September 2016 Moms
Options

What Date Is Your First Scan?

Re: What Date Is Your First Scan?

• Options
    I'll be approx 8 weeks on 2/1 and my ob will schedule it after that
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow, congratulations @UnwritteN12. My first appointment is scheduled for 1/25 and the lady who made the appointment on the phone said they'd schedule an ultrasound at that appointment so I'm guessing sometime within that week or the next. So, around 7-8 weeks.
  • Options
    Mine is in 2 weeks on the 18th. I'm very anxiously waiting for time to pass. I'll be 7 weeks and I've only made it that far once.
  • Options
    Congratulations @UnwritteN12!!!
    My scan is next Tues and really hoping that bean has dug itself deep in the right place... Twins would def be a bonus which I know my DH would be over the moon about.
    All the best for your future scans!
  • Options
    My 1st appointment is Feb 3 and I will be 8w1d.  I am going to a new doc and this is the 1st time I have ever had a scan before 20 weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • Options
    First appointment is 1/28.  Last time I got an U/S the following day for dating purposes - Given that I ovulate late in my "cycle" (I don't cycle without provera/clomid), I am assuming they will want to check things out again - so hopefully soon after the 28th.  Last time I only had that dating ultrasound and the 20 week anatomy scan.  I wouldn't trade anything for another easy pregnancy, but it's hard to only see that bugger once or twice throughout the 40 weeks!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just scheduled it for 1/22, which by my count, is only 6 weeks. But the receptionist thought I may be farther along because my last period was only 2 days. Although I did take a pregnancy restart the time, which I told them. But I'm happy to get to see this little squish sooner!

IAmPregnant Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP - 01/04/2016; EDD - 09/15/2016 DS #1 - 07/2014
  • Options
    I have a "phone appt" with the nurse next week and then a scan on the 28th of this month. No blood draws though until then which in a little annoyed about. I'll be 9 weeks at my first U/S.
  • Options
    My first scan is scheduled for January 25th - can't wait!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    First appointment and ultrasound is on the 18th. I'll only be 6w1d but they thing I'll be 8 and change because of my LMP. I don't mind though. I'm excited to see the little bean!!
  • Options
    Mine is on the 19th! I will be 7w2d.

• Options
    Does anyone else have group health? I asked to get my levels checked but they won't request it until I have my "phone appt" which isn't until I'm 7 wks. Wtf?
  • Options

My first u/s isn't until 2/23 when I'll be 11 weeks. Boo. First appointment is 2/1. Hoping to convince them to move up the u/s.

Congrats @mojiejo on twins!

Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks @PSUBecky23!  I'm laughing at the u/s looking like two googly eyes in my uterus.  I told hubby we should stick a pair of the stick-on ones on one of the copies. :lol: 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    @PSUBecky23 I feel your pain! I just got back from my family doc and first u\s and bldwk will be at the end of February when I am around 12 weeks.... sucks. I'm hopeful that after the OB referral goes through they will want one sooner but I'm not getting my hopes up.
  • Options
    1/14 is our first US at 6w5d. Can't wait!
    TTC for Baby #1 for 3 years. After 2 failed IUI's & IVFs, God blessed us with our miracle :).  FET 12/17/15 (transferred 2 embryos at 5days). First Beta 12/29/15 = 354. Second Beta 12/31/15 = 694. Third Beta 1/7/16 = 6,695.  Finally heard his heartbeat (126)  on 1/14/16 @ our 1st US.  2nd US on 1/21/16, HR was 159.  The most beautiful sound ever :) 
  • Options
    I'm somewhere around 4.5 weeks, and I haven't even called my doctor. I don't plan to call until around 8 weeks, so my first ultrasound will be around 9 or 10 weeks.

I have fibroids and I don't know my due date because of irregular cycles due to breast feeding, so I have two reasons to need an early ultrasound eventually. Still, I'm in no rush. Scheduling the ultrasound earlier won't change anything, and by my fourth pregnancy I'm happy to skip a doctor's appointment or two.
    Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.
  • Options
    I'll be going in on the 11th at 5w4d.
    ME: 28  Wife: 28
    Together since June 2005 - Married May 2015 - TTC since July 2015
    Dx: PCOS and Donor Sperm

**Trigger Warning**
    08/2015 at home IUI = BFN
    IUI #1 - 11/2015 - 50MG Clomid + 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI #2 - 12/2015 - 100MG Clomid + 150MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFP (Miscarried @ 13w3d)
    IUI #3 - 07/2016 - 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI #4 - 08/2016 - 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = ???

