2nd Trimester
Options

Grade 2 placenta at 18 weeks! HELP!

I was 18 + 5 weeks and I had an ultrasound with doppler and it showed that my placenta is grade II already. The tech lady said everything looked good. But I'm still concerned about having a placenta so old at this stage of pregnancy. It also showed average amniotic liquid and baby was 250g.

I don't smoke and my blood pressure was norrmal. I'm overweight, 24 years, eating good, first pregnancy. I'm using aspirin and enoxaparin because I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks.

Also had a small infecction treated with antibiotics.

I'm now 21+5. I had another scan done at my doctor's office and baby was okay and measuring properly.

Anyone went through the same and had a healthy deliver? 

Re: Grade 2 placenta at 18 weeks! HELP!

• Options
    What did you Dr say?
  • Options
    She said, "I have never see anyone grading a placenta at 18 weeks (what????)."

And came all saying that "not all techs are good at all and that I should wait untill a new ultrasound at 24 weeks".

Nothing else.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would trust your dr. If the tech was really concerned they would have let your dr know and there are a lot of techs I have dealt with a few who say things they have no place saying :) try to ease in the fact that your dr isn't concerned and the baby is healthy !
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    MarcyTF said:

And came all saying that "not all techs are good at all and that I should wait untill a new ultrasound at 24 weeks".

Nothing else.

Okay so did you ask any follow up questions? In case you're unaware, most of us here on TB don't have any medical training. So these questions are best left answered by your doctor who knows your health history, pregnancy health, etc.
  • Options
    My doctor is not helpful. Neither no one of my family. I already struggled with infertility and had a miscarriage. They all think I'm crazy and hypochondriac. I was making questions about the placenta and my doctor asked my husband if I didn't have anything better to occupy my mind with. I'm constantly worried and I Googled some info about grade 2 placenta at 18 weeks and I didn't find good outcomings.

So I'm wondering if anyone went through the same and managed to give birth without any issues.
  • Options
    MarcyTF said:

Nothing else.

This is because it's possible to have a false positive at 18 weeks and they won't have definitive answers until after 24 weeks. The fact that your amniotic fluid was good and baby was measuring appropriately at your last u/s is all great news and everything is probably fine. Did they schedule you for for an u/s at 24 weeks or sooner?
  • Options
    cMichelle0423cMichelle0423 member
    edited January 2016

Op, if your doctor isn't helping you through this and won't answer follow up questions, why haven't you switched?

Serious question, not being snarky.

Yes. This.... You're paying your doctor to provide you with proper care. This includes giving you the information about your pregnancy. If you're not getting quality care by your current Doctor, I highly recommend switching to a better doctor. This is the person you're trusting with your health.... As well as the health of your baby.
  • Options
    Wait a minute OP you say you are a googler did your dr say this because you are worried every appointment maybe? Also not snark just serious because if you dr tried to put you at ease saying the tech was probably wrong as a pp mentioned since it's too early for a full result maybe they were trying to help you lighten up. Also yes your family like us probably don't have a lot of advice to offer on the subject then what had been given, either trust your dr and relax or switch

• Options
    Well, I don't have much options at all. I'm not living on my own country right now and trust me the doctors here are bad. I have been to 4 doctors last year. Even the most expensive one in the area, made me wait 1 hour and half at his Clinic and when he finally saw me, he "kicked me out" of the office after a 5 minutes talk. I didn't even have the opportunity to ask him any questions...I was not even pregnant back then. 

I was checking my 13th week ultrasound and it says placenta grade I, and it's supposed to be grade 0. So I'm not surprised that I had a grade II placenta at 18 weeks. My next ultrasound will be in 2 weeks. That's when the doctor said the placenta grading should be accurate.

I found this website during my researches. So I thought I would hear from someone else who went through the same and ended up being all fine.

I'm not a negative person. I'm just scared, I want this baby so much. I want to be sure that I'm doing all the best for her. I want to protect her by any means.

