Pregnant after 35

Pregnant and 35 New/Intro

Well here I am again, but this time 35! Ha ha, I have been trying for some time, experienced loss and heart ache as I am sure a lot of you can relate. I gave up trying actually, so this is a huge surprise. I am currently 4 going on five weeks pregnant. My symptoms are very strange: At three weeks, my exhaustion and pregnancy brain fog started my suspicion and I have the worst head ache all the time, and I am out of breath like I have already been running.  My clothes are already fitting snug but maybe this is what happens when we reach 35 and pregnant! My symptoms feel different then what I was expecting for being so early. Anyways, if you have any suggestions on how to treat headaches that would be great. Glad to be part of the group and travel on this journey with people my age. :)

Glow

Re: Pregnant and 35 New/Intro

• Welcome and congratulations! The only tip I have about symptoms is to sleep when you can! I pass out on the couch by 8:30 most evenings. :)
  • Welcome, wishing you a happy and healthy nine months, no suggestions for headaches except trying to ensure you are getting enough fluids and resr
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome!  Congratulations.  I second the fluids and rest suggestion! :)  Good luck!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Welcome and congratulations! For your headache try rubbing the webs of your feet just where the toes meet the foot. It's a Chinese medicine trick;)
  • Congrats and welcome! I also had bad headaches in first trimester. Honestly they were probably my first pregnancy symptom (along with an inexplicable desire to eat only Mexican food) at 3.5 weeks. Lots of sleep, water, and small amounts of caffeine (1cup of tea or a small coffee) helped. But they definitely didn't go away until about 10 weeks.
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • Congrats and welcome!!
  • Welcome and congrats! Wishing you a happy & healthy 9 months! 
  • Congratulations and welcome!  I had lots of early symptoms, too.  Headaches didn't hit me until the nausea went away, close to the second trimester.  Rest, water, tylenol and showers help me.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)