Secondary IF

New! Never thought I'd be here

Starlight811Starlight811 member
edited February 2016 in Secondary IF
Hi all, I frequent the infertility and ttc boards and wanted to join this group for some support. DH and I have a 4 year old daughter and for the past 1.5 years we have been trying to work on siblings. With our daughter I stopped BC and was pregnant that month..easy right? Never expected to have an issue getting PG. After a year of ttc and no luck we were referred to an RE who tested us and found that at my young age of 28 I have DOR. I couldn't believe that at my age but the RE says I was one of the 10% to have this at an early age. Of course devastated after googling DOR and success rates I was feeling hopeless. Ladies on these boards have really just given me the strength to think positive and to do anything I can if this is what I want. I have now been through 1 cycle of IUI on 100mg Clomid + trigger but ended in bfn. We had 2 mature follicles and a possible 3rd. I am in my second cycle for IUI same protocol and I have my follow up ultrasound for follicle check next thursday. I guess the hardest part for me is that my daughter asks for a playmate, a sister, a brother...something and she is obsessed with babies and baby dolls. I almost feel like we grieve even more than parents without kids because we are also in pain from seeing the sibling hurt. Its so hard. I wish everyone here success and strength through this journey. 
Me 28 DH 33 | DX: DOR | HSG: Normal | IUI#1: (Clomid/HCG/Progesterone) BFN | IUI#2: (Clomid/HCG/Progesterone) BFN | IUI#3: (Clomid/HCG/Progesterone) BFN | IUI#4: (Menopur/HCG/Progesterone) BFN | IUI#5: (Menopur/Gonal-F/HCG/Progesterone) BETA 7/2

Re: New! Never thought I'd be here

• Hi and welcome..I am sorry you find yourself here.  I am somewhat similar to you.  I have a 3 year old son and also got pregnant with him very easily with no issues.  We thought the second would be a breeze..After 8 months of trying and one miscarriage we saw an RE and also were diagnosed with DOR.  I was 32 at the time (33 now)  We did 4 IUI's but one got cancelled due to no response so techicnally 3 IUI's all with BFN. We just did our first round of IVF and only got 3 eggs, 2 fertilized and only 1 made it to blast which we froze and will be putting back in at the beginning of march.

I agree that having one sometimes makes this whole thing so much harder..My son isn't asking for a sibling luckily and has actually said he doesn't want a baby in our house but I see so many pregnant moms at preschool and birthday parties and stuff that you just can't escape it.  And if they aren't pregnant they are carrying their newborn..
  • Hello. I am sorry you find yourself here. Good luck next week.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome! Baby dust coming your way.
    Me: 37 DH:41
    10/2009 - TTC#1 Stopped BCP! Let's DO this!
    1/2010 - BFP (Natural) --> 10/2010 - DS born! Yay!
    12/2010 - DH diagnosed with stage 3B testicular cancer. #cancersucks
    10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
    1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
    3/2014 - IVF Cycle #1 Started BCP
    4/2014 - Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur
    5/7/2014 - ER day (25 eggs retrieved, 15 mature)
    5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
    2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
    7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
    7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • JustLilOMeJustLilOMe member
    edited February 2016
    Hi @rachlee2010
    Hope all goes well your transfer. Please keep us posted.

@Starlight811 don't give up. I had DOR with my first child. I finally got pregnant on my 4th IUI. I never did have more than 2 follicles on all cycles, whether it was clomid or injectables. 

I didn't respond well to my current mini ivf. Only one egg retrieved and fertilized. Had my 3 day transfer yesterday. It was quite an amazing site to see embryo transferred into my uterus. Staying low and relaxing at home for the next few days. So now the wait.. 

Hoping this works. I would love a sibling for my 2.5 year old. Sibling hurt is hard. I know my husband and I won't be here forever. I know siblings aren't guaranteed to get along, but this whole ivf thing is something I must do for our family. I just feel like my family is not complete until I have one more child.

Prayers and wishing everyone here baby dust!!
    2012 Diagnosis with high fsh, low ovarian reserve.
    34 years old at the time. 

July 2012 
    IUI #1 Clomid - BFN

August 2012
    IUI #2 Clomid - BFN

September 2012
    IUI #3 Clomid - BFN

October 2012
    IUI #4 Gonal-f injectables - BFP
    Baby son born in July 2013