April 2016 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday 2/24

This is very necessary today!  

imageimage

Re: WTF Wednesday 2/24

• Options
    WTF full moon.  Why must you come each month? Why must you affect my children and my students the way you do?  Why are you so evil?! I hate you.  Go away and never come back.  K, thanks!

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    WTF dog, why must you be so loud as soon as you see movement in the morning. You don't NEED to go out immediately!
  • Options
    WTF coworker, you're still considered a temp so you get zero pto, coming to work on time does not equal I've worked enough extra to take off two days for a class and a half day Friday for volunteer work all of which is not work related. On top of going to a kind of work related class two days a week. Then to act like you do so much more than me. Please, I can already see her having a breakdown when I'm out because she'll actually have to be in the lab all week. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Wtf. It's michigan, in feb. Good chance to see snow. We are supposed to get this huge snow storm. Alot of school districts already called school off for today. There is no snow yet, that was supposed to start this morning. Now it's saying 8-12in starting this afternoon. People are throwing a fit that our school district wasn't cancelled.
  • Options
    Wtf body why do I feel so hungry all of a sudden? Also I feel like a heater. My body is radiating so much heat I can feel like my boobs are heat up.

Wtf DH why do I have to go to the couch to let you sleep? Why don't you stop cramming up the bed and complaining when I tug the blankets and push you away from the middle of the bed and saying that I wake you up. You say your sleep is precious right now....uh yeah so is mine but I still don't sleep half as much. Better start getting use to it buddy! And maybe offer to take the couch one night? That would be nice:)
  • Options
    WTF appetite?!? I was in satiable yesterday and today is starting the same. I mean, who has breakfast and second breakfast and is hungry an hour later?  
    Me every day haha
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited February 2016
    WTF self...DH...work...ugh. So I originally planned to not work past spring break (which means 2.5 weeks left...!). In the past couple weeks, DH has been saying he wants me to keep working until either my EDD or I deliver, whichever comes first. I was resistant, but started looking at the actual details and it didn't seem to terrible, so I suggested we consider me working until the end of March instead (which would be only 8 more days of work). I asked this morning how that would work, since I originally told them spring break, and they said just to decide soon and let them know. Not 5 minutes later my admin comes to talk to me and tells me the guy they have coming in as a temporary hire has already told his current position he's leaving and I don't have the option to come back after spring break anymore since its already been turned over to him with the dates I originally gave them. So WTF to DH not saying something to me earlier (because I felt like this scenario was likely...) WTF to not including me in who would be the temp as I was told I was going to be, WTF to myself for not mentioning this as a possible scenario to my admin earlier, and now WTF that DH is mad at me :s

Maybe LO will come by then anyway and it won't matter that I couldn't go back for a bit longer and we'll be glad that the solution was already in place...*sigh*
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    WTF body...I can barely walk because of so much pain in my right hip. Sitting hurts. Standing hurts. Laying down hurts (and I can't do that anyway because we have some nasty-ass floors at work, since our mechanics and foremen track shop dirt/grease everywhere). WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?
  • Options
    My WTF goes out to this LO.  Usually she goes nonstop for an hour on my way into work and again around 9.  Today nothing.  I tried telling myself that she was sleeping, and I was distracted with driving carefully into work (I left my wallet in my desk) and it's very busy so I am not sitting as much as I usually do.  
    To add to my anxiety I've been having a lot of back pain and some period like cramps.  And I am worried she might try to come when DH is gone the next two weeks...not likely but still in the back of my mind.
    So call the dr and they want me to lie down for an hour.  I don't get the 10 kicks in an hour.  I call the dr again and they tell me to come in.  Of course the minute I hang up the phone I start feeling light movement.  I waited a few more minutes and movements are getting stronger.  After about 10 mins they are her norm and she's more than made up for her lack of activity this am.  
    I am still going in over lunch to get checked out but seriously kid, what did I do to deserve the freak out?
  • Options
    WTF baby, head butting my sciatic nerve and making my leg give out a random times so I look like I'm doing the skanky leg dance. And while we're at it, can you get your feet out of my diaphragm/ribs too please?
  • Options
    WTF right eye that won't stop leaking. Yes, I am THAT level of tired today, but I really don't need to spend all day looking like I'm crying out of one side of my face.
  • Options
    @Ready4theParty DD2 does this to me so often now that it's become normal. I almost called my OB today because my usual eat/drink/poke belly didn't get her moving right away. Now she's all up in my ribs and hiccuping. Definitely getting me back for disturbing her nap earlier

