Ohio Babies

Columbus Moms!

kitandcatkitandcat member
edited July 2021 in Ohio Babies
Hello Columbus Moms!

I just found this board and it seems to have fizzled out... I'm hoping to revamp it and get some new and exciting information from Columbus Moms!

My name is Sarah... my husband and I moved to New Albany OH from Des Moines IA in February 2015. I'm due with my first child on May 21st 2016! Even though we've been here for almost a year, I still feel super new to the area. I have so many Columbus questions!

First of all... any suggestions for maternity/newborn photographers in the area?

Also - any recommendations for fun classes to take during pregnancy or classes with other moms and newborns when the time comes?

Are there any meeting groups out there for Columbus Moms, whether new moms or moms with newborns? I would love to get to know some great women in the area who are experiencing similar life changes!! :) 

Thanks for your help! 

Re: Columbus Moms!

• Hello!! My name is Teressa and I also just recently found this board and was hoping it would be more active! DH and I live in Westerville and we are due June 25th with our first little one so we have close due dates! I would love to know the answers to your questions too!
  • kitandcatkitandcat member
    edited January 2016
    @MrsB8214 I guess it has officially fizzled out!! :-) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello!! I'm Kelsey and me and my husband are expecting our first due March 30 :). We live in worthington! I have been searching for a decently priced newborn photographer too with no real luck without spending a fortune!

Once the baby is a little older my sister in law loves taking my nephew to Gymboree classes, I think they are in gahanna!

I don't know of any other meetings etc but would be interested too!!
  • Hi!  I'm Dawn and my husband and I have an almost two year old with another on the way hopefully soon!  I'm glad to see people on here again as it fizzled out after I had my first. 
  • NycbkNycbk member
    I would love to help out but we have yet to move to Columbus from Connecticut. But if anyone does come across any fun classes or groups please share! My little lady is 6 months on June 25th and we are hoping to move there in August. Also, @MrsB8214 do you like Westerville? That is one area we are strongly looking at. Do you feel the uptown area has some fun things to do ie restaurants, coffee shops, bars, etc? We loved the walkable area plus having the bike paths and community pool access. :)
  • Hey yall!! I'm Porsche' my husband and I have live in ohio for about 4 years. Moved here from Texas. :) we don't live in columbus but about 40 minutes north. But we live in a sssuuuuuppppeeeeerrrrrr small area and there isn't a group for me that's more local than Cbus. Anywho. For any of you looking for a photographer.  I know I'm a little far but I am a photographer specializing in newborns. :) I love me some babies. Which is why I'm due with baby boy number 5 in December 2016! Yep we've got 4 boys already and number 5 will be here before we know it. Anywho! You can look me up on facebook "Pictures by: Porsche'" that's me. I know that I've got great newborn prices ($80/hour!) Right now sessions are on sale for $60/hour! Even some photographers around here charge $160 even there's a lady like 30 minutes from me who charges $300!! I couldn't image ever paying that for pictures so I guess I'm more of a people's photographer lol.  Not trying to get rich just enjoying doing what I love for a great price. Also wanted to throw this in in there for any of you who still haven't made friends you should contact your local MOPS group it's a Christian organization ran by local moms and it's for pregnant woman up to moms with the child finishing 1st grade. :) I'm the coordinator of my local area mops and we have a ton of fun. It's not a bible study or anything like that. Rather a group of moms who get together (with childcare!) And enjoy each others company and may groups have food and coffee! Our group always does. LOL 
  • My husband and I just had our sweet baby girl on July 21st, looking for other mommy's to hang out with the babe and I! :)