1st Trimester

16dpo and still very faint bfp, normal?

Clynne218Clynne218 member
edited January 2016 in 1st Trimester
Hello all, I need some advice or words of wisdom here lol. I know a line is a line, but I'm concerned that at 16dpo my tests are very light. My 10miu super sensitive tests (that I unfortunately ran out of) showed very obvious bfp few days ago. But the frer I took this morning is so faint I'm very worried. I got a blood test today but I won't get the results until tomorrow. Anyone else this faint around this time? I'm only around 4 days late.
The pic is from a few days ago with the 10miu cheapie (fmu) , and the afternoon Walmart one. I couldn't get a good picture of the frer. The lines are darker in person, my phone camera sucks
I also use opks and get ovulation pain so I know when I ovulate (late Jan 9th). Sorry I'm rambling, I'm just really scared

**Image Removed By Admin**  

Re: 16dpo and still very faint bfp, normal?

• Opk and ovulation pains do not promise exactly when you will ovulation. Also, a pregnancy test with a 2nd line means you are indeed pregnant. Not all will grt dark.
    Stop wasting your money on peeing on test.
  • I had a chemical a few months ago so I'm worried. It's not wasting money if it reassures me. Thanks though
  • Loading the player...
  • But not all test will grt darker, so how is that reassuring you? You are here worried.
  • I was looking for reassurance which is why I tested again. Pretty sure many women take more than one test. My issue is that the frer is so light it is frightening me.
  • A line is a line. Some women never grt darker, some get darker and do not have a take home baby.

The darkness of the line has more than the amount of HCG in it. Including dye amounts, dye colorings, urine concentration, how long urine was held for.

If you read the instructions, it will say 'a 2nd line mean you are pregnant, regardless of how faint'.

Very few women get a true line progression.
  • You peed on that. Take it down.
  • I don't see a second line.
  • Just an FYI it is against the bumps terms of use to post pictures of your tests outside of the "what a positive pregnancy test looks like" thread on the 1st trimester board.

this. i suggest posting this on the "What a Positive Pregnancy Test Looks Like" thead & taking the photo down on this thread. it is against TOU to ask if you're pregnant & to post pee stick photos.
  • Please remove the picture.
    As PP mentioned, OPKs and ovulation pain do not indicate for sure when you ovulate.
    Unless you were temping you don't know how many DPOs you were.
    As you said a line is a line. Good luck with your beta results.

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I wish you good luck but suggest as the others you take it down. I'm sorry for your loss but suggest you wait until tomorrow I know it's hard but honestly none of us are dr's and can give your much reassurance and it would be wrong of us to tell you one way or the other.
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• This thread has been closed. Please do not post pictures of your pregnancy test and ask the Community if you are pregnant. Instead, please visit our 1st Trimester board to discuss early possible pregnancy symptoms and the thread pinned to the top of this board called, “What does a positive pregnancy test really look like?” where members are permitted to display their pregnancy tests.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"