2nd Trimester

Are you getting the tdap shot in third tri? *when will you get the tdap shot (what week)?* Thanks!

124»

Re: Are you getting the tdap shot in third tri? *when will you get the tdap shot (what week)?* Thanks!

• Stms - my husband and immediate family got the tdap shot two years ago when I was pregnant with my son.  Are any of you having them get it again?  I, of course, already got my tdap shot this time around.  
    They don't need to get it again if it was two years ago that they got it. It should last for about 7 years. 

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Whoo, this was a crazy read. For the TDaP, your antibodies are highest about two weeks after you get the vaccine, which is why OBs recommend that you get it in the third trimester. I'm getting mine after 30 weeks since I'm a FTM and might go a bit late. 

You do pass some antibodies to your baby through the placenta and also through breastmilk. 

Baby can get a baby version of the TDaP called DTaP beginning at 2 months old, but not earlier. 
  • Loading the player...
  • no one told me about this Tdap shot until my appointment today (36w2d), so I'm getting rushed in tomorrow afternoon to get it. thank god the OBGYN i started seeing mentioned it to me today or i wouldn't have been able to get it at all :/ i would have been pissed.
  • @kyraaD so glad you are able to get in an get it! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @kyraaD so glad you are able to get in an get it! 
    thanks, i am too! I'm just really annoyed that the OBGYN at my last appointment (different doctors work different days of the week) didn't mention anything about it.