Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

How is everyone doing? Check-in

2»

Re: How is everyone doing? Check-in

• This is my first post in the M/PL board and it feels so weird. Thank you for all the sharing and support here, it is great to read.

I found out on Monday that my baby had no heartbeat, at my first ultrasound.  There was no sign anything was wrong, it just stopped growing.  I was about 10 weeks, so they let me get the medicine to induce it at home instead of a D&C, since I didn't want to wait for it to happen naturally.  I just took the pills about an hour ago and I'm laying in bed with lots of tissues, watching sappy movies, and reading through this board.

I feel like sometimes I'm fine and then suddenly I'm not.  I hope I will feel better after today, when I'm not waiting for it to happen.  I have my follow up appointment on the 16th and I hope then I can really start moving forward.
  • @mandi135 I am so sorry for your loss. Waiting is rough - never knowing when it will start, and not knowing what is coming - it's scary and sad and frustrating. I hope everything is over soon for you. Hugs! Please ask us questions or reach out if you need any support.
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Loading the player...
  • Hi everyone. Im suppose to be 8 weeks this week and i started spotting last week : ( this is my first miscarriage after 2 successful pregnancies. Ive been feeling so lost amd scared to naturally misccary. The hospital hasnt been in contact yet which is really annoying me. Today ive had larger clots and a heavy flow but not enough to head onto emergency. Just wondering how long this is going to last its been 4 days so far and today is the worst. 
    And am i waiting for a sac to pass or can the sac break apart slightly and pass smaller etc sorry if tmi im just so confused.
  • Hi everyone. Im suppose to be 8 weeks this week and i started spotting last week : ( this is my first miscarriage after 2 successful pregnancies. Ive been feeling so lost amd scared to naturally misccary. The hospital hasnt been in contact yet which is really annoying me. Today ive had larger clots and a heavy flow but not enough to head onto emergency. Just wondering how long this is going to last its been 4 days so far and today is the worst. 
    And am i waiting for a sac to pass or can the sac break apart slightly and pass smaller etc sorry if tmi im just so confused.
    I passed the sac whole a week after my spotting began. I knew it was happening because I had cramps that were basically contractions. After the sac passed I had relief.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @niknik2702 I'm so sorry. If you are passing clots, you are actively miscarrying and hopefully this will be over soon. From what I have seen on this board, and my own experience with miscarrying naturally, the sac will be whole, but it may have shrunk a little bit of the baby passed a while ago. Sometimes the placenta is also attached. For me, the sac was harder than other clots, and it had a lighter color on the outside (though clots were also around much of it). Passing the sac was not painful at all for me - the cramping was much worse earlier in the process. 

You are 4 days in already - this will hopefully be over soon. It was 6 days total for me. You won't need to go into the ER unless you are going through a pad every half hour or more, or if you start feeling dizzy or lightheaded. I hope this is over for you soon!
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Short LP (8 days).

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

• Hi Everyone. I've been following this board since Feb 25 when I had my confirmed blighted ovum at 8 weeks. I have found so much comfort in seeing all of these posts and knowing that I am not alone. This is my first pregnancy and I'm dealing with it much harder than I expected. I had my D&C last Monday (2/29) because my body had basically fooled me into thinking I was pregnant this whole time and there were no signs that I was going to have a natural MC. I just wanted to get it over with. The physical recovery hasn't been bad at all, but emotionally I have been a mess. I took a week off of work and was able to work from home last Thurs and Friday, but I am going back tomorrow and I am terrified that I will break down. I've cried every day since last Wednesday and I am so scared to be in an office. My coworkers don't know and all think I was out sick with the worst case of the flu ever. 

How did you all handle going back to work? Did you tell your coworkers? How long did it take to get non emotional about the whole thing (or are you still emotional?) None of my friends have gone through this and I just feel so alone without anyone to talk to or anyone to share experiences with. Any advise or insight into your own experience would be awesome. 

Thank you!!
    Me: 31  DH: 31
    Married: 11.2.14
    TTC: October 2015
    BFP: 1.24.16
    Confirmed MC: 2.25.16 at 8 weeks. Blighted Ovum.
    Baby Due: 4.24.17
    Confirmed M/C 10.27.16 at 14 weeks; D&C 10/28/16

• rkroupa said:
    Hi Everyone. I've been following this board since Feb 25 when I had my confirmed blighted ovum at 8 weeks. I have found so much comfort in seeing all of these posts and knowing that I am not alone. This is my first pregnancy and I'm dealing with it much harder than I expected. I had my D&C last Monday (2/29) because my body had basically fooled me into thinking I was pregnant this whole time and there were no signs that I was going to have a natural MC. I just wanted to get it over with. The physical recovery hasn't been bad at all, but emotionally I have been a mess. I took a week off of work and was able to work from home last Thurs and Friday, but I am going back tomorrow and I am terrified that I will break down. I've cried every day since last Wednesday and I am so scared to be in an office. My coworkers don't know and all think I was out sick with the worst case of the flu ever. 

How did you all handle going back to work? Did you tell your coworkers? How long did it take to get non emotional about the whole thing (or are you still emotional?) None of my friends have gone through this and I just feel so alone without anyone to talk to or anyone to share experiences with. Any advise or insight into your own experience would be awesome. 

Thank you!!
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I told a couple of coworkers only, and going back was hard. I felt like I was keeping a huge, sad secret. But it helped me make it through the day. I don't know if I would have been able to talk about the loss every day. I am still emotional 7 weeks after my second loss, especially when I tell someone new about the loss. For me, focusing on work was a welcome distraction.

Good luck tomorrow! The first day back is so hard.
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Short LP (8 days).

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

• Tomorrow is my first day back to work since my D & C on Friday (technically I've been off since Tuesday when I found about my missed miscarriage). Only 3 of my co-workers know and my boss....and one of my co workers who knew is pregnant also. I'm just really nervous and hope I can keep it together. Thankfully I am not in much pain anymore and bleeding has diminished a lot. Since I work at a hospital and have all my care through the health system, I'm very tempted to read my own chart but don't know if this would be a good idea or not. 

Wish me luck and hope I can be strong and can go back to some kind of normalcy as much as I can through my daily routine. 
  • @rkroupa I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy. For me, work was a much appreciated distraction. It helped to focus on something else and get a bit of normal back. 

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • rkrouparkroupa member
    edited March 2016
    @AL_TwinCities @Tennis11785Thank you for the advice!! I am sorry for your losses, as well. I actually am going to work from home today and tomorrow and go into the office on Wednesday. I think I'm going to just try to stick with it being a personal medical issue and see how that goes. I just keep taking it day by day and that seems to be the best thing for me.
    Me: 31  DH: 31
    Married: 11.2.14
    TTC: October 2015
    BFP: 1.24.16
    Confirmed MC: 2.25.16 at 8 weeks. Blighted Ovum.
    Baby Due: 4.24.17
    Confirmed M/C 10.27.16 at 14 weeks; D&C 10/28/16