2nd Trimester
Options

Are you getting the tdap shot in third tri? *when will you get the tdap shot (what week)?* Thanks!

Re: Are you getting the tdap shot in third tri? *when will you get the tdap shot (what week)?* Thanks!

• Options
    @thebigoaktree why am I not surprised?! Ugh. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kdm06c Your poor little fox kits! Poor you! That's so awful. 
  • Options
    @Nerdchild that is terrifying! I can't imagine what your mother must have gone through preparing to lose you. What a senseless and awful experience. 

• Options
    @Nerdchild how awful! Thank you for sharing your experience so others can avoid it! I can't even imagine what your mother had to have felt and gone through! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    Okay, so you all realize that most kids who get chickenpox today have been vaccinated, right? They may get a less severe case, but they still run the risk of getting an infection regardless of vaccine status. Also, there is no vaccine that can prevent the common cold, and an RSV antibody shot is only offered to premies, so although it's unfortunate, that could not be prevented with a vaccine either. Believe me, I know it's scary and heartbreaking.  One of my babies had rsv that i assume they got from my cold when they were really little. While I'm sorry that happened, have any of you ever had a child who has had a vaccine reaction? My son having the mthfr mutation is more susceptible to vaccine reactions. Have you ever had a kid who developed terrible digestive problemsright after a vaccine? And bad eczema? And stopped talking? And started intense head banging? All from one vaccine where his poor little leg swelled up abnormally for days? My kid had a vaccine reaction, and although years of detoxing has gotten him so much better, I will never ever risk that again. I won't risk another baby of mine going through any of that to prevent an illness that they may or may not get and could probably fight on their own. I certainly won't risk my own children's health for the well being of any other kid. My priority is to protect my own, and the best way I can do that is to not vaccinate them. If that makes me selfish, or gives me less compassion than one of your dogs, then I really don't care. I hope that none of you ever have to experience the other side of what vaccines can do to your body or to your kid's body. It's terrifying to realize that you did something to them that could not be undone, and they suffered because of it.
    stopping talking and head banging are not side effects from vaccines. Are you now trying to slyly throw autism symptoms in with vaccine side effects?
    Sounds like she's comparing herself to a dogs level of compassion, which makes no sense at all.

Me: 30, DH: 31

Married: May 16th 2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    thebigoaktreethebigoaktree member
    edited February 2016
    Removed for TOU violation

• Options
    Clearly the anti-vaxxers know better than any doctor or medical researcher. She googled it! 

So great! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @Lindsayleigh1989 On my end it looks like her existence has been wiped out entirely, which probably means she blocked me.  Boo hoo, I can't see her nonsensical comments on how her precious snowflakes should be allowed to sneeze sicky germs on a bunch of other kids so that they don't get rashy from their vaccines. I'm crushed.
  • Options
    Nerdchild said:
    @Lindsayleigh1989 On my end it looks like her existence has been wiped out entirely, which probably means she blocked me.  Boo hoo, I can't see her nonsensical comments on how her precious snowflakes should be allowed to sneeze sicky germs on a bunch of other kids so that they don't get rashy from their vaccines. I'm crushed.
    Same here! 
  • Options
    Nerdchild said:

My guess is the admin deleted her comments entirely because I can't see them either, but its not just a blank post, there's no post from her at all.  It's a shame because I would have loved to keep going at it, especially her BS MTHFR causing vaccine reactions nonsense but if she can't actually reply, it kind of defeats the purpose. 
  • Options
    When will (or have for previous pregnancies) you guys get the tdap? My ob said 27/28 weeks. Is that too early? I'm thinking about asking to delay it until 31/32 weeks. 
  • Options
    When will (or have for previous pregnancies) you guys get the tdap? My ob said 27/28 weeks. Is that too early? I'm thinking about asking to delay it until 31/32 weeks. 
    I got mine at 28 weeks. I think they just wait until 3rd Tri because risks for many things go down then.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    You should be able to delay it to a time when you're comfortable taking it. 

• Options
    I've heard everywhere between 28 and 36 weeks depending on the norms for your practice.  I think the trend is moving more towards doing it on the earlier side so the baby has some protection in the event of preterm labor but I could be totally wrong on that. 
  • Options
    I'm 30 wks and haven't received it but my doc did say third tri. There is still time and I'm checking to see what other family members need to get it too.
  • Options
    Got it at 35 weeks. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    No, not too early. I get them at 28 weeks.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Stms - my husband and immediate family got the tdap shot two years ago when I was pregnant with my son.  Are any of you having them get it again?  I, of course, already got my tdap shot this time around.