school. Just to clarify I feel the least bit guilty since 99% of the time I take her kid to school and she's only picked mine up a handful of times. 
    DS #1 2010
    DS #2 2011
    DS #3 2014
    DS #4 2016
  • Options
    Had an iced coffee this morning, and now I am having a diet pepsi. I know I am going over my limit of caffeine, but I am so damn tired today. TGIF
  • Options
    wsgjmw1 said:
    Had an iced coffee this morning, and now I am having a diet pepsi. I know I am going over my limit of caffeine, but I am so damn tired today. TGIF
    That's a normal day for me, don't feel bad.

Today I had two cups of regular coffee (which I justify because it's spiked with almond milk, which has 150% the calcium of normal milk. Baby needs calcium and I need coffee, win-win) and I'm currently going to town on an iced mint mocha. There is no other way I'm getting through this morass of a pro se brief from 2008 tonight.

Caffeine is the source of all my superpowers and I will never give it up.
  • Options
    Tonight's dinner: potato chips, a kit-kat, and three double stuf oreos.