February 2016 Moms

Prodromal labor

Last night I was pretty sure I was going into full on labor. I had contractions all day but then they were 8-10 minutes apart for over two hours consistently. And they were the kind of contractions that started in the back and moved all the way to the front lasting on average for about a minute each. I called my doctor and she recommended to stay home till they were closer to 7 minutes apart and that I would get more rest at home than I likely would at the hospital at that point. I was find with this because I knew I would be more likely to sleep at home. Then they got to around 7 minutes apart for about 45 minutes before I actually did fall asleep. When I woke up my contractions had stopped. I have been having discharge with streaks of blood in it on and off for the last two days. Anyone else in a similar situation? I wish this little guy would just make up his mind and either come or sit tight for another week or two. 
BabyFruit Ticker image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Prodromal labor

• That went on for over a week with me before I was induced this week.
  • Your story is exactly like mine. Contractions like crazy but no progress or baby yet? It's really frustrating waiting until they make their apperance!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had prodromal labor with my last baby- contractions for hours at night and then they'd disappear. It messes with you physically and mentally!
    It can be days or weeks but I think the blood is a sign that it should be soon! Once I saw blood I was in active labor.
    Good luck!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's the full moon!

My friend and I both felt horrible last night. I had such intense lower cramps I thought it was about to go down! It went from cramps to a burning sensation and I felt so nauseous...I almost went to the ER but instead took a warm bath and it helped. Last for an hour and a half :(
  • I'm in the same boat. Hang in there!!
    Mama Bear to Ollie, Leilah, and Lennon. Pregnant with Little Moo 2.0 (our rainbow baby). Due 02/14/2016.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yep. Prodromal labor. At least you have some show though!
    S & A married 8.12.2013
    Expecting Saulie O 2.12.2016
  • How do you know there's no progress? Have you been checked yet since? I just ask bc when I went into labor with my last child I was walking around dilated to a 5. So I considered all that prodromal labor worth it bc it got me half way there. On that day she gave me a sweep around 4 or 5pm and I had him that night at 11:43pm.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's good to hear about dilating so far. Last week I was at a 4. Hoping all these contractions have gotten me further so labor is easier when I do finally go all the way into labor. I thought for sure by now with being at a 4 I would have gone into labor by now---clearly not the case.
    BabyFruit Ticker image