May 2016 Moms
Options

Shower Thread

Re: Shower Thread

• Options
    vinerie said:
    Mine is March 26. I may be the only person who can say a guy is hosting it! One of my best friends is a guy (gay guy) so it will be at his house. Co-Ed shower, boozy-brunch type event.

Im most excited for off-the-registry gifts. I have some really stylish friends and they may just come with some mod-inspired baby clothes or decor. 
    Why am i picturing your shower at flywheel ;) 

cat fail animated GIF

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    yogahh said:
    vinerie said:
    Mine is March 26. I may be the only person who can say a guy is hosting it! One of my best friends is a guy (gay guy) so it will be at his house. Co-Ed shower, boozy-brunch type event.

Im most excited for off-the-registry gifts. I have some really stylish friends and they may just come with some mod-inspired baby clothes or decor. 
    Why am i picturing your shower at flywheel ;) 
    Flywheel first, shower and drinks after!
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    @seasalt123 Sorry hun, good luck with the hospital stay. 

@kp90 How was your shower at home?
  • Options
    I'm not having a shower as I've been pretty much living in the hospital since 20 weeks and will stay here until the baby is born. Heck I haven't even had my hair cut or highlighted since October or been outside since December so looking pretty isn't something I'm even capable of at the moment. However, this and the shower dress thread are my favorite threads on the Bump! I love looking at all the shower photos and the pretty dresses on the other shower thread. It's strangely enjoyable to live vicariously through you all. I think if I were having a shower it would be a boozy brunch one as well. 
    So sorry to hear about your long hospital stay :( Hopefully once baby is born, you will have your boozy brunch and can get all dolled up!!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    Thanks @charissadeats and @yogahh. In the meanwhile, keep the fun pictures coming :-) 
  • Options
    @babyfmama you look amazing!!! That dress is simply stunning. What wonderful photos. 
  • Options
    @babyfmama you look amazing!!! That dress is simply stunning. What wonderful photos. 
    That is so nice of you to say; you made my day!
  • Options
    babyfmama said:
    That is so nice of you to say; you made my day!
    Looks like a magazine shoot! 
  • Options
    @kp90 Wow! It looks like your mom did an amazing job on the shower, from what I can see. I love the cake!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    babyfmama said:
    We had our shower this weekend and it was so nice and overwhelming to get such an outpouring of support and generosity and love from family and friends. Though the crowd was mainly MIL's friends (she hosted), I had a great time and feel very blessed. I am waiting on most of the pics and will update when I get
    more but here are a few for now: 

Love love love that dress!!!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    kp90kp90 member
    @kp90 Wow! It looks like your mom did an amazing job on the shower, from what I can see. I love the cake!
    Thank you! @AdorkablePixie
  • Options
    It's weird to me that people complain about getting clothes. I mean, the baby *does* need clothes. I understand getting too much in one size, but you can always exchange it. I haven't bought too many clothes for him for that reason, and the ones I have bought are 6m+ sizes since I figured I'd get less of that. So far, I'm just exchanging a few things only due to weather inappropriateness (my kid doesn't need a jacket or long sleeves in the Texas summer heat, people!)

Of course, I'm having a boy, so I assume people tend to buy more, less practical, clothes for girls.

So my shower was yesterday. I was amazed by the turnout. At least 30 people there. It was friends and family. The superhero theme matches our nursery, and they let us take a few things to decorate! 

The ladies that hosted are on the whole pretty traditional, so it wasn't easy for them to embrace a theme like this, but they did amazing! (I didn't force them to do this theme, they just wanted to match the nursery).

At this point, there are only a few more things we need!

I was going to ask you how your shower went... I love the onesie clothesline!!!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    @lalala2004 My baby shower is going to be a superhero theme too, but Avengers! It's also being done to match our nursery. :)

• Options
    @cortney626 I love your dress, it looks great! You're daughter is adorable, and your shower looks fantastic. :) That cake... mmmm and cookies. Oh my! lol

• Options
  • Options
    @yogahh Yes!! I didn't want a shower at all, because I personally don't find them fun, and don't like being the center of attention. I also didn't think it was appropriate since this isn't my first child. (1st born is 11 though, so we have no baby items). But, MIL insisted, and invited a ton of her friends that I don't know, which makes me feel icky and greedy too. We've been fortunate to get hand me downs of lots of big items, but I am looking forward to the clothes and handmade things and off registry gifts, because those tend to be the most fun. I did intentionally put some ridiculous things on my registry just to be silly and see if anyone would by them ($60 bunting that makes your baby look like a football. Luchador socks. Wutang onesie)  trying to feel blessed and thankful for the shower, instead of uncomfortable and greedy. 
  • Options
    @cortney626 that cake looks divine, and your daughter is adorable - she'll be a great big sister! :smile: 
  • Options
    @Spylon THOSE CUPCAKES! Too adorable!
  • Options
    My mom is throwing me a shower on April 9, which is only about 4 weeks before my due date, and that makes me a little nervous! But, I already know that my MIL purchased our crib mattress, my mom got us a swing at Christmas, we bought our pack 'n play, crib, stroller, and car seat already... aaand I splurged and bought the Tula carrier I wanted :) Also, I had custom curtains made for her nursery & bought a handmade Beatrix Potter themed quilt and pillow!

At this point, I'd say I'm excited to see what kind of clothes people buy! I didn't register for any clothes, because I expect people will just pick what they think is cute. So, that'll be a fun surprise!

And, I'm excited for cake. I am excited for any event that involves cake. :grimace: 

DH is attending. We're holding it at my mom's house. It's Beatrix Potter themed, like the baby's nursery. I am just looking forward to seeing people mostly :)
    I'm curious about this themed nursery! I love Harry Potter!
    Beatrix Potter was a children's author...she wrote Peter Rabbit. Google her...sorry but you not knowing who she is made me giggle, especially as you thought it had something to do with Harry Potter.
    Ooooh boy do I feel stupid!  I blame pregnancy brain!
  • Options
    My shower was on Sunday, though I don't have any pics (yet..my mom was in charge of pictures, though she didn't get many of the decor and food!)
    It was really low-key, no games or activities, except a coloring table for the little kids. We all mingled, ate a meal, then did gifts and cake. I saw so many people I literally haven't seen in years!
    DH and I received some great registry items - pack n play, swing, activity mat - and some nice clothes and beautiful handmade gifts! One of my mom's friends made a gorgeous quilt, and another friend knitted a sweet sweater/hat/bootie set.
    Side note - I had registered for cloth diapers and supplies, and I think the guests got the hint because no one brought disposable diapers. Although if someone had, I'm sure we would have used them :wink:
    I had an 8 hour drive yesterday and everything is still sitting in my car - can't wait to unpack and show everything to DH! It was a really special day - now onto thank you cards! :smile:
  • Options
    My mom is throwing me a shower on April 9, which is only about 4 weeks before my due date, and that makes me a little nervous! But, I already know that my MIL purchased our crib mattress, my mom got us a swing at Christmas, we bought our pack 'n play, crib, stroller, and car seat already... aaand I splurged and bought the Tula carrier I wanted :) Also, I had custom curtains made for her nursery & bought a handmade Beatrix Potter themed quilt and pillow!

At this point, I'd say I'm excited to see what kind of clothes people buy! I didn't register for any clothes, because I expect people will just pick what they think is cute. So, that'll be a fun surprise!

And, I'm excited for cake. I am excited for any event that involves cake. :grimace: 

DH is attending. We're holding it at my mom's house. It's Beatrix Potter themed, like the baby's nursery. I am just looking forward to seeing people mostly :)
    I'm curious about this themed nursery! I love Harry Potter!
    Beatrix Potter was a children's author...she wrote Peter Rabbit. Google her...sorry but you not knowing who she is made me giggle, especially as you thought it had something to do with Harry Potter.
    Ooooh boy do I feel stupid!  I blame pregnancy brain!
    LOL My first thought was Harry Potter too!!!  It's because there's a character named Bellatrix and my brain wanted to arrive at a conclusion too quickly based on wrong bits of information :)
  • Options
    You Mama's look fabulous! I feel so frumpy! My friend is hosting a co-ed shower at our home April 9th. It will probably be small, around 10-15 people. I'll be happy to get some small stuff off the list, but just looking to have some fun. I've tackled a lot of the majority of items. I'm still unsure about buying a stroller and car seat right away - I'm getting a car seat combo from a friend, but the stroller only works with the carseat and the car seat is an infant carrier. I'm planning on using an Ergo carrier, so really leaning towards a nicer carseat. I know I'll need more than one anyhow. Decisions, decisions! 

• Options
    Just found out I have a work shower April 8th. The hosts just sent out the invite and apparently said lots of people are excited bc they already have a lot of responses. That or we just don't get that much excitement around here and they're just coming for the cake. :wink: