Trying to Get Pregnant

WTF Wednesday

NovaSaysNoNovaSaysNo member
edited January 2016 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Another thread reminded me to start this one...

ETA gif

Re: WTF Wednesday

• WTF to my doctor yesterday saying I had a little bit of PCOS going on. Either I have PCOS or don't... Right???
  • Loading the player...
  • @fitlady21 why is that okay, but we can't say something like "okay you'll get a little bit of your payment until you figure this sht out. Thanks."

@babymish, I woke up and checked my phone (app). It was the first thing I read. I'm not even fully awake yet and it set me off. WTF!?!?
  • Yeah dude, wtf? I was speechless...and confused. I just don't understand what would make a person come on here, start a thread, and post, that?
    Me: 32
    DH: 30
    DS: Born 10/21/2011
    Mirena Removal: 11/23/2015 
  • @NovaSaysNo

Exactly!!! My ovaries were enlarged and I had 1 irregular period out of 6 and my blood work was perfect.
  • NovaSaysNoNovaSaysNo member
    edited January 2016
    @fitlady21 good luck with getting that figured out. I hope they come back with a better answer for you.  I feel for you!
    I have my first appt at my new OBGYN today... I had really bad luck with military medical and am scared (it's a civ doc though). I was told (by military med) that I "kind of had cervical cancer." They did a treatment (they called it a treatment, they scraped my cervix and that was just delightful...) Turns out it was the wrong chart. Found out a few months later at my next "scraping" appointment at a new duty station.
    Anyway, basically saying I really hope they can give you a straight answer (and also reliving fears of past appointments before my appointment today  :# ... that face looks constipated to me, but I mean it more as nervous).

Edited because little known fact 'r' and 't' are not the same letter.
  • @NovaSaysNo

Thanks! And wow.. I would be beyond pissed about that. FX your appointment goes well today!
  • @fitlady21 thank you! And that was actually one of the lesser misdiagnoses/issues, but it still makes me nervous! I've never had any issues since I got out, but I do get nervous still.
    FX for you too!
  • WTF Bump for still having changing avatar pictures disabled?  I've wanted to upload mine for two weeks and I still can't do it.  :-(
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DH and I:  Early/mid 30s
    Married 7/15
    TTC #1 as of 8/15
    BFP 11/21/15 -- MC confirmed 12/1/15
    BFP #2 2/18/16
  • WTF to my best frienemy (it's a long story) who knows we've been TTC complaining all day, every day, to me about her current (planned) keep-a-daddy pregnancy. They hate each other. It makes me sick. Then she begs of me "I need you at the delivery, I can't do it without you." Did I mention this is the SECOND time she's done this?! New guy same story, and yes I was at the birth for the first. I am so over it internally but really can't bring myself to cut her off, I've tried multiple times but we've been through a lot in our 10 years of "friendship." Basically, she's a relentless leech but she's also like my right arm...ugh.
    BabyGaga
  • WTF to my stupid bed and stupid pillows and stupid insomniac body and stupid snoring husband and, and, and all of these things that are making my sleep shitty and my chart crap.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @simcal18  I had to go into "my account" at the top of page and then if you hover over your little round avatar it will bring up an "update" link. from there you can upload. 

hope that helps!
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy TrackerBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Just adding my two cents of WTF to the thread everyone is talking about as well. No, I do not enjoy "lovemaking" with DH for TTC purposes....most of the time I have my fingers crossed (literally) that he is able to finish. It is stressful, and I hate it, but it is worth the hopeful prize at the end.

Also, WTF to my passive aggressive co-worker and a lot of other work things right now.

Aaaannddd...WTF to stomach virus who kept DD (and ME) up last night, and now DH is complaining of it and isn't sure he can HIO tonight. It's our last shot before my work travel ugh!
  • @ladystinson You are my hero!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DH and I:  Early/mid 30s
    Married 7/15
    TTC #1 as of 8/15
    BFP 11/21/15 -- MC confirmed 12/1/15
    BFP #2 2/18/16
  • @simcal18 aww thanks! I'm just glad I could help. I was on here years ago but EVERYTHING is different now
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

• @ladystinson You are also my hero! Been trying to change my pic for weeks! You're also my hero @simcal18 for asking this question!

