August 2016 Moms
Options

GTKY: Family size

What number baby is this? In a perfect world, how many kids do you want? Do you have a cutoff age or age you want to be done having kids? Do you and SO agree on your number? Go!

Re: GTKY: Family size

• Options
    Baby #3 . i have a four year old and 20 month old, both girls.
    We have always planned on having four kids. That is still the tentative plan pending I survive three. Everyone says that the transition from two to three is the worst.
     I wanted to be done at thirty. i turn 29 in july so that ain't happening. Now I'm thinking 32 or 33 as i want a bigger gap next time.
    I think my hubs would be fine with three or four. It's kinda up to me.
  • Options
    This is baby #2.  DH and I always wanted 3-4 kids, but both pregnancies have been so stressful that I think we're done. 

I would love to foster/adopt down the road, but DH wants to wait until our kids are a little older before we go there. I'm more okay with that now than I was a year ago because we took in a former student of mine who was homeless, and we're realizing how hard it is to parent without actually being the parents. Props to everyone who's done this for real. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is baby #3. I have a 3 year old boy (Oct 2012) and a 2 year old boy (Feb 2014). I've always wanted 4-5 kids. My husband always wanted 1. We came to a solid agreement of 3 for now, with 4 being dependent on the circumstances surrounding the birth of this one (if I have another preemie, we're done at 3, if I go full term, we'll have the 4th). I'd like to be done by 30, but I'm getting pretty close as I'll be 29 in November, so it's more likely we'll finish before DH is 30 (June 2018). 

Mom of 2 little gentlemen and one more on the way

image         image

• Options
    This is baby #1 for us. We would love to have two kids. I thought I wanted to be done before 30, but I'm not sure how soon I'll be wanting to try again. I'd ideally like at least 3 years in between. 
  • Options
    This is baby #2. We have a 3 year old daughter (jan2013). Before I had kids I always thought I'd have 3, but after having our DD I was totally fine with just 2. I am 34 and DH is 37 we needed infertility treatments to conceive our daughter and I figured I would have to do the same to have baby #2. For the past 8 months I have been working on my diet and getting acupuncture to regulate my hormones and periods and was able to get pregnant without any medical interventions. This is the last baby for us. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    This baby #3. We have a 4yr old and a 11month old. We have not yet decided if this is our last or possibly one more. I'm happy either way. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    This is baby four for me and three for DH.  I am done.  DH wants another.  I would love to have another, but I think it might be best to stop.
  • Options
    This is baby No. 1. DH wants four kids and I want two if this pregnancy goes OK. We decided we'll see how this pregnancy goes and then hopefully have a second then reasses after the second to see if we want any more. My family has a history of going into menopause around 35, so if I follow that trend then I believe I'll be naturally cut off at that point. I turn 27 in a week and want at least two years in between each kid. So we'll see what we have time for. Because I've been so stressed and anxious this pregnancy I know there's no way I could mentally handle fertility treatments. DH agrees so we'll also stop having kids if it comes to that.
  • Options
    Baby #1: this may be it. I think we'll just have to wait and see in a year or two if we want another. At this point I would be fine with one, DH says 2 but he would defer to my preferences. Honestly, I don't like being pregnant so the thought of doing this again isn't appealing at this point!
  • Options
    Baby #1. OH and I both want 2 for sure (even though I joke when I say we'll see how one goes). At most we would do 3 but if we get our boy and girl with kids 1 & 2 we'll stop. I want to be done by 30 and I'm 27 now. I'm thinking no matter what I'm going to be done at 2.

