June 2015 Moms
Options

Healthy Mamas - Jan 2016

Let's start the new year off right! Any health /nutrition goals you want to share? Anything you're looking forward to this year?

Re: Healthy Mamas - Jan 2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My goal is to get in some cardio once a week & continue yoga 3 days a week. Mostly I want to cook more & eat clean.

• Options
    This week my goal is to walk the dog/or if my hubby is able to watch the baby go for a run. More days than I don't. If that makes sense
  • Options
    Goal is to do at least 2 strength training videos a week to get my body toned like it was pre baby.
  • Options
    I am starting the 8 week challenge on toneitup.com tomorrow (free). Need to commit to something to get me back on track. I'm meal prepped and ready to go!

Overall, I have goals set for eating clean, drinking more water, and getting in workouts at least 3-4 times a week. Summer will be here before I know it and I need to get serious!!
  • Options
    @swaugh14 Your summer comment reminded me we're going to Belize in March. Crap, I have to wear a swimsuit!
  • Options
    @Sammy K Eeek! March is MUCH closer - you're in a good routine though it sounds like! You'll be ready!
  • Options
    @Mommaswizz how are you doing with the tea? I realized it works so much better when I really boil the water and no just use the keurig.
  • Options
    @elruby I slacked on my tea over the holidays but I was back at it last night. I definitely feel lighter now lol. Hoping to keep up with it every night this week. That's another goal of the week.
  • Options
    I started doing yoga at home regularly again. LO is now content to play while I do it which is nice although he likes to show me how much better his upward facing dog is
  • Options
    I've rejoined the YMCA, and my goal is to go twice during the work week and once on the weekend. If I can make that schedule happen on a regular basis, I'll add more days.

I didn't work out during pregnancy, and, even though I was an endurance runner in the past, I'm starting from scratch. I'm doing a mile warmup each time I go. I've already dropped 50 seconds off my time, and I'll eventually add laps to work my endurance back up. Maybe I'll be in shape enough to run a late spring 5k.

I'm using the elliptical and weight circuit machines when I go. 30 minute workouts for now.

• Options
    Anyone have any luck with a treadmill in the home? I want one for the sole purpose of winning Fitbit challenges... DS says it will just collect dust and become a clothes dryer lol
  • Options
    I second a trainer... I'm not a fan of treadmills as your body works differently in comparison to pushing off real ground. We did own one, it collected dust, then we converted it to a walking desk... It's still collecting dust, gotta get rid of it
  • Options
    ElRuby said:

Anyone have any luck with a treadmill in the home? I want one for the sole purpose of winning Fitbit challenges... DS says it will just collect dust and become a clothes dryer lol

DH and I have thousands of miles on our treadmill. He uses it daily in the winter, and I used to. We've had it for several years. Running is pretty much all we do, though.

We dropped the Y membership when we bought the treadmill with the intention that what we'd save on the Y would be used to fund the treadmill, more or less.

I just rejoined the Y because I need more machines and the pool right now. DH will still mostly use the treadmill because he finds it convenient to work out at home.
  • Options
    I am currently running from one end of my house to another during commercial breaks ... I look crazy lol but I want to reach my 10000 steps!
  • Options
    ElRuby said:

I am currently running from one end of my house to another during commercial breaks ... I look crazy lol but I want to reach my 10000 steps!

If you want a treadmill, look for a used one from someone using it as a clothes hanger.
  • Options
    ElRuby said:

I remember this from my first days with a step counter. I need to get the magic back!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @ElRuby My mother fashioned a laptop board onto the treadmill so I try to walk slowly on it for at least an hour a couple times a week, when I work from home. I also like to put LO in a carrier and walk on it about once a week, or when he's tired for a nap but can't go to sleep. He passes out, and I either work or play a podcast.

Goals: One exercise class a week (yoga or Pilates), one walk a week with my dad or MIL, and daily treadmill (no time minimum). I'd like to do more, but that's all realistic and meeting that will be a mental achievement.
    I also want to stop the weight gain that happened during the holidays, and keep my current weight as my maximum.
  • Options
    I hit over 10,000 steps today yay!!

My fit bit app will not sync though, boo! How many times can a girl restart her phone?! I'm a crazy person who feels these steps don't count unless I can see them tracked lol
  • Options
    @ElRuby We got a treadmill and I love it! Especially with a baby not having to take the extra time to leave the house. I think it's like anything - if you're motivated to workout, you'll use it. If you're not, then you'll find an excuse not to.

And by "you," I don't mean you directly. Haha!
  • Options
    I just ate a giant bowl of pasta.
  • Options

I hit over 10,000 steps today yay!!

My fit bit app will not sync though, boo! How many times can a girl restart her phone?! I'm a crazy person who feels these steps don't count unless I can see them tracked lol

It never records my stairs which pisses me off!
  • Options
    I had to restart the fitbit (or rather DH did) and it's back to tracking it on the app again! WIN! Re-motivated :)
  • Options
    OK, my grazing is getting out of control.  Just got LO on a feeding schedule, so it's time to put myself back on one. 
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Options
    ^^^ I'm with you on the grazing. My problem is I don't eat a very good lunch--usually yogurt & granola. It's not bad but doesn't stick with me, so by 3, I'm stuffing my face with chips or something.
  • Options
    Sammy K said:

I eat well at work because I bring food. At home is where I struggle. And we have all of these Christmas cookies in the freezer that MIL made. They're not even that good and I still eat them.

I didn't run this week because it's been sleeting and raining since Wed and I'm just not that hard core any more. But I did go to the indoor climbing gym with a friend and had a blast! I should be good and sore tomorrow.

Will I ever get that hardcore again?

I keep thinking of all the people who run after having kids. Surely I'll get back there, right?

• Options
    423ang said:
    I eat well at work because I bring food. At home is where I struggle. And we have all of these Christmas cookies in the freezer that MIL made. They're not even that good and I still eat them. I didn't run this week because it's been sleeting and raining since Wed and I'm just not that hard core any more. But I did go to the indoor climbing gym with a friend and had a blast! I should be good and sore tomorrow.
    Will I ever get that hardcore again? I keep thinking of all the people who run after having kids. Surely I'll get back there, right?
    Even though I've been making steady progress, it does seem pretty impossible at this point (especially for an old lady like me). I too have some hard core parent friends, but it took them a while to get there. 

Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)