November 2016 Moms

Symptoms

Re: Symptoms

• Rough commute to work this am!  Nausea set in heavy as soon as I got in the car. Luckily I made it through the morning without anything coming up. 
    Me: 32 DH: 37
    BFP: 2/25/16; DD: 11/6/16

Nov16 Siggy Challenge: 

• Sigh. Out come the panty liners. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Loading the player...
  • I literally fell asleep while eating my lunch. I went out (because I was too damn tired this morning to make anything) and I was reading while having some soup and I actually just conked out for a few seconds. 

So it begins...
    K.

Son, K, 9 | Daughter, C, 5 | Daughter, M, expected November 7, 2016
  • New one today! 
    Heartburn. 
    It wasn't bad at all, but it was there after lunch for sure. 
  • So much heartburn!  
  • I'm utterly exhausted, which isn't great because this is a really busy time at work. I quit drinking coffee, so I know that's contributing, but it's much more than just a lack of caffeine. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• I had an IVF cycle so I know exactly when it happened :-) About three days after it, I had weird dizzy spells all day. Then two days later, I got super-hungry and ate non-stop. Now, I am dealing with a cold, yuck, but I am not sure that is a pregnancy symptom. I do know that pregnancy lowers your immunity, so maybe.
  • Crap. I'm now nauseated when I'm hungry. I was really hoping to skip this crap this time. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Lots of fatigue, mild cramping, and some mood swings  :D
  • Intermittent cramps, some similar to my period cramps, some more "pinch"-like; some mild nausea a few times a day but no vomiting; sore breasts that have been getting less sore over the last couple days; and thirsty and hungry! 
  • So far the crazy achy boobs is what led me to test early, subsiding in intensity now but still tender. 

Cramps- not quite period cramps, and not real painful or constant. I do have a pretty constant pressure in my lower abdomen though. 

Mild nausea. No vomiting, but waves of queasiness a few times a day. 

Lots of gas (joy!) 

*eta- 2 more new ones- feeling a bit um, damper than usual down there- keep thinking my period's started. 

also, HOT flashes. Like, "I'm so hot I'm going to puke" all the sudden. 

Yes,yes, yes YES!
    I swear I was having symptoms just a few DPO - nausea, gas, mild cramping off and on, dizzy spells, the works. I honestly chalked it up to fighting something off as my fiancé was at the same time - but had completely different symptoms. Now it's all the more real and 'intensified' if you will. The gas and cramping are the most noticeable, I would add cravings in too but I've also quit smoking so I credit that trait to wanting to keep my hands and mouth busy.
    I honestly thought I was crazy when I started feeling symptoms - I thought no way, it's too soon! But maybe it's because this is my first go around? 
    Only 8 more months to go! 

• Super weird question: what do sore boobs feel like? I feel so stupid even asking! The only pregnancy symptom I had last time was the constant need to pee - so any symptom at all this time seems new! 

My boobs are kind of sore, but not the way I expected. I assumed my nipples would be more tender as far as soreness goes, but in finding that they are more a hey, kind of like the ache that comes with being engorged when breastfeeding (just no swelling). Does that seem crazy? 

Im kind of in shock that I am even pregnant and everything is already SO different than it was last time, I feel like I'm experiencing it all for the first time again.

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Super weird question: what do sore boobs feel like? I feel so stupid even asking! The only pregnancy symptom I had last time was the constant need to pee - so any symptom at all this time seems new! 

My boobs are kind of sore, but not the way I expected. I assumed my nipples would be more tender as far as soreness goes, but in finding that they are more a hey, kind of like the ache that comes with being engorged when breastfeeding (just no swelling). Does that seem crazy? 