• Options
    MarcyTF said:
    Well, I don't have much options at all. I'm not living on my own country right now and trust me the doctors here are bad. I have been to 4 doctors last year. Even the most expensive one in the area, made me wait 1 hour and half at his Clinic and when he finally saw me, he "kicked me out" of the office after a 5 minutes talk. I didn't even have the opportunity to ask him any questions...I was not even pregnant back then. 

I was checking my 13th week ultrasound and it says placenta grade I, and it's supposed to be grade 0. So I'm not surprised that I had a grade II placenta at 18 weeks. My next ultrasound will be in 2 weeks. That's when the doctor said the placenta grading should be accurate.

I found this website during my researches. So I thought I would hear from someone else who went through the same and ended up being all fine.

I'm not a negative person. I'm just scared, I want this baby so much. I want to be sure that I'm doing all the best for her. I want to protect her by any means.

It appears you will have to wait until your next ultrasound in order to find anything out. In the mean time, try and relax and keep busy. There isn't anything you can do in the meantime. Not to sound snarky, but you mention 4 different doctors which I'm assuming means 4 different appointments for non-pregnancy related issues. Are you having other medical issues?
  • Options
    MarcyTFMarcyTF member
    edited January 2016
    I have PCOS and back then I was looking for a doctor to help me to conceive. In the end, I didn't like any of them and had to stick to my main doctor (who is the one I'm seeing now since I got pregnant).

Luckily, I managed to get pregnant "naturally" twice. With the help of a yam supplement. 

• Options
    Girl just chill... seriously.

I went and did my own research and based on what I'm finding. .. grading a placenta in the manor yours was done is an older more archaic practice. Some of the articles with the most info date back to the early 1960s and man! Things have come along way since then.
    The grade can actually be attributed to normal findings.... that back then we're cause for concern. Honest.... just relax... eat well drink well remain active and let's all wait with you for the next scan....
  • Options

MarcyTF said:

I have PCOS and back then I was looking for a doctor to help me to conceive. In the end, I didn't like any of them and had to stick to my main doctor (who is the one I'm seeing now since I got pregnant).

Luckily, I managed to get pregnant "naturally" twice. With the help of a yam supplement. 

.... what?
    I'm over here like..
  • Options
    msuzannahmsuzannah member
    edited January 2016
    **Removed for TOU Violation**
  • Options
    I dunno why are you acting like this? You are all very mean. I can't even believe this a page to support pregnant women.

Yam has phytoestrogens, just like soy. Phytoestrogens have the mechanism to block the estrogens receptors, making your body to produce more estrogen. When producing more estrogen, your follicles grow. When you stop the phytoestrogen, your body understands it's time to ovulate and you ovulate.

It's the same mechanism of Clomid and so on.

Instead of making stupid jokes, you should Google. Research soy isoflavones. I totally mistake to come here and ask for help and find so much vile women here who don't care about people's feelings. Especially regarding someone who battled against infertility, PCOS and had a miscarriage...

I better stick to the forums of my own country... Shame on you.
  • Options
    MarcyTFMarcyTF member
    edited January 2016
    **Removed for TOU Violation** 

https://www.livestrong.com/article/128484-wild-yam-fertility/

https://natural-fertility-info.com/reproductive-system-support-for-women-with-wild-yam.html

https://www.fertilityafter40.com/yams-ovulation--fertility.html

"But herbalists believe that wild yam taken in the first two weeks of a menstrual cycle improves fertility by converting diosgenin into two other hormones essential for ovulation, luteinizing hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone."
  • Options
    They were teasing you and I believe the first person was actually asking about how yam actually works instead of taking everything so seriously just post your articles and explain.

Most of these women have had the same struggles as you and were not making light of your struggles.

Also it is very unfair to call people "vile women" many of us actually tried to help you but honestly I'm having a hard time to see what you want. We tried put your fears to rest or suggest you see a new dr but you seemed set on being upset and staying with your dr. So we tried...

• Options
    Maybe you should listen to your doctor when they tell you it's fine instead of coming to this forum full of "vile women." Reported.
  • Options

This thread has been closed to new posts due to the discussion’s shift to an unwelcoming tone. Creating threads in direct response to this one will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump Community.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"