July 2016 Moms
Options

FFFC 1-22

124»

Re: FFFC 1-22

• Options
    @Lindsayleigh1989 I confess I looked for that thread for like ten minutes and then gave up because doing things on my phone with this app is nearly impossible.

Also I got distracted by a wet Mr. Darcy on Oxygen.
  • Options
    FFFC or maybe UO: If you have a problem with your child's teacher or coach or in my case teacher and coach don't come attack us and accuse of being the problem. I work well with most of parents because we have a common interest, the child. The last two weeks have been hell though. A student was dismissed from our program because she was continually disrespectful and showed many instances of unsportsmanlike conduct. I took her playing time away to show her that these behaviors would not be tolerated, but she continued. This is my fault though and I'm the sorriest excuse of a coach she has ever seen and this school deserves much better- all said on Facebook, not to me. Mom is also threatening my teaching license because someone so hateful should not be allowed to work with children. There was another instance tonight about a parent complaining about playing time, kid never has and asks to be taken out of the game because she's tired. Again, it's my fault though.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jlgriff11 mm Darcy
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    Also anyone who complains about the snark on our board and wants to call us mean needs to look up @ladyabagail and read the fffc she posted in and then realize we are sunshine a and rainbows in comparison to that thread.
    WTF did I just read?! What a snatch. I get feeling like someone is kind of stealing your thunder when announcing right after you did, but honestly, I get more excited for my friends/family that get pregnant through fertility treatments, than I do that just "spread their legs" while "making love" like she mentioned. Probably because I have watched them go through a lot of the process, seen how heartbreaking it was for them, know how much money it cost, etc. My reaction, if I was in her place, would have been screaming "SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" and then I would have been totally excited to go through pregnancies together.

I am hoping that whole "person" is MUD.....because that is one cold hearted biotch.
    @Lindsayleigh1989 screw those women! My doctor told me to take sudafed when I was sick a few weeks ago. Those women had no right to act the way they did, and I'm sorry for your terrible experience.

@TattoosandLace I second making your husband sleep outside. I don't know if I could even talk to mine for weeks or months if he was the one responsible for hurting my little fur baby. Sure it was an accident and all, but you need time to heal and process. Men are freaking clueless sometimes. I'm so sorry for your loss and your pain. I hope he can be more empathetic with you.
  • Options
    @Taymiller and to think "sharing is caring" lol ... But I know how you feel. DH wants to cuddle at night!! Bro, I'm trying to sleep here.
  • Options
    Taymiller said:

I hate cosleeping/bed sharing. We are on vacation and Murph will not sleep so I have to resort to bedsharing. I can't sleep when he is in the bed with me. Also bedsharing isn't good enough for him, he wants to body share which is him laying on me. Hey kid, I don't like to touch anyone when I sleep, go away please!!

I'm with you, girl. We were working on getting DD to her crib but then the first trimester fatigue hit and I caved to "she's sleeping more here and I need sleep". Now I'm struggling worse. Hope your little and you get some good sleep soon!
  • Options
    @kayham12 I am so sorry that you are going through this. I think that teachers and coaches are put in some of the hardest positions at times. Not a lot of parents will come out and say it's their child's fault something happen and not a lot of parents are involved in their child's life to truly know that their kids are bad as hell and need some discipline in their lives! I hope this time passes for you soon! **hugs**
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    Reading that FFFC with ladyabagail was beyond infuriating. I felt like I went down the evil rabbit hole. After struggling with infertility for five years it really struck some nasty cords for me. What a nasty piece of sh!t
  • Options
    @kayham12 sorry you're going through that. I've witnessed some horrible accusations targeted at my husband's former boss. It's ridiculous what players and their families will resort to when their "special snowflake" isn't so special afterall. The girl brought a lawsuit against the coach, the school, and some of the college administrators. In the end, it was obvious that the family was a bunch of whack jobs and the player had only Division II talent (recruited by a former coach that had been fired) and that was the reason she wasn't getting playing time at the Division I school. Still not fun to go through, though. With the way things are heading with helicopter parents (and my husband being a male coach of a female sport), I'm sure that won't be the last bit of crazy I see.
  • Options
    @kayham12 I feel you. I have had some of the nastiest things said to me by parents, and it's infuriating. If I didn't really love their kids, I wouldn't be a teacher. It's too hard and doesn't pay well enough to do this otherwise. And I get that every kid is their parent's special snowflake and every mom is a "mama bear" or whatever, but I swear if I ever speak to my child's teachers the way that I have been spoken to OVER THE DUMBEST SHIT, I will have failed my child and myself.

• Options
    @kayham12 I'm sorry you're having to deal with that. Sometimes parents suck. Hopefully this parent will put her head out of her ass soon.
  • Options
    Ok, I was so busy yesterday I didn't have time to read any of this until today. Oh my goodness! These stories! I can't believe some of the things everyone is going through. 

I just have a a confession...I ate deli meat yesterday! AND IT WAS SO GOOD! Now I also want a hotdog for lunch. Is it almost baseball season? I want a stadium hotdog bad!
    Mommy to an angel baby and a sweet little girl Earth side.
  • Options
    @quartz02 I feel for any man that coaches girls/women. It is difficult to coach as a woman, it is a man's world. Women's athletics would be largely underserved if there weren't men willing to coach girls. It is also so hard to be a coaches family, which is why this is my last year, at least for a few years.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @pandaferh ohhh that post you included gave me the feels. My mom had to do fertility treatments in order to have me and I remember reading different family members writing that I was such a miracle. It made me so mad to read her speak so negatively about babies who come from fertility treatments!!
  • Options
    Taymiller said:
    I hate cosleeping/bed sharing. We are on vacation and Murph will not sleep so I have to resort to bedsharing. I can't sleep when he is in the bed with me. Also bedsharing isn't good enough for him, he wants to body share which is him laying on me. Hey kid, I don't like to touch anyone when I sleep, go away please!!
    I love that your kids name is Murph!

Taymiller said:

I love that your kids name is Murph!