November 2015 Moms

What's up with teething???? 8-0

So LO is 14 weeks and she's teething? ???? Is she serious right now? Crying all the time, drooling all over, congested, etc. Baby you're only 1 weeks. Tell those horrible little spikey things to give you a few more months!!! Geeze.

Any of our other N15 babies teething?? How did you know?? 

Re: What's up with teething???? 8-0

• We've got the same symptoms here at the same age. No bumps yet though. I keep checking. It's making mommy tired already!! Good luck!
  • My LO started around 12 weeks. I couldn't believe it. Daycare actually told us. I hadn't been checking his mouth because, you know, he's only 12 weeks. Sure enough, he has two little white bumps on the bottom trying to make their way through. I know it can be months before they actually do though. 
  • Loading the player...
  • DS is 12wks and already has two teeth budding
  • Which teeth pop out first? Top or bottom?
  • rachswi said:
    Which teeth pop out first? Top or bottom?
    Usually it's the front two on the bottom that are first. 
  • Just as an interesting FYI for the future, adult teeth can grow in behind the baby teeth so your child will have two sets of teeth at the same time.  It's called shark teeth.  DD1 had it. 
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• Just as an interesting FYI for the future, adult teeth can grow in behind the baby teeth so your child will have two sets of teeth at the same time.  It's called shark teeth.  DD1 had it. 
    I had those too! Had to get the babies removed when I was little. 
  • Yeah, it's rough. Poor baby. I feel so bad for her!! And I never knew they could teeth so early!!! 
    DH had that.  He had them removed, but he said he didn't want them removed bc he could shred food like a wood chipper.
  • Squirtgun said:
    rachswi said:
    Lol oh. He's got little white bumps there. That's probably adding to his grumpiness 
  • Could someone post a pic of what these teeth "bumps" look like? I have a feeling this is what my daughters going through too but I'm not sure what I'm looking for when it comes to that. 
  • Could someone post a pic of what these teeth "bumps" look like? I have a feeling this is what my daughters going through too but I'm not sure what I'm looking for when it comes to that. 
    They're just little white bumps where your child's two front teeth are coming in.  Google should have pictures readily available.

If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• Our LO has the same symptoms. She chews on her paci, sometimes pushes it back so far that she gags herself. She drools everywhere. Puts everything in her mouth. I read they can have these symptoms long before they actually get teeth. She's 12 weeks as well
  • Squirtgun said:
    rachswi said:
    DS is getting his canine in on the left side
  • Our little guy has been soaking his bibs & chewing his hands! He started this at 2 months...so crazy! Big sister on the other hand, didn't get her first tooth until after her first birthday. Time will tell! We've been letting him chew on a wet wash cloth & teething rings in the fridge/freeze...good luck mamas! It can be just as draining on us!  :#
  • I haven't checked DD's gums but she definitely has signs. Drooling a ton, chewing everything, etc. I'm going to check her mouth out in the morning!
  • DS is probably the exception but he never had any of the teething symptoms.  Shortly after he turned 4 months old we noticed he had two teeth.  We had no idea they were coming in. All his other teeth came in just as easily.  He had 4 teeth come in one week and was just a little cranky about it.
    Just wanted to share a positive teething story, it is not always horrible :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lolo427Lolo427 member
    edited February 2016
    I thought drooling more and chewing things/ hands was just developmental? DD does this and I haven't felt or seen bumps. And if it is developmental, short from them being seen/felt What are the other symptoms? Dr Google just says drooly, chewy, and fussy. If that's the case my daughter has been perpetually teething since birth.  :/

Edit homonyms....
  • Lolo427 said:
    I thought drooling more and chewing things/ hands was just developmental? DD does this and I haven't felt or seen bumps. And if it is developmental, short from them being seen/felt What are the other symptoms? Dr Google just says drooly, chewy, and fussy. If that's the case my daughter has been perpetually teething since birth.  :/

Edit homonyms....
    Teething can also cause runny nose and low grade fever (under 100.4).  My Ped said teething symptoms can show up on and off months before teeth break through. She called it pre-teething.  That said, Cecily recently discovered her hands and spends lots of time happily chewing/sucking on her hands.  
  • Ceridwen77Ceridwen77 member
    edited February 2016
    Houston, we have tooth bumps! I'm hoping this is the explanation for her mild fussiness lately!
  • Lolo427 said:

Edit homonyms....
    At my sons 2 month appointment his pediatrician made the point that the drooling and chewing thing is totally normal development and often completely unrelated to teething. Babies learn and explore with their mouths, hence everything being chewed on. Until I see signs of teeth on his gums I will just assume he's not teething. 
  • LO started at about 9 weeks. I thought it was a joke! Her gums are white and look like she's going to cut a tooth soon. She'll be 3 m on tue. I've read that babies can start as early as 2 months but won't cut their first tooth until much later.
  • LO is a little over 3 months and already had a molar break through! Not really sure why bc those are supposed to come later. No signs of any front teeth moving in.