Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Friday

Re: WTO Friday

• atcwagatcwag member
    edited January 2016
    MRSCORKER said:
    @actwag It's so weird the FF gave you dotted CH so early. I'm sure if you have another low temp tomorrow, it will take them away. Hopefully a clear pattern emerges in the next few days! Also, sorry about you H and the anxiety issues. I worry my H will have the same so I try to keep the TTC talk to a minimum around him. Make him feel like it's no big deal and then come on hear and lay my crazy out for all of you! 
    I'm just trying to go with the flow with my chart... Not much else I can do. This is x2 of dotted CHs. Not sure why they came back again. 
    Here was 2 days ago:
    Here's yesterday:

And here's today:

ETA: typo
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @atcwag FF used to give me weird patterns like yours for crosshairs too. I changed my detecting settings to FAM and mine make a lot more sense. 
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • @sarah0985 - already on FAM.  :|
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Maybe one of the others then? Sorry. If anything id wait it out for now as annoying as it is and it should remove them I think. I like FF but it's definitely got a few flaws that are frustrating
    CP September 2019
  • @sarah0985 - DANG!  Just checked and it somehow got switched back to advanced. WTH! Switched it back and didn't get a change, but glad I caught that. Thanks. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @rosenyc123 Here is my thought...  I think you may have O'd on CD 14 and maybe you would have gotten a positive OPK if you had taken one on CD 13? Because you didn't start temping until CD 10, FF wouldn't have the 6 previous temps to base the CH off of. Also, considering you have an open circile on CD 13 maybe your temp was a little off and would normally have been slightly lower making the subsequent temps all above "cover". The other thought I had was that maybe O was CD 16 since you still had fertile CM. Since your first 3 temps are open circles, perhaps all of them would have been much lower under normal circumstances and maybe you just missed your surge with the OPKs. Only time will tell which is super frustrating. Good luck! 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Month/Cycle: 8/8

CD: 18

WAYDTGKTFU: All the things

R/R/CS: I *think* yesterday was O day. Had a temp drop then a spike this morning. But we are going to keep HIO for a few extra days so I don't end up in the same situation as last cycle. Timing has been really good so I'm feeling cautiously optimistic!

GTKY: If you could have dinner with any 3 people, living or dead, who would they be and why? Yikes. My grandfather who passed 13 years ago, Betty White, and Gandhi!
    BabyGaga
  • @LizaKate1213 Yes! Betty White can be invited to my girl power dinner too. I started with Queen Elizabeth I, Meryl Stree and Helen Mirren and then added JK Rowling and Betty White after seing other answers. This dinner party is growing fast!

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• edited January 2016
    ****Advice requested in RRCS****

Month/Cycle:  5/1AL

CD: 26

WAYDTGKTFU:  H has been out of town since Tuesday.  :|

R/R/CS:  I had a second round job interview yesterday! I think it went really well because the recruiter called me last night and said he was going to send me all of the background check stuff to complete (they can't make me an offer without the background check coming back clean) and their benefits package to look over!!!! For those of you that don't remember/weren't around, the company I currently work for announced in October that we were shutting down early this year and we're all losing our jobs. I was super excited when this company reached out because they're one of two firms in my neighborhood that I wanted to try to work for!  So... now I'm worried that we should TTA for a while if I'm going to be starting a new job. I don't want first trimester yucky symptoms to interfere with training/first impression/potential probationary period if I get KTFU right away. But I'm already into month 5, and I'm pretty sure I O'd on Wednesday (just need a couple more temps to confirm), so I feel like TTA would feel like I'm betraying myself (if that makes any sense). GAH. So many emotions this morning. So anyway, what do you think I should do TTC-wise? 