• Options
    This is #1 for me! We're thinking about having five kids. I want to be done by the time I'm 35 or so (23 now) and that time frame would give me about a year and a half to take care of the baby before getting pregnant again. We might end up having fewer, or more, it really depends on how we feel and how our finances are down the road.
  • Options
    This is baby #1 & #2 for us. Got the surprise of our life when we saw twins on the ultrasound. Ive always kind of thought I'd have 2, but thinking about it now I would probably consider 3. SO would love a larger family (he has 4 siblings), but financially I don't think we could afford that many. I'd like them close though with about 2 years apart. I will be 33 and SO 38 when these two are born. My cutoff age in my mind has always been about 35, so we will see what happens! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This is baby #2 for us, DD is 16 months(Oct2014). I have 3 siblings and love having them so I want 3 or 4 kids. DH is okay with 3. With me having c sections though I think we may be done with 2 or 3 because of the risks that come along with repeat sections. If this baby is a boy we will probably be done for sure. After I had DD for the first 7-8 months I said I was one and done!
  • Options
    I want two, but I can see trying for a 3rd if we have two boys or two girls. DH says "3 or 4", because he group up as one of four, but there is NO WAY I am having that many. This is #1 for us, so we'll see how this goes before trying for a 2nd, and then decide if we really want to be outnumbered :-)
    Me: 28
    DH: 31
    Married: May 2015
    1 Furbaby
    BFP 11/27/15
    EDD 8/4/16

• Options
    Well, I have a 6 year old DD and a 5 year old DS. I thought I was done but  life had other plans. Got divorced and my new fiance is 40 and has never had a child. So, we decided to have one together. Starting all over again and excited!
  • Options
    Baby #2 for us. We always planned on 4 kids but between fertility issues and other curve balls life has thrown us we're planning on this being our last with a slim possibility of a 3rd. 
  • Options
    This is baby #2.  I have one daughter who turns 3 in May.  Before we had kids, we wanted 3, but now I think we will probably stop at 2.  DH is very much set on 2.  If he were gung-ho for three kids, I'd probably agree to it.

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • Options
    This is baby # 2 for us. We have a 6 yo DD. We thought that we might stop after just 1. But we bought a house with four bedrooms and I had baby fever so we decided to try for another. This will will be our last. 
  • Options
    This is baby #2 for us. I think we are both on the fence about whether this will be it or not. I've kind of always been in the 3 kids camp, but a lot of that will depend on what this baby is like. DD is wonderful but has by no means been an easy baby or toddler, mainly because the child does not sleep. If this baby is even slightly easier than DD, I could see us going for another one in two years. I would like to be done with the child birthing phase by 34. I'm 31 now and will be 32 when he is born, so we shall see!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    This is baby #3 for me, but baby #5 for my BF and I.  We were  both married before and each came to this relationship with 2 girls each.  So, this is girl #5!  I will be 35 when she arrives and BF will be 37.  He jokes about more but I threaten to throat punch him.  This was not a planned baby but it was supposed to happen.  He is the love of my life and we are blessed to be able to officially join our families together.  Now, just need to get through the next 26 weeks!  LOL
  • Options
    This is #2 for us. I've always wanted two, so this is it. We both agree on that. I had wanted to be done before 35 but we've had a few setbacks and I will be 35 next month. Pretty close, though!
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Options
    #2 for us, I want at least 3.  I want to be done by 34/35 and am 31 now so a lot will depend on both DH's career, and the temperment of this baby. Ideally though, we will have the next around this one's 2nd bday, which would make me 33.  So I'd have to get back on the baby train pretty quickly if I got crazy and wanted a 4th!  
  • Options
    Baby #1 for me and we want 4+ kids.  We both agree and have always wanted a larger family.  We will have them back to back - God willing. 
  • Options
    baby #1! DH and I want 2, though I think if we don't have a boy and a girl, I might want to try one more time. Hopefully just 2, though. I'm 32 now; would like to squeeze baby #2 in before 35. I used to want a big family (4-6 kids), but DH and I met too late in life! He'd be fine with one, but we agreed on 2 before we got married. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    Baby #3 for us. Ds1(2yo) is biological Ds2 (7mo) we are in the process of adopting through foster care ever though we've had him since he was 2 days old. We will most likely adopt another through foster care and have four kids with foster kids rotating through when our kids get to about 13 or so. 
  • Options
    Baby #1 and they will be here just a few weeks before I turn 30. We always said 2-3 but now I am pretty sure we are firm in the 2 camp. Thinking 3-4 years in between!

