May 2016 Moms
Options

Twenty seven weeks and nervous

Even though I'm twenty seven weeks as time grows closer I'm starting to get nervous because I will have no one in the delivery room with me. I have always had support in the delivery room but I'm not sure about this time. My mom will be coming from Mississippi to watch my other two kids while I'm in the hospital. It's getting to nerve wrecking just thinking about it.   :(

Re: Twenty seven weeks and nervous

• Options
    I'm 27 weeks as well. Don't you have a DH or a friend that could be there with you?

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    I'm sorry that it's not certain whether or not you'll have delivery room support this time. Is there a different family member available to come be with you-- or to be with your children so that your mom can be with you? Or a trusted friend?

Hugs to you. I hope you end up with a situation that you feel comfortable with, but if not, have confidence in the fact that you've done this. Birth can be difficult and scary, but you've done it before, you can do it again!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry you are feeling nervous about your delivery. Maybe you could look into using a doula? I don't know much about doulas, but have heard they can be a very good source of support during labor.
    And I agree with @kbrands7, if someone else could watch your children perhaps your mother could be in the delivery room with you.
    Hope it works out mama.
  • Options
    I remember someone else in this position was able to search for a doula in training  who was trying to get certified. The doula in training helped give the Mom support before, during, and after birth FOR FREE since it helped her to get experience/certified. If you don't have a close friend or relative, I would try the doula route. 
    My husband is military and wasn't going to be home for our 1st baby's birth, so I asked my SIL to help. I feel it is necessary to have someone else with you - for support during labor, but also afterwards! It stinks having to wait for a nurse to help with every little thing. 
    Of course, if you end up on your own, I am sure you would get through it just fine. I hope things work out well for you!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for your comments, I have some members of my church I could possibly ask and I will also look into a doula.