GTKY: If you could have dinner with any 3 people, living or dead, who would they be and why?  I have too many other things in my head to think about this today! Sorry! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @atcwag @sarah0985 just curious. What reasons made you change FF settings from advanced to Fam? What does that even mean? And should I do this too?
    Baby #1: Elena 4/6/14
    Baby #2: Grayson EDD 10/22/16

• korycir said:
    @atcwag @sarah0985 just curious. What reasons made you change FF settings from advanced to Fam? What does that even mean? And should I do this too?
    I believe FAM just makes it interprets based on temps (most accurate), but Advanced takes other things into account?  Or maybe it's the other way around. Correct me people. I just joined the "FAM bandwagon" when I read about switching it on this board. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MissAmeliaPond   You'll definitely want to consider if you are going to qualify for maternity leave (and if paid maternity leave is something you will need or not). You can't get fired for being pregnant, though, so I personally wouldn't TTA (I'm on month 6 so to I totally feel you on the not wanting to switch to TTA for any reason at this point). But, again, maternity leave qualifications is probably the biggest thing you'll want to consider.
  • Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 14

WAYDTGKTFU: Not a whole lot

R/R/CS: This cycle is freakin weird. Clearly you're regular until you're not. Almost stark white OPKs lately when usually it would be positive today... kinda bummed as I planned this trip this weekend around my FW. I feel off in general, really down and out lately, not enjoying this sick leave at all, I just feel guilty and stressed out. Yuck yuck yuck. I hope this weekend helps me to take my mind off things... 

GTKY: If you could have dinner with any 3 people, living or dead, who would they be and why? Leonardo DiCaprio because I want to marry him, Kyle Richards because I want to talk sense into her and I think we could be friends, and Putin because I want to know for myself if he is intrinsically evil or not.
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    TTC #1 Oct 2015
    BFP Mar 26, 2016 - DD born Nov 2016 <3
    TTC #2 since Mar 2017
    DX: MF June 2019, varicocele embolization Jan 2020, good improvement (14 mil, low motility)
    IUI#1 Aug 2020 - BFN
    IVF #1 Dec 2020 (ICSI) - ER, freeze-all - 15 retrieved, 15 mature, 15 fertilized. 4 embryos frozen, all day 5 blasts!
    FET #1 Feb 2021 - BFN
    FET #2 Apr 2021 - BFP 5DP5DT!! Beta #1 13DP5DT (17DPO)  = HcG 1,238. Beta #2 17DP5DT (21DPO) = HcG 8,269

• I've noticed drinking 2tbsp of Organic Apple Cider vinegar mixed with water and sweetner everyday made a big changes to my CM. It's makes your entire body more alkaline. 
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• sarah0985sarah0985 member
    edited January 2016
    atcwag said:
    korycir said:
    @atcwag @sarah0985 just curious. What reasons made you change FF settings from advanced to Fam? What does that even mean? And should I do this too?
    I believe FAM just makes it interprets based on temps (most accurate), but Advanced takes other things into account?  Or maybe it's the other way around. Correct me people. I just joined the "FAM bandwagon" when I read about switching it on this board. 

FAM is the 3 temps higher than previous 6 rule. Advanced is more prone to identify dips with raises along with cm regardless of sustained temps. When in advanced modes, I never once truly believed my ch nor got solids. Everyone here that I asked to chart stalk would agree the FF was wrong. When I switched to FAM, every chart made sense and my lps evened out to a consistent number. 

Eta: if advanced is working for you, I'd leave it. But if it doesn't look right if look into changing it. I had to change it for each previous month
    CP September 2019
  • @MissAmeliaPond I agree with @bcooke314 to consider what the maternity leave benefits are before making a decision. For me, the only thing that would make me TTA in your situation is wheather you will qualify for leave. I struggled with the same decision when I started at my current job. You may not get morning sickness or any other symptoms that could interfere with doing your job so I wouldn't really consider that, I think I'd rather risk that aspect of it. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @pretzel2plus1 glad to hear your appointment went well! Of course you can keep posting here, but do what you feel is best! 

@khbear117 O is the day prior to the temp spike. The corpus luteum releases progesterone, and the progesterone causes the temp rise. HTH!

@HeyBooHey yay for good test results! I don't know anything about low FSH, though. If your doctor wasn't concerned, I think it is probably okay! 

@Zoey1019 I've never turned a Wondfo OPK and I've ovulated every month I've used them. *shrug* Since they don't work for me I'm just using CM and temp to predict/confirm O. FX this is it for you!