• Options
    My first scan is 1/20 and I will be 6w1d. I'm excited scared and nervous. And currently hungry. Lol.
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Dating U/S on 1/26 at 6+3

Me (23) & DH (26)
    TTC #1 since 2/2015
    BFP 2/26/15    |     EDD 11/4/15     |     Natural M/C 3/11/12 @ 6 weeks
    BFP 6/17/15    |     EDD 2/26/15     |     Empty Sac 7/13/15  @ 7 weeks     |    D&C 8/10/15
    BFP 11/26/15  |     EDD 8/9/16       |     Natural M/C 12/2/15 @ 4 weeks
    BFP 1/4/16      |     EDD 9/8/16       |     It's a BOY!                                      |     Hudson born 9/16/16
    Working with RE to begin infertility testing 12/2015

• Options
    I had my first ultrasound at 5 wks 4 days. Not a lot to see at that point, just a yolk sac and a small speck for the baby. I have my next ultrasound in two weeks, putting me at 7 weeks 4 days. My US schedule is excessive, I know, because I am high risk. Last pregnancy I had my first one at 7 and a half weeks and another for my genetic test at 13 weeks. Hope this is helpful!
  • Options
    Mine is the 21st of this month, beyond excited!
  • Options
    I was schedule for first ultra sound and appointment with dr on 1/26 which would have had me @ 8 wks 1 day, but I'm off later in the week that Friday, 1/29? so i'll be 8 wks 3 days? Anxious and excited and glad that we'll have an U/S done then and DH will be with me  :)
  • Options
    I only just got a BFP, but I'm hoping for an appointment on 2/15 (president's day) so that I don't have to take off work. I should be just shy of 9 weeks at that time.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I go at 8 weeks for a dating scan (my OB office does them for everyone).

I saw that way back on page one @mali0902 asked if she should take her husband. I say YES!! At my first scan with DS, DH was at the dating ultrasound and that first moment we heard the heartbeat together was one of the best moments of our marriage. It was fantastic. And I hate to say it, but you would also want the support of your husband in the case that the scan gives bad news.

• Options
    marajay6 said:
    I go at 8 weeks for a dating scan (my OB office does them for everyone). I saw that way back on page one @mali0902 asked if she should take her husband. I say YES!! At my first scan with DS, DH was at the dating ultrasound and that first moment we heard the heartbeat together was one of the best moments of our marriage. It was fantastic. And I hate to say it, but you would also want the support of your husband in the case that the scan gives bad news.

I agree. With my 2nd pregnancy, we found out it was a blighted ovum at the first appointment/ultrasound. I couldn't imagine going through that without him.  HE wil
    Me (23) & DH (26)
    TTC #1 since 2/2015
    BFP 2/26/15    |     EDD 11/4/15     |     Natural M/C 3/11/12 @ 6 weeks
    BFP 6/17/15    |     EDD 2/26/15     |     Empty Sac 7/13/15  @ 7 weeks     |    D&C 8/10/15
    BFP 11/26/15  |     EDD 8/9/16       |     Natural M/C 12/2/15 @ 4 weeks
    BFP 1/4/16      |     EDD 9/8/16       |     It's a BOY!                                      |     Hudson born 9/16/16
    Working with RE to begin infertility testing 12/2015

• Options
    Thank you @marajay6! He will be there! The days seem to be moving at a glacial pace, and it's killing me!
  • Options
    Got a date for my first scan - next Wednesday the 20th! I will be 6w1d and my OB is optimistic, hopefully I can see the baby AND the heartbeat and start to feel like it's more real!
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Had first scan today (due to losses) thought approx 6 weeks LMP Us tech thought more 5 weeks, seemed optimistic saw gestional sac and yolk sac to soon for heartbeat, going back 1/22 hoping for a heart beat!! FX and lots of prayers welcome!!
  • Options
    All the best for your next scan @xtina22312 in seeing the HB.
    I have mine today for the same reason (previous ectopics)
  • Options
    February 11. I'll be 8 weeks and some change. So you know, like forever from now.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My first scan is 2/4, right around 8 weeks.

• Options
    I will be going February 12th. (9 weeks 5 days)
  • Options
    Our first ultrasound won't be until 20 weeks unless something occurs where they want to perform one before then.   As I don't have any previous history that would warrant an early ultrasound, I have to wait until the 20 wk mark. :(   Unless something else comes up after that, it may also be our one and only US. 

I have my first appointment in two weeks (8 wk), which will be the intial appointment, discussion, physical, and blood tests.   I'll have another appointment at 10 wks and get to hear the heartbeat then, but other then at 20 wks, there's no other US planned unless circumstances warrant it.    At other appointments though, I'll get to hear the heartbeat again.  It stinks to only get one US, but if that means all signs are pointing towards a healthy baby - I'm ok with one US....at least that's what I keep trying to tell myself.
  • Options
    We had our first US on 1/7 at 6 weeks 1 day. It was transvaginal (since it was pretty early), and we saw the heartbeat. We have the photos on the fridge. My DH came with, and my OB was glad that he had because she asked him questions about his family history.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    January 26th at 7 weeks