August 2016 Moms

GTKY -What are you looking forward to about pregnancy?

What are you looking forward to this pregnancy? Is there something you think is particularly neat about pregnancy? Planning for baby? STM + - something you enjoyed last time, and are looking forward to again?

For me I am looking forward to trying to picture his face after next month's ultrasound! Right now I just can't envision what someone made from my husband and I will look like, and the hint we will get from that (and the suspense of waiting) is. so. cool.

Re: GTKY -What are you looking forward to about pregnancy?

• Being able to tell DH that I'm "too pregnant" to do something. He's a wonderful husband/father and does so much but even he keeps saying "oh when you're 8 months pregnant you'll need me to do more with DS because you won't be able to lift him."  Yup. He can take on as much as he wants!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm fascinated by all things pregnancy, pretty much. I'm also looking forward to ultrasounds and finding out what baby will look like. I'm particularly looking forward to DH being able to feel the baby kick. I feel greedy now that I can feel the baby sometimes and he just has my growing belly to see. lol. I'm looking forward to seeing how our dog reacts once my belly is huge and she can see movement. Right now, she's just more clingy to me, but no special attention to the belly or anything. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Being pregnant enough that I look undeniably pregnant to strangers. Right now I think my belly looks cute in fitted maternity shirts, but anyone who doesn't know that I'm pregnant probably just thinks to themselves "She really shouldn't be wearing that..."

Yes! This! DH had a date night and I wore a super cute maternity dress. I had a bump, but if I had seen someone wearing that dress looking the way I did and I didn't know she was pregnant, I would have thought, "she should probably invest in Spanx."
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I look forward to being able to feel kicks on the outside, so my DH and our other kids can see and feel their baby brother. I really enjoyed watching my belly move around when I was VERY pg with my first 2 boys.
  • After I had DD the things I missed the most was my cute belly (I had a cute round bump), wearing stretchy pants all the time (I'm already wearing all yoga pants), and feeling her kick even when she decided to kick my bladder or stretch up into my diaphragm. I had serious withdraws after I had her and am excited to be pregnant again. 
  • bananers said:
    That moment where you give that last push with all your might and the doctor places a screaming baby on your chest. 

Such an indescribable rush of exhaustion and overwhelming love. If I could bottle and sell that feeling I'd be rich. It's the ultimate high. 
    I wish I could experience this so much! Hearing the baby cry after the c section was a pretty good feeling, but they just rushed her over the be cleaned and weighed and such and I didn't even get to see her until about 10 minutes after he got her out. 

If you figure out how to sell it I'll be your first buyer!
  • I look forward to the kicks and seeing the belly become more of a bump. I do enjoy being pregnant :heart: 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I'm honestly terrified of the third trimester. I know that's rediculous but I'm scared of being that big and struggling to breath. But I figure it's just something I'm afraid of because I've never experienced it.

I'm most looking forward to everything. I've felt flutters but I want to feel the baby kick and really move. And I can't wait for my next ultrasound (the anatomy scan) because it'll actually look like a baby. Plus I haven't seen him/her since 8 weeks. And the thing I'm looking forward to most is meeting the baby and seeing what a mix of DH and I look like.
  • WinnieLou82WinnieLou82 member
    edited February 2016
    I'm a FTM and we've been married over 7 years so I'm looking forward to just experiencing the whole thing. I'll admit, I'm not loving it and we maybe OAD so I'm doing by best to enjoy and look forward to each milestone (and other fun stuff like the shower or decorating the nursery).
  • Feeling baby kick right now, that's my number one because that's probably the next thing that'll happen :smile: Then finding out gender and getting to start shopping and putting together the nursery. I've want to be a mom for years so I'm just looking forward to the whole experience of becoming one, so far it's had it's ups and downs but overall such an amazing feeling knowing that I can grow another human being.

• Looking forward to feeling the babies move! And I'm definitely not hating what these hormones are doing to my hair. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Call my crazy, but I love the raw human experience of child birth. I actually am excited to do it again. Med free too! 
  • I'm excited to feel him move and for DH and DD to get to feel him. I'm also looking forward to seeing DD's reaction to all of this. She somehow seems to understand that he is growing in my tummy, but it will be interesting to see her reaction when I start to get big. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I am looking forward to feeling the baby, I can't imagine what an amazing feeling that must be. I look forward to when H can feel the baby too, I think it will make it a lot more real to him.

