2nd Trimester

Diagnosing PUPPP

Hello-
I'm 19 weeks pregnant and about two weeks ago, I went to our family doctor with a mild, but itchy, rash. Without paying much attention to it...he said it was scabies! I freaked out! Since then, I have been psychologically damaged and cleaning non-stop, I don't sleep...it's awful!

Anyways, today I went to a dermatologist for a second opinion and he said it was no way scabies and was PUPPP. He gave me a cream to use and wants to see me in a week. Idk if I am just seeing super extreme cases online or if I'm back to square one! Help!! Attached is a picture!

Re: Diagnosing PUPPP

• Have u checked with your ob? PUPPP is something they need to know about.... like now... not in a week.
  • Please get off of the internet and call your OB. Like now.
    None of us can diagnose this for you.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Loading the player...
  • PUPP can be bad news, agreed that you need to give your OB a call because they need to know or at least have a chance to look themselves and determine if they agree or not.
  • Not a Doctor but I had PUPPS with my first pregnancy. IMO, that doesn't look like PUPPS. This pregnancy I thought I was developing PUPPS again but I figured out my "new" stretch marks are just super itchy. The rash with PUPPS looks different and spreads fast. My rash started around the belly button and spread to my whole stomach and upper legs first, then to my lower legs and arms. This was all within a week of first noticing the rash/ itch. The itching is also uncontrollable and no lotions or anti-itch creams work for it. If you're able to stop the itching or take your mind off of it for a while, it's not PUPPS (IMO). The itching was all I could think about 24/7.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Hope you're doing better and have talked to your OB by now. Also, ITA with @yodapup ^

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama!