Trying to Get Pregnant

Clearblue tests. Are they reliable

I am a week passed my period and feel pregnant and this hasn't happened in 3 years since I actually was.but i am a week passed my missed period and I have gotten 2 negative tests (non-digital) has anyone else experienced this also?

Re: Clearblue tests. Are they reliable

• Lurking is your friend.  Yes, its happened to me because I wasn't pregnant.  If your tests are negative than you aren't pregnant either and its very likely that you ovulated later than you think.  How do you know you are a week late?
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • Loading the player...
  • ednacakes said:
    I am a week passed my period and feel pregnant and this hasn't happened in 3 years since I actually was.but i am a week passed my missed period and I have gotten 2 negative tests (non-digital) has anyone else experienced this also?
    If you period was truly a week late you would be able to turn even the worst hpt by now. 

Are you temping to confirm ovulation? That's the only way (other than US) to know when you ovulated and when to expect AF. 

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: August 2014
    TTC #1 Since March 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS March 2016
    SA results normal April 2016
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + TI = BFN
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN
    Uterine polyp removed July 2017
    Round 1 IVF January 2018

• You most likely ovulated later than you think & therefore are not actually late for your period. I would test using a pink dye cheap test like Walmart's 88 cent or the dollar store.

I've never had a "false negative" digital HPT. If you are truly a week past your LMP & pregnant you will pop on a digital.

My guess is you missed your fertile window. Do you chart BBT every morning?Use OPK?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Yes to everything PP mentioned above.

Right now, I'm technically almost a week and a half "late" for my period. Because I was temping, I know that I ovulated late, and that is the cause of my delayed period. 

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm new-ish to these boards, haven't been around in about 5 years. Listen to these ladies, I've learned a ton in the week I've been back
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy TrackerBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • My cycle is 29 days and I am on 38 days. I track it.
  • I am not asking if I am pregnant. I read some things saying clearblue wasn't that reliable and wanted to see if it was common. 
  • ednacakes said:
    My cycle is 29 days and I am on 38 days. I track it.
    Your body doesn't follow a calendar.  You're regular until you're not.  The only thing that's actually consistent in your cycle is the length of time between ovulation and your period.  So, if you're getting a negative test, it's likely you ovulated later than usual. Only temping or an ultrasound can confirm ovulation.

Keep testing until you get a positive test or your period.  If you go 60 days without either, call your doctor.
  • ednacakesednacakes member
    edited January 2016
    **Removed for TOU Violation** 
  • LulucooksLulucooks member
    edited January 2016
    ednacakes said:

**Removed for TOU Violation**

Whatever. No one was mean.

• ednacakes said:
    You guys are all rude and unhelpful. I should have went somewhere else. It's a shame when somebody feels dumb for asking for help. Shame on you. Thanks to the few who weren't mean.
    BabyCenter or TwoWeekWait sound like a good fit for you.
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • ednacakes said:
    You guys are all rude and unhelpful. I should have went somewhere else. It's a shame when somebody feels dumb for asking for help. Shame on you. Thanks to the few who weren't mean.
    What specifically did someone say that was mean?  All I see are people helpfully letting you know that if the test is negative then it's more likely that you aren't pregnant than it being a false negative.  In addition to that they are helpfully explaining why this might be happening to you.

You ovulated later than you normally do.  This has happened to me once of twice in my life.  It's random.  It can be confusing and kind of sucks.  But it's normal.
  • ednacakes said:
    Yep - the last 3 months.I got negatives too. And then my period came.

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I was 6 weeks "late" one time and was convinced I was pregnant. I was not. Please take PP's advice to heart, once you start charting/temping it does take a load off your mind when you realize when you ovulate and know exactly when to expect your period. 
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• This thread has been closed to new posts due to the discussion’s shift to an unwelcoming tone. Creating threads in direct response to this one will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump Community.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"