July 2016 Moms
Options

TGIF!!!!

Happy Friday!!! What's going on for the weekend ladies? Anything fun? Anyone getting a snow storm?

I live in ny and we usually always get the snow but it seems we may just get scrape by without it! Although they added NYC to the warning list of cities today and I'm only 2 hrs from there! I guess we shall see!

I'm going to karaoke with some girlfriends tomorrow night which should be fun! I haven't sang much more than a nursery rhyme these days so that will be refreshing!

Re: TGIF!!!!

• Options
    Tonight I'm going to a fellow gym-goer's house for her birthday. We will be watching both Pitch Perfect movies. Tomorrow is gym and then working on student assessments before a family dinner. That's it for me...besides lots of laundry and browsing BRU and BBB for nursery ideas :wink:
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Tonight is triple date night with two of DH'S best friends from college and their SOs, we're going to play Exploding Kittens, I've heard it's hilarious! Our snow is supposed to start tonight and accumulate about 18 inches by Sunday, so we will probably stay in the rest of the weekend and start purging some of our junk to make room for baby stuff. :)
  • Options
    I'm getting ready to be snowed in tonight. We're supposed to get 12-18 inches, so I have big plans to curl up with DH and some blankets for the entire weekend.

Also, I'm sure it's probably fine, but I'm using this pregnancy as an excuse to not shovel snow. At all.
  • Options
    Dh turned 30 this week, so I booked a hotel and we're headed to Portland Me for the weekend. This would possibly be the first time going up there in 4 years on his birthday with out it snowing, to the ladies that are getting snow this weekend, my condolences. 

Me: 30, DH: 31

Married: May 16th 2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH is a college coach and DD and I are going on our first away game trip on the team's plane. I'm excited! We're leaving FL for a place with snow. I'm happy for DD because she remembers playing in the snow last year when we lived in another state.
  • Options
    I live in the DC so I am waiting for this snow to come. My husband and I are doing a Harry Potter marathon Saturday and then I will most likely be doing a winter cleaning. I'm more than certain my neighbors will not allow me to help shovel at all, which I am cool with. 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    Taking my first prenatal yoga class this weekend with my friend who's due beginning of July! Has anyone taken it before? Any advice for a first timer?
  • Options
    oooh another NYer!

I plan on just sleeping in and doing nothing as I sit by the window and watch the snow fall. I love snow so it will be awesome. As we get closer to the weekend, the report for NYC is getting worse so we will see how much snow we get in the end!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

amoung others - I will be in a Blizzard warning expecting 18-24" of snow.  So, i will be doing a snow dance all weeking hoping school is cancelled (at least for Monday).  Teacher problems :P 

Which also means, I will be planning this weekend to try to get a jump start.  Our semester changes on Monday so we get new kids to torture, I mean teach. 

Making cookies too :) I love baking when it snows.

Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in TX, so no snow here. We are going to my sisters house this weekend. DH got a ticket to this band he loves. Emery. They only sold 50 tickets per show and it's a sit down and chat kinda thing. He's so freakin excited. Is it also bad that I love the name Emery and might name my daughter after a band?! Haha
  • Options
    I'm in Colorado- possible snow Sunday. DH probably wants to do something more fun but all I want to do is sew! Bibs and trying my hand at homemade cloth diapers are up. I swear I was cool once...
  • Options
    Riveting weekend at our house. Laundry, dishes, picking up toys, cleaning bathrooms and floors...woo. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Boston got buried last year with snow so I'm happy to be in the "dusting to 3" " band! I got my grocery shopping and errands done today and will spend the weekend watching football, cleaning and doing laundry. Love three-day weekends!
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    @sboston06 that's great news! My family is all in Quincy/South Shore area and it was a really rough winter for sure! I worry about my grandmas, especially!
  • Options
    I'm home sick today again which sucks because I hate playing catch up! But I'm going to try to make it to the gym tonight to at least walk. Looking forward to lots of rest though today
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    I have to work all freakin' weekend :(. Have fun those of you who actually have lives this weekend!
  • Options
    Working on my results section all weekend (and next week) and staying indoors to avoid Narnia, I mean Nebraska. :#
  • Options
    No major plans. DH is going hunting (possibly), and I am having lunch with a friend on Saturday. Then Sunday we have to go to my parents to rip out their counter tops. DH has been at work since 7 am yesterday due to weather related problems (he works for the water department for a village and has to fix main breaks and such, which get worse when its so freaking cold), he will be super cranky tonight. So mostly I plan to avoid him this weekend. 
  • Options
    My DH is going ice fishing today and tomorrow morning so I am planning on being lazy and catching up on the Bachelor and Pretty Little Liars while he's gone. When he gets back we are going to attempt to take down wallpaper in the baby's room! Wish us luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    X-Files bar trivia tomorrow! Everything else is boring. 
  • Options
    chanfachanfa member
    edited January 2016
    I've been sitting at my kitchen table, watching Today, trying to figure out what I feel like doing on my day off... To be productive or not? Workout or not? Attempt to fill out this baby book or not. I'm in an existential crisis.
    bump all day!

ETA: I'm not helping am I?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Laying on the couch with saltine Sprite blanket and making a murderer

• Options
    My husband said that there are people fighting over carts at our supermarket. All I wanted him to get that was important for the weekend was ice cream and hot dogs. I have been craving both for a really long time (not together, cause that's weird)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DH might have to work tomorrow, and he is going to work on our property (we bought 30 acres of land last month) on Sunday for a few hours. So it's probably going to be me and DS entertaining each other for the bulk of the weekend. I got my fill of MIL last weekend, so I won't be inviting her over anytime soon for baby-sitting... I'll just suck it up and either not have a date night for a couple weeks or shell out some cash for an actual sitter.
  • Options
    We're getting a wintry mix, so I'll be parking my ass in bed in front of a Dr. Who marathon. I am so ready for that.

• Options
    The husband and I got massage goft cards for Christmas, and scheduled that appointment for tomorrow morning. Afterward, we're going to help my mom car shop! I don't mind car shopping, when it's for someone else and not my money being spent, haha!! I'm also on a huge spring cleaning kick....early obviously. I've been using this awesome neighborhood website to list pieces of furniture from our old guest room, "mancave" (about to be play room), etc...Gotta buy those diapers!!! :)
  • Options
    DH has been in NY for work all week with me still not feeling great. He's supposed to fly back tonight and I am praying the storm doesn't slow him down.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @elenabrent that sounds heavenly. On Netflix or BBC America?
  • Options
    ncm1919ncm1919 member
    edited January 2016
    @quartz02 I'm in da Q. Is that your hometown?
  • Options
    My husband I are both off somehow today so we had a nice lunch together and are hunkering down for a Mad Max marathon. There's a 95% chance I pass out on the couch with the snoogle
  • Options
    @elenabrent @marowan I am so behind in dr who I need to catch up badly!

• Options
    @Lindsayleigh1989 Ooh, what season are you on?
  • Options
  • Options
    marowan said:

@Lindsayleigh1989 Ooh, what season are you on?

I last saw when the new dr arrived and haven't seen any full episodes with him yet