Me - 33; DH - 33
    Dating 1/18/06
    Married 9/21/13
    BFP #1 12/15/15 - C Born 8/27/16
    BFP #2 1/10/20 - EDD 9/8/20

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    This is #2 for us and we are planning on 3. We went back and forth about this being our last but I know I'm not done having babies yet and since we found out we are having another boy it's solidified our decision to have one more. If I end up with 3 boys then I'll just know that's what is meant to be, a 4th is definitely not in the cards for us (although I love the idea of a big family when the kids are older). I'm also hoping to be done by 33/34 and I'll be 2 months shy of 30 when this one comes so we'll probably only wait a year before we start trying for our last.

• Options
    This is #2. We always agreed on 2. I have a feeling I will miss the babies and having little kids around though so we've talked about fostering or adopting if we decide on more later on down the road. I never had a chance to set a time frame for how old I would be when we had our last kid. I'll be 26 when this one is due. 
  • Options
    Baby #3.  After our struggles to have #2, we weren't sure if we would go on for one more but surprise, this one happened and its been a breeze. 

• Options
    We're a blended family, so this is #3 total, including my DD and his DS from previous relationships. We both want one more after this for a total of 4 (the older 2 are only with us 50% of the time). I'm 25 now and want to start trying for our last baby within a year or two after this one is born, so I'll be done by 28 or so, which has always been my hope/goal. We have big dreams of paying the house off early and retiring at a decently young age, and it'll be easier with kiddos being out of the house by our mid-late forties. :wink: 
    Me: 25  DH: 28

Hubby's little boy - my wonderful step-son - born 5/23/10
    BFP#1: 06/2010...my beautiful baby girl born 3/7/2011
    BFP #2: 10/24/15...mc on 10/31/15
    BFP #3: 11/27/15. EDD 8/6/16

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill
  • Options
    Baby #2. I think this is our last one. 

DH has always said he wants 2. In my imaginary world where every family is like Parenthood I'd want 4. But in the reality of actually raising kids 2 sounds much better. Also, DH is 40 so we'd want to be able to enjoy retirement and not still be putting kids through college. 
  • Options
    This is my 4th and dh's 4th. We both came into the marriage with 2 of our own and have had 1 together. We don't get to see his boys much as they don't live in the same state as us so we have 3 at home full time. I will be 35 when this baby is born and when I was younger, my expectation was to be done having kids before 30. I am totally ok with having a baby at 35!
  • Options
    This is baby #2.  We want 3, but the thought of paying $3k/mo in childcare expenses might change our minds.  I want to be done by the time I'm 35.
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

• Options
    This is #3 for us. We have 2 boys ages 6 and 11. DH only really ever wanted 1, but then I had #2. I wasn't ready to call it quits, and had always said, I would like to try for a 3rd if we didn't get a girl in the first 2 tries. Hubby was ready to be DONE! I'm 35 and this one wasn't planned, but we're happy about it, even if we are having a 3rd boy! I had mentally prepared myself for this though, so it really wasn't a let down like I was afraid it would be, when we found out it was another boy. Being of "advanced maternal age" we are definitely done after this one!
  • Options
    This is our first baby. We have talked and we agree that we both want four. Though I am well aware that number might change after we actually have a baby. No specific age we want to be done by, I'm 26 now, so we'll see what happens. 
    Me: 27 DH: 29
    Baby #1 - DD 8/29/16
    Baby #2 - EDD 4/6/18

• Options
    This is number 2. If a perfect world where pregnacy was easier and money wasn't an issue we would have 4. We are done after this one.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This is #1 and we'd like 2. I don't have a specific cut off age but I don't feel exceedingly young either. We got a later start so there's a high likelihood I'll be pregnant again at 35 or a bit later. 

BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    This will be #1 for us. We both come from families with two kids so I've never pictured having a big family. I've always thought two kids but DH has mentioned having three. At this point I know that I want our next child to be closer in age than me and my sister were, so maybe start trying again after our first little one is around two? We'll see! 
  • Options
    This is baby #3. Two boys ages 8 and 5. Depending on how this pregnancy goes we may have one more in a couple of years. After that, I'm done. 
  • Options
    This is baby #2 for us.  We have wanted three but I ended up with a c-section with #1.  If I can't vbac then we will be done.  I'll be 34 when this baby comes so if we end up with three it will have to be sooner rather than later.