Im kind of in shock that I am even pregnant and everything is already SO different than it was last time, I feel like I'm experiencing it all for the first time again.
    Mine feel sore on the sides, top and bottom. My nipples aren't tender. The soreness is like more intense pms boobs, more of like a quick sharpness when I push on them. They also feel like a heavy soreness when out of my bra at night. Also, have I just never noticed montgomery tubercles before? What the H. 
    Anyway, I don't know if that helped any, but from what I gather it is just so different for everyone, and so different pregnancy to pregnancy that its not surprising that you are feeling different from your last pregnancy! 
  • whaatwhaat member
    The sweaty/damp crotch is really grosing me out. I can deal with sore boobs but I hate feeling like I have to keep going to the bathroom just to deal with the situation.
    Also (sorry) but I feel like it smells different? Not good or bad, just like.. Somebody else's. Does anyone else know what I mean? This was one of the first things I noticed, way before the positive test.
  • @whaat Yes! Moist crotch is grossing me out too and I agree about the smell thing. Like you said, not good or bad, just different. 
    Also is anyone else's pee like either super bright or pretty dark? I am drinking all the water and I feel like my pee is still pretty weirdly yellow. 
  • @whaat Yes! Moist crotch is grossing me out too and I agree about the smell thing. Like you said, not good or bad, just different. 
    Also is anyone else's pee like either super bright or pretty dark? I am drinking all the water and I feel like my pee is still pretty weirdly yellow. 
    The color could be from your vitamin. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @evilgreencows5 I had heard that, but I've been on this vitamin for over a month and started noticing a more yellowish color last week. Although, I'm not super observant so maybe it was always there and now I'm just noticing things more and attributing everything to being KU. ;) 
  • I'm getting more yellow, too.  I figured it was just my water intake being low yesterday. 

Also the hot flashes, I'll get so hot at night when I used to have to sleep in sweats to stay warm.
    Me: 32 DH: 37
    BFP: 2/25/16; DD: 11/6/16

Nov16 Siggy Challenge: 

• I got some cramps today, which the internet tells me is nothing to worry about. It's still a scary feeling, though!
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• I still have occasional cramps and twinges. AF was due today but no sign of her, so that's helping me breathe a sigh of release as I wait for my third round of betas tomorrow. 

Also, TMI Warning - I'm pretty regular, going to the bathroom before and after work. This week, my morning "movement" has been better than normal, but the evening one has been non-existant!! It's a little disconcerting because this has been my routine for years
    Me: 31; DH: 31
    NTNP: May 2015
    TTC #1: late August 2015
    PCOS Dx: January 2016, starting Femara Feb 2016
    BFP: 2/29/16 - Happy Leap Day!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Dude, heartburn, I haven't missed you. I never had heartburn  before I was pregnant with my daughter, and never again after, until obviously now.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I was in the shower just now and my hands turned blue! Well, not literally. But they all of a sudden filled up with big blue veins all over! I freaked out, then looked on Dr. Google (which I am not supposed to do.) Turns out that sudden appearance of blue veins in your hands is a sign you 'may be' pregnant. So, good, okay, it's still there, which is always a reassuring things. But that was freaky.
  • ficbot said:
    I was in the shower just now and my hands turned blue! Well, not literally. But they all of a sudden filled up with big blue veins all over! I freaked out, then looked on Dr. Google (which I am not supposed to do.) Turns out that sudden appearance of blue veins in your hands is a sign you 'may be' pregnant. So, good, okay, it's still there, which is always a reassuring things. But that was freaky.
    You get them on your bewbs too, or at least I did!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ash9614 said:
    I still have occasional cramps and twinges. AF was due today but no sign of her, so that's helping me breathe a sigh of release as I wait for my third round of betas tomorrow. 

Also, TMI Warning - I'm pretty regular, going to the bathroom before and after work. This week, my morning "movement" has been better than normal, but the evening one has been non-existant!! It's a little disconcerting because this has been my routine for years
    It only gets worse. Preggoconstipation is legendary. I couldn't poop at ALL. 
    Great, now I'm thinking of postpartum poop. :( that was the worst! 

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• Great, now I'm thinking of postpartum poop. :( that was the worst! 
    I have mental trauma relating to those first postpartum poos. Yikes. 
    K.

• ficbot said:
    I was in the shower just now and my hands turned blue! Well, not literally. But they all of a sudden filled up with big blue veins all over! I freaked out, then looked on Dr. Google (which I am not supposed to do.) Turns out that sudden appearance of blue veins in your hands is a sign you 'may be' pregnant. So, good, okay, it's still there, which is always a reassuring things. But that was freaky.
    This happened to my forearms the other night...I wonder if its the same thing.  I took off my jacket and H asked why my veins were so blue. I looked at my arms and I had a lot of blue veins. It freaked me out a little.
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • whaatwhaat member
    I'm feeling very nauseous today. I felt like this a few days ago but then it completely went away. Luckily both times were on days where I'm alone in my office. I share it with someone who works part time from home, and I think all of my ginger and burping and deep breathing would make her suspect something if she were here today.
  • RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited March 2016
    The indigestion... Dear god, the indigestion... I think I got 3 hours of sleep last night because of heartburn and indigestion. That also triggered anxiety for me, so needless to say I slept like crap. I'll miss caffeine quite a lot today. My stomach still hurts this morning, but at least it's a little better.
  • whaatwhaat member
    @riversong15 I did not quit caffeine cold turkey. I really don't think it's necessary, but I have cut back a bit. It's much easier to do when you take it slow. To each their own, but I did not feel the need to add more fatigue and headaches to the equation! 
  • RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited March 2016
    @whaat, I started cutting back during the TWW. I know the recommendations are that a little caffeine is fine, but since I had a loss previously, I feel like I need to do *something* different this time around. Not logical, I know, but it makes me feel more hopeful. With how tired I am today though, I'm not sure even a single cup would help that much. Ugh. Thank goodness it's Friday!
  • @RiverSong15 I have the same line of thought with the caffeine. I was never a big coffee drinker, but cutting it all out completely. It might not be logical, but makes me feel better.

this heartburn can quit any time... And I am getting a little crampy in the evenings. Waiting for more symptoms to kick in over the next few weeks. I will gladly take some nausea if it means this baby is doing well.

Me: 32 DH: 31 Married since 2010
    MC January 2016
    BFP February 2016 Baby Girl born 11/2016
    BFP 8/16/2018 EDD 4/29/2019 MMC 10/3/2018
    BFP 12/16/2018 EDD 08/26/2019 MC/CP 12/20/2018
    BFP 03/28/2019 EDD 12/07/2019 Hoping for our rainbow

• whaatwhaat member
    @riversong15 I know. I can't wait to go home and sleep! I had some coffee but it made me feel sick so I switched to ginger ale.
  • I think my brain stopped working last week and hasn't started again. 

Baby brain isn't supposed to start until the second trimester, dammit!
    K.

• @KilgraveMadeMeDoIt i swear the pregnancy brain started way too early this time.  I'm a walking, talking idiot.
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Great, now I'm thinking of postpartum poop. :( that was the worst! 
    :/ FTM here. This scares me. I've heard stories..
    Me: 31; DH: 31
    NTNP: May 2015
    TTC #1: late August 2015
    PCOS Dx: January 2016, starting Femara Feb 2016
    BFP: 2/29/16 - Happy Leap Day!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ash9614 said:
    Great, now I'm thinking of postpartum poop. :( that was the worst! 
    :/ FTM here. This scares me. I've heard stories..
    Towards the end, talk to your care providers about the appropriateness of taking stool softeners. You will be glad you did. 
    K.

• With the exception of some mild cramps I have no other symptoms.  This is different for me than with our 1st.  With her I experienced lightheadedness very early on (even prior to getting a BFP) and cramping and sore/tingly breast but with this one I only have the cramps and for the most part they are sporadic.

If it wasn't for the fact that I've heard so many people tell me how different each of their pregnancies have been I'd be concerned but I know each baby brings different things. 

I'm sure I may be singing a different tune in a another week or so but for now I'll just sit back and enjoy the calm before the storm lol  

• My appetite is gone. Two weeks ago, I was eating everything which wasn't nailed down. Now, I am forcing myself to eat my tiny lunch because I know it's good for me.

I don't mind the symptoms, actually. We spent three years trying for this baby and went to some lengths to make this happen. I like having little reminders that it's still there :-)
  • ficbot said:

I don't mind the symptoms, actually. We spent three years trying for this baby and went to some lengths to make this happen. I like having little reminders that it's still there :-)
    I'm with you here! We tried for a while too and spent a lot of money to make this baby happen so I will gladly take ALL THE SYMPTOMS! 
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC