July 2016 Moms
Options

Weekend bitchfest 1/30

Its never too early, right ladies?!?

My bitch today is my damn boss. Why the hell do we have to have a store meeting at 8 am? I don't want to go in, not only on my day off, but at 8 when I was finally settling back into sleep from when the fiancé went to work. 

Re: Weekend bitchfest 1/30

• Options
    Pathetic I know, but I have a pimple under my eyebrow...the worst!
  • Options
    Puddles03 said:
    I have the biggest mother effin pimple smack dab in the middle of my forehead. Like this thing has its own pulse. I feel ya :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Puddles03 said:
    I have the biggest mother effin pimple smack dab in the middle of my forehead. Like this thing has its own pulse. I feel ya :)
    Girls, I've had a massive zit on my cheek for like over two weeks now. I'm so afraid to squeeze it because it seems to have a mind of its own!
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    @joleri23 Yup, cheek pimple. Mine popped up yesterday and I am losing the do not pick/pop battle. Thanks, hormones. 
  • Options
    I had a coworker approach me yesterday and she asked how far along I was since I was showing now. I told her almost 15 weeks, and she seemed very surprised and said she didn't show until 6 months. She then asked me if I worked out before pregnancy and then stopped once I got pregnant and if I thought that's why I was showing. What?! 
  • Options
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    I have to work. I've been off for a couple days and I work the next 4 nights 3pm-1am and it's long and tiring and blah and I've been dreading it since yesterday afternoon. DH of course is in the middle of a stretch of 7 days off and is planning on doing nothing all day. Ugh. 
  • Options
    DH didn't pass his RN boards.  :'( he's so bummed! Now he has to wait 45 days to retest and that means at least 45 more days in his hell-hole of a job before he can quit. 
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Options
    My laziness is a bitch. I'm supposed to be working on student assessments and conference forms. They don't take long but they're boring. I keep finding distractions (like the bump). These were supposed to be done like two weeks ago but I just have zero motivation.
  • Options
    I was up at 3:15 with terrible neck pain then ds woke up at 4:30 ready to party. I think I need a side sleeper pillow as I always used to sleep on my stomach, my neck has hurt the last 3/4 days. Anyways ds went back to sleep at 530 but would only sleep on me not in his crib so I'm super tired today. And to top it off we are currently driving 3.5 hours to my hometown for my nephews 1st bday party. bleh it will be fun when we get there but it's the most boring drive ever on the thruway. 

@AB34 sorry to hear that! It's a tough test and lots of ppl fail so hopefully just one more time and he will pass! Can he get a graduate Rn position somewhere? I live in ny and that's what we do here before you pass your boards. most hospitals around here do that!  You are just considered a gn until you pass your boards and you work under a preceptor (which you do anyway as a new nurse) 
  • Options
    foxa319 said:

@AB34 sorry to hear that! It's a tough test and lots of ppl fail so hopefully just one more time and he will pass! Can he get a graduate Rn position somewhere? I live in ny and that's what we do here before you pass your boards. most hospitals around here do that!  You are just considered a gn until you pass your boards and you work under a preceptor (which you do anyway as a new nurse) 
    Thank you! He is an LPN now so he works in a nursing home. The hospitals he wants to work at only like to hire RNs, and he told me he doesn't want to start applying now only to have to tell them he didn't pass again if he doesn't. 

Also, I hope your neck feels better soon and the drive goes quick! Pregnant sleeping sucks. 
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Options
    megstervt said:
    I went shopping for maternity jeans today.  The vast majority were tapered leg and/or legging material.  I want normal boot cut jeans with a bit of stretch and that heavenly elastic band at the top.  WTF! 
    Order online. I have great boot cut ones from old navy and kohl's!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    megstervt said:
    I went shopping for maternity jeans today.  The vast majority were tapered leg and/or legging material.  I want normal boot cut jeans with a bit of stretch and that heavenly elastic band at the top.  WTF! 
    I bought several different styles at goodwill for six dollars. Second hand is the way to go! 
  • Options
    benten24 said:
    I'm part of a breastfeeding group on FB since that's what I want to do once baby arrives. This morning some MFer posted an article titled something along the lines of, "I will judge you if you don't BF". I've been pissed since seeing it. I despise when women feed into the mommy wars. Who am I to tell you what to do with your body? Your body-your baby- your choice. Screw everyone who thinks that they have any right whatsoever to tell another human being how to feed their child. Is the child starving? No? Okay, STFU. I don't care if baby is FF or BF - fed is best. 
    I hate that battle it drives me nuts. I was judged for pumping. My kid was fed breastmilk for a year but people judged me because I wasn't breastfeeding. F off people who cares, feed your baby, period 
  • Options
    AAAG13AAAG13 member
    edited January 2016
    It's only January and I am already finding ants in my house. This is usually a battle I begin in March since I live in Ohio where everything is frozen for a few months. I am not ready to take on these tiny assholes, especially when they want to hang out on my tooth brush. The only thing that's stops them is a force field of Clorox wipes.

Also I have to go to work on a Sunday for an open house no one comes to because they would rather be home with there families on a Sunday. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I can't reply or tag anyone apparently but the Gap has the perfect boot in maternity jeans too
  • Options
    I have a friend that's being really judgey because I don't plan to co-sleep. I figure I have epilepsy so night time seizures plus baby in the bed could be on the dangerous side, maybe it's just me. I keep being told I won't bond as well because the baby is safely sleeping in their own bassinet then crib
  • Options
    Taymiller said:
    benten24 said:
    I'm part of a breastfeeding group on FB since that's what I want to do once baby arrives. This morning some MFer posted an article titled something along the lines of, "I will judge you if you don't BF". I've been pissed since seeing it. I despise when women feed into the mommy wars. Who am I to tell you what to do with your body? Your body-your baby- your choice. Screw everyone who thinks that they have any right whatsoever to tell another human being how to feed their child. Is the child starving? No? Okay, STFU. I don't care if baby is FF or BF - fed is best. 
    I hate that battle it drives me nuts. I was judged for pumping. My kid was fed breastmilk for a year but people judged me because I wasn't breastfeeding. F off people who cares, feed your baby, period 
    My own mother judged me for EP-ing. Not only would she say stuff about it around me, but she would make comments about it to other people both behind my back and when I was close enough to hear. According to her, if you EP or use formula, you will never bond with your baby. EP-ing is no walk in the park....not only are you already waking up to feed, but then you have to sit there pumping, and then clean off the parts, and you are also doing bottle cleaning on top of it. There is nothing more obnoxious than going through all of that trouble to try and give your kid BM, only to get chastised for it......
    @foxa319 I am a tummy and side sleeper. For my first pregnancy, I didnt bother getting a special pillow for sleeping and just shoved one of our regular pillows between my knees. This time around, I went and at least got a body pillow. Its not all fancy-schmancy like the pregnancy pillows. But I didnt want something that took up 3/4 of the bed (we are only in a queen), and more often than not, I will sleep with it for the first half of the night and then end up getting hot and kicking it to the floor anyway. So it does help with my knees, hips, etc....even thought I am only using it half of the night. And I am glad I only spent $20 on it. 

also just reading that made me see red! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @Lindsayleigh1989 Unfortunately I think that any group I join will have at least a handful of judgey jerks in it. 
  • Options
    Weville said:
    I have a friend that's being really judgey because I don't plan to co-sleep. I figure I have epilepsy so night time seizures plus baby in the bed could be on the dangerous side, maybe it's just me. I keep being told I won't bond as well because the baby is safely sleeping in their own bassinet then crib
    Word. I have night terrors and kick, punch, scream, and sleepwalk in my sleep. My best friend co-sleeps and said to me "Oh no you're not going to let the baby cry it out are you?" Ummm I'm pretty sure a bassinet within arms reach will be fine... Though probably arm's reach on DH's side is safer.
  • Options
    @AB34 She is totally being dense. I was inclined to go with being a dick, actually. What the is with all the judgement in general (or you won't bond fear mongering). Whether you breastfeed or whatever other choices made if the child is fed and cared for that is all that matters
  • Options
    Weville said:
    Word. I have night terrors and kick, punch, scream, and sleepwalk in my sleep. My best friend co-sleeps and said to me "Oh no you're not going to let the baby cry it out are you?" Ummm I'm pretty sure a bassinet within arms reach will be fine... Though probably arm's reach on DH's side is safer.
    Oh lord. Why do people think that just because you don't want a baby in your bed, it means you are going to hang them from their toes in the other room and scream until they will give themselves an aneurysm? People were shocked when I moved DD out of our room at 5 weeks old (she was in originally in a pack'n'play in our room). But I was sleeping better (we were all actually sleeping better), and since then (she is 4 now) we have had ZERO sleep issues (except obviously when she is sick or when she was teething). Meanwhile, my friends that co-slept had the hardest time getting their kids out of their beds when the time came, and I thought "You want to give me hell for moving my 5 week old out of my room....but here you are, complaining that you cannot get your five year old out of your bed and he won't go to sleep on his own....." No sympathy. If you want to co-sleep.....more power to ya. But just remember that there are those that don't want a baby in their bed, and their kids aren't going to suffer by sleeping in their own beds. Ridiculous! 
    Completely agree! I kick in my sleep and will have the baby close at first then move them into their own room. I think it makes the transition for them sleeping in their own bed a lot easier. 
  • Options
    We bedshare with DD. getting her to sleep anywhere else is hell. This LO won't be in our bed (for now). I can't wait to have my space back.