I am looking forward to our next ultrasound (6 weeks still!) to see our baby look like a baby (only 7 week blob at the last one) and to learn the sex. Then we can pick out a name and design the nursery.

A part of me is looking forward to birth (and of course having my baby in my arms). I am taking a bradley class and my birth instructor so far seems pretty amazing. I look forward to learning from her and putting her techniques to use.

Me - 33; DH - 33
    Dating 1/18/06
    Married 9/21/13
    BFP #1 12/15/15 - C Born 8/27/16
    BFP #2 1/10/20 - EDD 9/8/20

BabyFruit Ticker

• Being able to use the pregnant card.

I was at a gaming convention watching a band play and there were plenty of chairs scattered about. I had the worst back pain so this was a relief. Shortly, a guy came by to pick the chairs up with still 30 minutes before show time... I was too polite to be like "I'm pregnant and my back is killing me. I will stack it for you in 20 minutes if you like." since I don't look it still. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm crazy - I love being pregnant in the summer so I don't have to suck in my gut when everyone is wearing less clothes!! Then I have all winter to get comfortable with my postpartum body again (under sweatshirts). 
    I also love feeling the baby move! This is my 3rd child and my 2nd I wasn't able to feel move much because of the placenta placement. 
    I'm also looking forward to the anatomy scan, and finding out if we're having a baby boy or girl, because DH and I usually go to the store right after the appointment and buy the first outfit.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I remember after having DD, really missing having her all to myself. I was the only one who got to have her and carry her around all the time, and I was the only one who got to feel her move from the inside. I think that's what I look forward to the most - when this baby is big enough that I can SEE him moving in there, and he's all mine for a little while. I will be cherishing it that much more this time around.
    Me: 25  DH: 28

Hubby's little boy - my wonderful step-son - born 5/23/10
    BFP#1: 06/2010...my beautiful baby girl born 3/7/2011
    BFP #2: 10/24/15...mc on 10/31/15
    BFP #3: 11/27/15. EDD 8/6/16

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill
  • I'm looking forward to when my bump evens out with my muffin top! Ha! I'm also looking forward to feeling the babies move and kick. FTM here, so just taking it all in as it comes!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mfuller76 said:
    I am looking forward to my cat's reaction the first time she's curled up next to my belly and the baby kicks her and it scared the bejesus out of her.

Ok, maybe that's not the thing I look forward to *most* but I'm feeling fat, I'm exhausted and trying to keep a sense of humor. Just thinking about her WTF reaction cracks me up!
    THIS. The cat was lying on my stomach the other night, and I turned to DH and said, "I can't wait to see the baby kick him." 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • I think I'm most excited to see DH's face the first time he feels a kick. I still have a video of my stomach "alien style" from when my DS was kicking hardcore during music. This LO will be DH's firstborn, so everything under 5yrs is a new experience for him.

As for my birthing plan this round I completely agree with you ladies! My DS came 2 wks early....and after 10 hrs ended up requiring a c-section due to being Sunny side up. I actually argued with the doc for about 20 min because I was stubbornly protesting the epi. First thing I remember was disbelief when he was born. "I went through all that and was so stressed....when they literally could have pulled him out 'effortlessly' within 5 minutes". Nothing is more important than the health of you and your LO. That and I will definitely be eating In-n-Out before I hit the hospital this time.
  • Feeling the baby move and having the baby safe and sound in my arms after the birth!

BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • FTM here and I think I am most excited for DH to feel baby move for the first time. I still don't think that it has totally hit him yet, but every once in a while I catch him being really excited. That and of course being handed my baby. I can't wait for that. This is DH's first too, so I'm excited to see him hold his baby for the first time and totally fall in love. 
  • 1. When DH can finally feel our Peanut kick

2. Walking into baby stores & actually buying things for the baby (just browsing right now, real shopping starts after anatomy scan)

3. Just the whole nesting process! Right now, our guest bedroom is a hot mess; just want to fast forward to the point where the room is almost baby ready!