WTF to my currently pregnant coworker who is constantly talking about how easy it was for her and her husband to get pregnant. It literally comes up twice a week somehow. I've even called her out on it because she's one of my close friends and she knows we're trying (so far unsuccessfully). I just don't think she understands how hard it is to hear about on a regular basis.

Me: 28  DH: 28
    TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    Dx: Both tubes blocked, PCOS, DOR, RPL
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    Instagram: KateDoesIVF

• WTF, self? I had a very vivid dream that I went and finally got my elephant tattoo. I need to just sack up and do it.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• @DumbledoresArmy please tell me more abou this app!!!!
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • NovaSaysNoNovaSaysNo member
    edited January 2016
    @PeggyOlsonFTW do it! My tattoo artist and I can't sync our schedules or I would be getting more work done on my back/half sleeve... I'm dying to get it finished! I won't share on social media until it's finished, but we've been at it over a year (at 50 hours when I stopped counting)!

Edited because mobile makes a mockery of what I want to type.
  • @ladystinson thanks for posting that! I've been needing to add an avatar for months.

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • @LizaKate1213 Ugh. That def sounds WTF worthy & overall infuriating!!   

I was in the process of gif hunting for that hideous post when it go shut down.  I think it is the secondary posters, on threads like that, swooping in to defend the OP that freaking bug me the most.  There were SOOoooo many things wrong and terrible about that thread.  The link, did you actually go read that garbage?!   In-fucking-credibly loathsome.  

I have only been on this board for about a month and am starting to go ape now too.   My level of tolerance is diminishing exponentially with each passing day I spend with you lovelies.

My other WTF is G-D muddy dog prints ALLL over the carpet.   Damn you melting snow & shitty Toll Brother's landscaping!!   I just scrubbed the carpet & know I am going to have to go back over it again, probably with the stupid spot bot thing.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• britters314britters314 member
    edited January 2016
    @MrsBinPA  I think I've seen that person post that link on other threads too and I don't get it because, in addition to it being wrong, it didn't have anything to do with the conversation...

Edited for clarity
  • @PeggyOlsonFTW do it! My tattoo artist and I can't sync our schedules or I would be getting more work done on my back/half sleeve... I'm dying to get it finished! I won't share on social media until it's finished, but we've been at it over a year (at 50 hours when I stopped counting)! Edited because mobile makes a mockery of what I want to type.
    Whoa! That's a lot of time!

*loss mentioned*
    I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger because the elephant is for my losses and I haven't been in a good enough place mentally to do it (and I wanted to make sure it was still something I wanted to do when I was in a good place). And, even though the cost will be minimal, we're in a bit of a financial strain right now so I wasn't sure the money was worth it. But I think I do need to do it soon!

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• WTF is up with me turning my alarm off in my sleep and almost being late for work.  I think I will have to get that app that forces you to take X number of steps before you can turn your alarm off.

Also, WTF is up with people who think the advice "just enjoy your lovemaking" is actually going to make a difference in fertility.  Really, people??
    That's a thing? I need to know about this! That could potentially stop DH from reaching over and hitting snooze for a solid hour+ every morning. Which...

WTF why do alarm clocks (or ya know, phone apps) even offer the option to snooze for over an hour? 10, 15 minutes? Sure that's reasonable I suppose. Over an hour? Uhhh... Like you could have gotten an entire extra hour of good sleep instead of spending it playing wack-a-mole with your alarm.

Also, WTF is with all the posters with had lately who are knottie#s? It is my imagination or have there kind of been a lot of them? They seem to come out of nowhere, post something attention grabbing and then disappear.

I reserve the right to post more WTFs later. I'm in a peevish mood today.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• babymishbabymish member
    edited January 2016
    WTF to my neighbour who apparently signed for a parcel for me yesterday morning and hasnt been home since. Why bother? The delivery office would have been perfectly fine to collect from and I would have my parcel now!!

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @fitlady21 good luck with getting that figured out. I hope they come back with a better answer for you.  I feel for you!
    I have my first appt at my new OBGYN today... I had really bad luck with military medical and am scared (it's a civ doc though). I was told (by military med) that I "kind of had cervical cancer." They did a treatment (they called it a treatment, they scraped my cervix and that was just delightful...) Turns out it was the wrong chart. Found out a few months later at my next "scraping" appointment at a new duty station.
    Anyway, basically saying I really hope they can give you a straight answer (and also reliving fears of past appointments before my appointment today  :# ... that face looks constipated to me, but I mean it more as nervous).

