Pregnant after 35
Options

Weekly check in 1/22

2»

Re: Weekly check in 1/22

• Options
    lickasticklickastick member
    edited January 2016
    @emsmama15 argh no that sucks! I take activated charcoal for stomach and diarrhea bug sickness. I did a ton of research on it and found a scientific study that actually gave it in pregnancy for gall bladder issues(another function.) Definitely do your own research and listen to your gut on taking it for you. I took some the other night at the first sign of diarrhea and i've had nothing since. It WILL absorb other medications if you take it at the same time as them. Take it a couple hours away from any medication. If you google "activated charcoal pregnancy" a bunch of articles come up so you can be informed on if it might be right for you. Feel better!

@Momona1 congratulations on 40 weeks! Wishing you a graceful easy delivery of your precious girl!
  • Options
    @Momona1 Can't wait to see photos of baby girl! 

@emsmama15 That's awful! I hope you feel better soon. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks @createillumination. I'll check it out! :)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    @Momona1 good luck!!
    @emsmama15 .. This is the only circumstance is say this in but hoping you're symptoms are a GI bug that will pass quickly and not part of the ever so fun first tri.

1. How far along are you? 14 weeks tomorrow
    2. Symptoms?. I think I popped this is baby 3 pregnancy 4, and today I have a bump that is sufficiently hard and firm so as to make put my socks on difficult.. At bedtime last night my stomach was flat. TBD if I can find work pants that fit tomorrow as I worked from home today and enjoyed the benefit of working in my jammies Still ravenously hungry.
    3. Rave. But a cautious one I think the nausea and fatigue are letting up day by day.. I actually forgot to take my diclectin until is been up for a couple hours and the nausea built to the point I remembered, as opposed to waking up at six am with nausea and getting up to take it.
    4. GTKY. I spent four summers as a cook at a remote fly in fishing camp in Canada's North West territories. To get to the camp or its various outposts that i worked at you drive to literally the end of the road in the far north of Saskatchewan and then flew an hour + on a float plane and landed on an uninhabited lake. No electricity, propane stoves, no phones, water that you pumped by generator out of the lake into a tank on an elevated platform. I was oftten the only woman in camp, and even chased bears out of camp on several occasions. It was an incredible experience to see part of the world few people do.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @Momona1 good luck! Delivery is so far away for me, it doesn't seem real. I sort of feel like that's something "future me" will do -- not actual me. I hope everything goes well for you! Enjoy meeting your little girl!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    @bgf1, I actually thought my MS was increasing at 9 weeks when I threw up the first time, but then the other symptoms came and I think it's safe to assume I caught a bug!  My dad has done those fly-in fishing trips in Canada many times.  He LOVES them.  
  • Options
    I feel ur pain @emsmama15:( my son started throwing up Friday night and it hit me last night like a freight train, up all night trading off between puking and the other end ...which felt like contractions. My husband walked in 4 hrs into this to 'check' on me and says, 'so is this going to happen to me in an hr,' he's lucky I was kneeling over the toilet! This is the worst I've had other the food poisoning a long time ago. Pray it goes by quick for you! Just put my toddler to bed and now I'm heading in, anything has to be better then last night!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I think I'm finally on the mend! Thanks for all the happy thoughts and commiserations.  That was awful.  I had to use PTO this week at work, which I'm trying NOT to do these days.  UGH!  I seem to be back to normal.  My hubby and I watched this week's Downton Abbey on DVR and I cried several times.  Geez!