@DCHokiemom I couldn't believe that comment either. WTF? 

@bcooke314 Thanks! I know, I've thought about that. I haven't mentioned it yet on here, but DH just got an awesome new job too, and I wouldn't even have to work after my current company gets shut down anymore... So the head of the group I'd be working for at the new company is currently on mat leave, so I feel like she'd be a little more understanding? Idk, I just can't truly justify TTA this far into the journey. Why is this so hard! 

@MRSCORKER Thank you! I know, I don't know what their mat leave policy looks like, and I'm definitely not going to ask yet. *TW* when I had the CP, my fatigue, nausea, and insomnia were really strong very early, so I'm anticipating a sticky bean will increase the severity? They said training will be in another city (that requires air travel and probably over night stays away), so that also makes me a bit nervous. I remember you were in the same job change situation - so I appreciate your input! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @MissAmeliaPond   If you don't need paid leave and you would at least be able to get unpaid time off (or if you decided to be a SAHM), then I don't personally see a reason to TTA. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't.
  • @MissAmeliaPond I feel your pain.  We stopped TTC about a year ago (had only been trying for 1 month) due to me getting a new job.  Right now it feels like the wrong decision bc I started TTC again after I started new job and we are 8 cycles in with no luck.  Shoulda just kept going I suppose but hindsight is 20/20.

@Lindseyrva so glad you got to CD1.  Fx next cycle not so crazy!

month/cycle: 7/8

cd: 12

waydtgku:  most things

r/r/CS:  DH had SA this am.  Fx for good results.  Too bad it's on a Friday so we may not find out til Monday.  Hoping when his dr gets the results he lets us know ASAP but that's unlikely.  

GTKY:  this was a hard one for me bc no one came to mind right away.  After thinking about it I will say my mom's parents bc DH never got to meet them and they were amazing people.  
  • Posting now...I'll come back reading and comments later! 

Cycle: 5
    CD: 16
    Wayd: everything
    Rrcs: I may have gotten a positive opk this morning. But I've never used wondfo strips, so I need to keep testing to see if it's really my peak. In any case I was expecting to ovulate Sunday or Monday, so it could be legit. Also, my bbt keeps giving me 97.4. Like four out of five mornings the week. So I guess it's time for a new thermometer.  :/

Gtky: interesting question! I would say my grandfather, my grandmother's mother, and Jesus. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited January 2016
    Month/Cycle: 9/9

CD: 12 (supposedly "D-Day" per FF)

WAYDTGKTFU: FF, temping, "making love in the club"... not really "the club" but yea ...  

R/R/CS: AF appears to be stabilizing again after a few months of weirdo spotting which I attribute to hella stress @ work & prepping for a cross-state move from IL to MN. 

GTKY: If you could have dinner with any 3 people, living or dead, who would they be and why? OOOF, this is difficult... my mom's parents because they passed when I was so young & I would love to have a convo with them, Ree Drummond (just love her!!!!) & Leo... bc I've been in love with him since I was 11, it's okay, DH knows lol. 

TGIF Y'all! 

Edit: Sig didn't post :/ 

ME: 31 | DH: 31

Married: April 2015

TTC #1: April 2015

Fur Baby: 1 English Mastiff (Rupert) 

ME: 31 | DH: 31

Married: April 2015

TTC (BBT & FF) #1: April 2015 (Off BC: January 2015)

Fur Baby: 1 English Mastiff (Rupert) 

• @MissAmeliaPond
    Def check into probationary period, normally it is 90 days or so, but you want to make sure you qualify for FMLA so your job is safe! Technically they can't fire you for being pregnant, this is true, but they can fire someone still in probation for not being able to complete their job duties. You have to be able to qualify for FMLA. 

Great news about the job though! I say go for it as long as FMLA works out!
    TTC #1 - December 2015
    Me:31 H:31
    DX: MFI - 1% Morph 
    12/16 -IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol w/ Lupron trigger
    ER - 11 retrieved- 9 mature - 7 fertilized - 3 sent for PGS on day 5 - No normals (1 XXX Embryo - may use in future)
    3/17 - IVF #2 - Antagonist Protocol w/ HCG trigger
    ER- 13 retrieved - 11 mature - 8 fertilized - 2 sent for PGS on day 5 -2 Normal
    FET #1 - 5/16/17 - BFP! - Beta #1 5/25 - 156 - Beta #2 5/30 - 2562 - Beta #3 6/1 - 5191!

• @DCHokiemom   In total agreement with you there. The digi opk has steered me in wrong direction previously but the wondfo's have been good to me. A win for the cheapies 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Marley629 said:
    @DCHokiemom   In total agreement with you there. The digi opk has steered me in wrong direction previously but the wondfo's have been good to me. A win for the cheapies 
    I've had issues with digital OPKs too. All of the regular ones were positive, the digi said negative and then I had a clear temp spike the next day and eventual solid CH confirming O. I'll stick with the non-digis from now on!

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @atcwag *hugs* we have performance anxiety often here as well. This cycle's BDing ended with it, so it doesn't make me hopeful if we have to go into next cycle. Ugh

@bcooke314 I liked your GTKY answer :)

@lizakate1213 I like the Betty White answer! I'm adding her!

@missameliapond I'm with @zoey1019. I would advise against TTA, unless it affects your probationary period. Good luck!

*******Question***********

I was sooo excited to get solid CH (but staying another day or two just to be certain before moving to TWW). However, after reading the responses on here I switched my settings to FAM and it took my CH away! I don't like FAM, so I went back to advanced; however, I don't want to cheat myself just to make myself feel better, but I truly feel like I did O. Can anyone CS and let me know what you think??

As a side note, my "positive" OPK may or may not have been positive. I PM'd it to @babymish who though it was...I posted it on "countdown to pregnancy," and most votes were for negative. It was the darkest I got, so I logged it as +, but now I'm afraid I'm just cheating my entire cycle/chart.

• @bcooke314 I liked your GTKY answer :)

• @LINDSEYRVA YAY!   FX this cycle is less confusing & infuriating.

Month/Cycle: 13/2 TTCAL2

CD: 2

WAYDTGKUFU:  Plan from RE is Clomid 150mg CD2-4, Clomid 100mg CD5-6, Post coital test CD12, I suspect he may want to do an IUI either way this month.  Not opposed to this being part of the plan.  I will also use OPKs, PNV, and track CM.  I am not sure at this point how much value temping would add for me except driving me crazy during the TWW.  Thoughts?

R/R/CS:  We are going to the Philadelphia Auto Show Black Tie Tailgate Event tonight.  I'm going to have to wear a Spank.  Rave & rant in one.

GTKY:  David Bowie because I have loved him since I was 7, Gillian Flynn because I've loved her books and want to know more about her and where all that dark evil shit comes from, my Mom (who is living) because she has been very sick the last several months & unable to eat normally.  If she was able to really have dinner with me it would mean all this mess is finally behind her.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @MRSCORKER Thanks for the CS. I agree that day 16 is promising but then why the negative OPKs? so frustrating. I know you're regular until you're not but come on!!! hopefully my temps in the next few days will be more helpful. 
  • @JamieK1882 What is your history with OPKs? Some people never get a true positive and just count the darkest result they get. Some cycles, I get a very clear positive with the test line darker than the control line. Other cycles, the test line only gets just as dark or almost as dark. All have lined up with my temps though. 
    What happens if you don't discard your temp on CD 15? Since your CD 17 temp is an open circle, maybe that temp was unusually low. I'm wondering if you maybe O'd on CD 15. With your most likely positive OPK and CM, I would say it's likely that you did O. I have never messed with the settings in FF so I'm not sure what the differences are. I think FAM only takes temps into account while advanced uses all data. Because you have a few open circle temps that may not be reliable, I would use the advanced setting so that it takes your CM/OPK into account. If it were me, I would confident that I did O. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @MRSCORKER Thanks for the CS. I agree that day 16 is promising but then why the negative OPKs? so frustrating. I know you're regular until you're not but come on!!! hopefully my temps in the next few days will be more helpful. 
    I agree that the next few days will tell the tale for you. Do you usually turn OPKs? 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @mrscorker Thank you for taking a look. I feel pretty confident I also O'd, but super confused on the date. As long as it was before CD17, our timing is ok. If not, I'm out.