Edited because little known fact 'r' and 't' are not the same letter.

Omg... That is AWFUL!! I don't even want to imagine how mad you were. I am fuming FOR YOU!!!?

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• WTF to amazon, I ordered my mabis BBT and wondfo test strips (OP & PT set) days ago. In the middle of the holidays I would get orders within 2 days, this is telling me its only just shipping today and won't be here until monday. why do things come faster when they're more slammed with orders? and why, when I'm itching to get used to a temping schedule before my next cycle starts (of course fx that wont happen but still) do they decide to take their sweet freaking time? ugh. oh well, such is life
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11

• WtF body shop in the boonies who is repairing my jeep after an accident. We got it back and then it started leaking fluids... So dh crawled underneath it and the ENTIRE UNDERSIDE is Completley mangled!!!!!! we Called them and said "hey uh.... You missed something..." And they respond with" oh... Well we don't actually have a lift". Sooooo.... You knew I went off road down huge rocks in the wreck, you know we were having to drive all the way back to California and needed our vehicle to be safe and... You don't mention that you are basically incapable of making the repairs but take the job anyway? WtF boonies. WtF. We are still waiting on it to be returned by the new shop, and we are sick and tired of being here. I'm homesick for my running trails and my down comforter.

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• @gardeniagirlknits thanks, I was SO mad when I found out (also that means some other woman went untreated). Unfortunately, that was one of the least awful things that happened in the year and a half that I was stationed there. I could seriously write a book on that particular clinic. 
  • @PeggyOlsonFTW do it! My tattoo artist and I can't sync our schedules or I would be getting more work done on my back/half sleeve... I'm dying to get it finished! I won't share on social media until it's finished, but we've been at it over a year (at 50 hours when I stopped counting)! Edited because mobile makes a mockery of what I want to type.
    Whoa! That's a lot of time!

*loss mentioned*
    I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger because the elephant is for my losses and I haven't been in a good enough place mentally to do it (and I wanted to make sure it was still something I wanted to do when I was in a good place). And, even though the cost will be minimal, we're in a bit of a financial strain right now so I wasn't sure the money was worth it. But I think I do need to do it soon!
    That's so understandable and you're right, absolutely take your time. That's a beautiful memorial, and it sounds like you've put a lot of thought into it. I wish I had done that with my first memorial tattoo. It was in honor of my dad's best friend, who was like a second father to me. He was a licensed alligator trapper for the state (Florida), and I grew up trapping with him (not like swamp people!). He passed away and I just got a generic cross type thing, that was in 2007. Last year my tattoo artist drew up a beautiful alligator skull (in all black) with watercolor all over. It's the perfect tattoo to represent him and our time together. My back tattoo has all kinds of little things like that, too (for example an anchor for my grandfather, he was in the Navy-WWII vet- and my inspiration for joining the military, along with other things like that).
    I know it's not the same kind of loss, and my heart goes out to you. I hope when you do go through with it, that it gives you that feeling... I can't describe it. It's not peace, happiness, love, or sorrow, but a combination and so much more. I hope it gives you that piece of yourself. That's how I feel when I see my alligator and the anchor.
    Sorry about the rambling... tattoos and meanings will make me talk forever.
  • WTF to my furbaby...She hasn't earned full freedom during the day out of her crate yet but we've been testing the waters. Today after lunch DH left her in the bedroom. She chewed up a box of tissues. DH wasn't that mad but used a voice that told her she was in trouble. She jumped on the bed and wet it. WTF?! I know she was scared but still!

***********************************************************************************************************************************
    ~Formerly @dogmomwantinghuman ~
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP #1: 11/30/15| MC 12/16/15BFP # 2: 6/2/16 | EDD 2/16/17

• Wtf mouse!
    Why did you have to get stuck in our radio the day that I have ewcm? Dh told me he can't have sex tonight now because throwing the mouse away was too gross. Also wtf dear husband?
    BabyFruit Ticker