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Another one...WTF work. Our main office in MD is practically invading our small little NC office. We just had our lead guy in this office (VP/part owner of the company) move up to MD, so he comes down on Fridays now. Our safety manager was here Monday/Tuesday. And the President/Owner is here Tuesday/Wednesday. So I get to endure even more "How are you feeling? When's the baby due?" questions. And they all drive like dicks, so it's fun coming and going from the office...just go back home, please. Oh, and everyone who is here today will probably be stuck here overnight, thanks to crazy winds/thunderstorms/tornadoes. Yayyyy
  • Options
    WTF, phone. I'm trying to scroll through posts and it keeps phantom freezing on buttons I don't want to push and not letting me actually quote or reply to people.  Sorry if you get any weird things from me today peeps!
  • Options
    I have another one...WTF to the company that fulfills our breast pump orders through insurance. I called last week, said I wanted the Hygeia one that is one of the 4 options (not the Medela), then faxed in my prescription right after that. Just called to get a status update and they ordered me the Medela. And are claiming they left a voicemail for me about it, when they definitely did not. Seriously?? This is not difficult...
  • Options
    WTF appetite?!? I was in satiable yesterday and today is starting the same. I mean, who has breakfast and second breakfast and is hungry an hour later?  
    Me every day haha

I was going to say hobbits fo sho!
  • Options
    ashdawn24 said:
    WTF baby, head butting my sciatic nerve and making my leg give out a random times so I look like I'm doing the skanky leg dance. And while we're at it, can you get your feet out of my diaphragm/ribs too please?
    So much this. I fell (luckily into a chair) yesterday when I "lost" the leg I had been leaning on. 
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    @Ready4theParty DD2 does this to me so often now that it's become normal. I almost called my OB today because my usual eat/drink/poke belly didn't get her moving right away. Now she's all up in my ribs and hiccuping. Definitely getting me back for disturbing her nap earlier
    At my lunch check up she was super active so they looked at me like I was crazy.

I am going with the fact that DH woke me up for sexy time last night and then I had a hard time falling asleep mixes in with my trying to cut back on caffeine.  I've been two days soda free so I woder if she isn't feel both of those as well.

Glad to know I am not alone.  Always scary when you don't get the normal response.
  • Options
    Goldsgirl9Goldsgirl9 member
    edited February 2016
    Me every day haha

I skipped elevensies yesterday and moved on to a third breakfast. 

Stupid gif fail! Argghhgggh!

• Options
    Me every day haha

I would give my left arm for a waffle covered in peanut butter and syrup right now. Oh my. 
  • Options
    Me every day haha

I would give my left arm for a waffle covered in peanut butter and syrup right now. Oh my. 
    I was just thinking beignets would be perfect >.> I'd settle for a honeybun though...
  • Options
    WTF doctor. I saw the last doctor in my rotation today, and no one told me that this one ALWAYS runs about an hour behind. I really don't understand how since she was literally in the room with me for about 2 minutes. I missed almost 3 hours of work, and my temporary replacement had to leave less than 10 minutes after I got back so I didn't get to train her on anything today. My appointment also ran into (and well past) my usual lunch time so I was starving when I got out and now feel like crap from waiting so long to eat. I understand that stuff comes up, but how is it even possible that a doctor always runs that far behind??? So glad she's not my usual OB!
  • Options
    WTF Bump? I'm only 34 weeks and you put an I've given birth button?! 

Not saying LO is evil and I know she'll come when she's ready. But don't be making me even more nervous with seeing that every time I log on.
  • Options
    WTF college advisors whose job apparently is to be rude and make it as difficult as possible to get a degree.
  • Options
    WTF Bump? I'm only 34 weeks and you put an I've given birth button?! 

Not saying LO is evil and I know she'll come when she's ready. But don't be making me even more nervous with seeing that every time I log on.
    Why am I not seeing this? I went looking, but I don't see it? Not that I want it yet...!
  • Options
    @imrachellea are you on mobile? This is my home screen:

• Options
    @Knottie9983816 what is a beignet anyway? I'm sure it's something delicious I'm missing out on, I just remember a friend of mine going to New Orleans and posting about them but I still don't know what they actually are?
  • Options
    cmjenkies said:
    @Knottie9983816 what is a beignet anyway? I'm sure it's something delicious I'm missing out on, I just remember a friend of mine going to New Orleans and posting about them but I still don't know what they actually are?
    Like a cross between a donut and a croissant. But lighter. And covered in powdered sugar. Unlike the things from Dunkin donuts, which are also amazing, but in more of a "omg I have an addiction to fatty donut type foods" kind of way...

We got beignets every morning while we were in NOLA last year, and brought home a few boxes of Cage Du Monde's packaged mix to make at home. They were never as good homemade, I'm afraid... Of course I also don't use vegetable oil, and that probably has something to do with it.
  • Options
    cmjenkies said:
    Like a cross between a donut and a croissant. But lighter. And covered in powdered sugar. Unlike the things from Dunkin donuts, which are also amazing, but in more of a "omg I have an addiction to fatty donut type foods" kind of way...

We got beignets every morning while we were in NOLA last year, and brought home a few boxes of Cage Du Monde's packaged mix to make at home. They were never as good homemade, I'm afraid... Of course I also don't use vegetable oil, and that probably has something to do with it.
    Ah I see. We don't actually have any Dunkin Donuts in this area, but I know what you mean, lol. 
  • Options
    I want to WTF post so bad right now, but there's this FERPA thing I have to listen too.  :s
  • Options
    WTF self...DH...work...ugh. So I originally planned to not work past spring break (which means 2.5 weeks left...!). In the past couple weeks, DH has been saying he wants me to keep working until either my EDD or I deliver, whichever comes first. I was resistant, but started looking at the actual details and it didn't seem to terrible, so I suggested we consider me working until the end of March instead (which would be only 8 more days of work). I asked this morning how that would work, since I originally told them spring break, and they said just to decide soon and let them know. Not 5 minutes later my admin comes to talk to me and tells me the guy they have coming in as a temporary hire has already told his current position he's leaving and I don't have the option to come back after spring break anymore since its already been turned over to him with the dates I originally gave them. So WTF to DH not saying something to me earlier (because I felt like this scenario was likely...) WTF to not including me in who would be the temp as I was told I was going to be, WTF to myself for not mentioning this as a possible scenario to my admin earlier, and now WTF that DH is mad at me :s

Maybe LO will come by then anyway and it won't matter that I couldn't go back for a bit longer and we'll be glad that the solution was already in place...*sigh*
    So annoying! It's so hard to figure out exactly which day to go out. I wanted to work until I gave birth basically, but my work insisted they needed a date to give my sub, so I just told them my last day would be my due date. I hope my baby isn't too late because I don't want to waste my six weeks sitting around my parents' house waiting for this baby to show!

Hopefully your DH will realize pretty soon that it's out of your hands and apologize for giving you a hard time!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    WTF goes out to the stabbing pains. They're either in my ovaries or transition to my kidneys.

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    WTF shoulder? I do NOT have time for this pain/discomfort, my pelvis is enough to deal with as it is. I know it's from prolonged sleeping with my arm in a bad position, but I can't sleep any other way. It's misery. Stahhhhp it!
  • Options
    Caught a virus from DH. feeling like death itself. Not to mention I can't be bothered taking the 8 pills I take every day to manage health conditions :( I just want to crawl into a hole and cry myself to sleep forever. I want my life back :(
  • Options
    @pinottoparenthood @Ready4theParty Thanks...I'm honestly not TOO broken up about it, I was really hoping for a break before baby comes anyway. But DH had pointed out some valid points about me working a bit more, and the unit we would be moving into after spring break is the EASIEST unit (human body systems) so it wouldn't have been too terrible. The only concern now is DH hates that in order to keep her spot at daycare, we have to keep paying even if I'm home, not working, and no baby. He asked if I was going to keep putting her in daycare until the baby comes. I said I plan to take her in some days but keep her home with me too. I really REALLY need some time to rest up, and I can't do that with her. But at the same time I just want to be with her...so I'll have to compromise and take her a few days a week to rest, or take her a few mornings and get her before they have nap. Its hard to get stuff done with her running around. If we didn't need her to be in daycare some once the baby comes home, we'd just keep her home until next school year, but I think that would just be way too much on me right now...logistics...

@juliennenicole Apparently the Android app doesn't have that yet...I checked mine, and I guess Android users aren't allowed to give yet, since it doesn't seem to be an option on the home screen for me? ;)