I  just looked at my FF, and I don't think I meant to have CD15 temp discarded. I had a note in there that I only had 2 hours of sleep that night, though, so who knows. I added it back in, and now I have dotted CH.

This is also my first month trying OPKs. I tried them for several days straight during my FW, some that were obviously negative I didn't even log.

So confusing!

• edited January 2016
    @khbear117 temp spike happens the day after O, so it's sounding like O was yesterday for you!
    @Zoey1019, FX you'll O soon! I've only used Wondfo OPKs the past two cycles, and both times I could get the line as close to the control as possible without actually being as dark, and then it would be drastically lighter on my next test. But last month I still O'd the day after it was at it's darkest, and this month will be the same if my temp stays up tomorrow. So I technically didn't get a positive, but still O'd. That was long winded and probably not helpful, haha
    Congrats on the potential job, @MissAmeliaPond! Personally, I would keep on TTC and just hope that the 1st tri isn't too rough. GL on making your decision!

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 18

WAYDTGKTFU: Sex, temping, CM/CP

R/R/CS: So, I forgot fallback rises were a thing. Hoooopefully that's what happened with my temp on Wednesday. One more high temp gives me CH for Monday and our timing will be awesome.

GTKY: Charlie Day and Freddie Mercury because I want them to be my BFFs, and if I can tape it, Jesus. I would use it to clarify to some bigots that they can't use Christianity to justify their bigotry.

ETA: have any of you been to Red River, NM? DH and I are thinking about going next month!
    TTGP February Sig Challenge- Valentine's Day Fail:

Me: 25 - DH: 30
    Dating: 5/9/2010
    Married: 5/9/2015
    TTC #1: October 2015

• @mrscorker Thank you for taking a look. I feel pretty confident I also O'd, but super confused on the date. As long as it was before CD17, our timing is ok. If not, I'm out.

I  just looked at my FF, and I don't think I meant to have CD15 temp discarded. I had a note in there that I only had 2 hours of sleep that night, though, so who knows. I added it back in, and now I have dotted CH.

This is also my first month trying OPKs. I tried them for several days straight during my FW, some that were obviously negative I didn't even log.

So confusing!

I totally understand the confusion. If it helps, the more you chart and the more data you collect, the less confusing it becomes. You'll start to notice patterns that are "normal" for you. Good luck!

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @MRSCORKER   While I have been temping for close to two years, I only started OPKs last month. Last month I got very close to positive, but not fully positive in my opinion. I marked it as positive because it was the darkest it got, and it corresponded with my other signs, typical O day, and temps.  So i guess I am unsure about whether they work for me or not.  Thanks again for looking into all this :)
  • @MRSCORKER   While I have been temping for close to two years, I only started OPKs last month. Last month I got very close to positive, but not fully positive in my opinion. I marked it as positive because it was the darkest it got, and it corresponded with my other signs, typical O day, and temps.  So i guess I am unsure about whether they work for me or not.  Thanks again for looking into all this :)
    Yeah, you're a temping pro! lol. OPKs are hit or miss. They can be perfect for some people and just make things more confusing for others. Hopefully you'll get a BFP and it won't matter anymore ;)

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Ok, I think FF is drunk.

Why would it put my anticipated testing day as 5 days AFTER expected period day?

• Ok, I think FF is drunk.

Why would it put my anticipated testing day as 5 days AFTER expected period day?

Is this your first cycle using FF? It likely doesn't have enough data to determine your average LP length.

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 6

WAYDTGKTFU: All the things

R/R/CS: Yay, I'm back!  DH fell and reinjured his back in November.  MRI showed a tear in the disc, so he needed some healing time, but no surgery.  We had to take two months for him to heal, so I've been lurking but not really participating.  We'll start to try again this month.

GTKY: If you could have dinner with any 3 people, living or dead, who would they be and why?  Marie Curie, Jesus and Freud.  Because I have so many questions!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker