September 2016 Moms

What Date Is Your First Scan?

Hi ladies,

I am currently 4w4d and went to the doctors on Wed and my first scan date is 12th Jan. (6w2d)
This is due to having previous losses and I hope to see that little bean is in the right place and hopefully a HB.

Has anyone else been given their first scan date or have you already had a first scan? At how many weeks & what did you see?

Re: What Date Is Your First Scan?

• If my beta on Monday looks good they will schedule my first u/s then.  So it would probably be around 1/13 which is 6w2d.
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have my first appointment today (it's a phone appointment to discuss history and dates) and we will set it up then. I do NOT want to go before 8 weeks because, with my daughter, it was really hard on us emotionally when we went too early and the doctor couldn't confirm viability and we had to wait 2 weeks to find out for sure (she was 2 weeks behind based on my LMP- turns out with her and this one I ovulate super late, so I'm basing my current EDD on date I believe we conceived-cd 29- and not the date based on LMP)...so probably will be the end of Jan/ beginning of Feb
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • My dr will be calling on Monday to set up my scan. It will be scheduled for the last week of January and I will be 8weeks. I refuse to do early scans for the same reason as @noelani42
  • I am going Jan 21st at 7 weeks 1 day. I can't wait!! I had an ectopic pregnancy in Sept and had my right tube removed in early Oct. My left tube is healthy though so they don't think this could be another ectopic, but we need to make sure it's in the right spot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • mali0902mali0902 member
    edited December 2015
    I'm going 1/22 @ 7 weeks, 1 day. So excited! So many questions though! Is this an appointment dh can go to? Do they typically go? I understand is personal preference, but ladies who have don't this before, have your sos gone to the first appointment?
  • January 14th, two weeks from today! I'll be 7w1d
    Anniversary       

• Jan 26 at 8w5d. Looking forward to it.

@mali0902 SOs are typically ok to go to any appointments you have if they would like. The first US can be pretty significant so I would not go unless DH or someone I love went with me.
    BFP #1  6/26/15, D&C 8/14/15
    BFP #2  12/22/15, EDD 9/1/16  :)
  • I think it is down to personal preference @mali0902 but both times DH has been there for me and it was a good thing as they both didn't turn out well.
    DH will be coming with me for this appointment as well, where hopefully we'll be able to see the hb.
    I personally wouldnt want it any other way I think it's lovely to share that first moment together.

All the best @sunshinern96 I can't wait either, although trying to feel positive! Let me know how it goes and I'll keep you updated also... When is your EDD?
  • Thank you for the good thoughts, @Smallangel! I will definitely update after my ultrasound! My EDD is 9/7/16, the day after my DS's bday! I'd like to think that is good luck! This pregnancy seems normal so far compared to the ectopic (I had a lot of strange bleeding with that one and everything was just off). I am trying to stay positive but going through a loss like that really changed the way I think about pregnancy. I really will not take anything for granted this time and I am hoping for a good ultrasound! Good luck to you too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Around me you don't get a scan until 20 weeks unless you need your pregnancy dated or you choose to get the testing for trisomy disorders.
  • I'll be going on 1/21 which is exactly 8 weeks. I was hoping they would want to see me earlier, but that's just because I tend to be a worrier and I would feel better if I could see that it's implanted in the right spot. I just keep reminding myself that I'm not high risk, and I had a great looking HSG just 3 days before O.
  • I had already had an ultrasound scheduled for Monday to check for an ovarian cyst. They found a corpus luteal cyst, and while they were checking for it, they showed me my little speck (so little that they couldn't really even measure yet!), but it's definitely there! This is my first pregnancy, so until then, it hadn't really seemed real. I sent a copy of the scan to my husband while he was at work. He told me that he kept staring at it all day, then he had to make excuses to his coworkers about his dopey grin!
    My ob said my next appointment/ultrasound will be around 8-9 weeks, so in another month or so.
  • January 25th I will be 5 weeks
  • January 19th, I'll be 7 or 8 weeks!
  • wluxwlux member
    edited December 2015
    I'll be 6w 3d for the first ultrasound. I have history of loss so we will be checking for viability.

It is scheduled for 1/13

• Mine is scheduled for 1/13 at 7w3d. I'm so nervous but so excited.

We said goodbye to our sweet Taylor Ashley on August 8, 2012.We lost baby Noelle on May 1, 2015

Mom to Cam and Al, now expecting baby number 3, August 2016. Praying for lots of sticky baby dust!
  • Mine has been scheduled now for 01/21...I will be 6w6d (based on assumed date of conception)...it's the latest she was willing to take me because I will be 9w based on LMP and I guess she doesn't trust me that I know when I ovulated ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• edited December 2015
    *Question:* should I just call the doctor's office and ask for an appointment? This is my first pregnancy and I don't have any friends who've had babies, so I'm not sure how all of this works! 

Fair warning:  I will have LOTS of questions over the next 8 months. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • *Question:* should I just call the doctor's office and ask for an appointment? This is my first pregnancy and I don't have any friends who've had babies, so I'm not sure how all of this works! 

Fair warning:  I will have LOTS of questions over the next 8 months. :)

Yep, just tell them your got a pregnancy test that was positive and they should walk you through it!
  • @katetastrophem thank you! I'll call them on Monday! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • First U/S feb 17th first consult with doctor Jan. 27th

Me:24 ~~~~~ DH:26

High school Sweethearts 03/29/07

Engaged 11/29/2009

Married 09/04/2012

TTC#1-06/01/2015

BFP 12/27/2015 EDD 9/8/2016

It's a BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • alexdenisealexdenise member
    edited January 2016
    Hey everyone I should be going to my first us and consult on January 15th. I have a history of ovarian cysts so they want to check to make sure everything is good. This is my first pregnancy as well and my EDD is 09-07-2016
  • My EDD is 9/7 and I have my 1st u/s 2/1. I'll be right around 8 weeks.

• Per my OB/GYN, I have to wait until I'm a week late to get bloodwork to confirm the pregnancy. THEN I have to go get a bunch of paperwork done, see the OB and after that they'll schedule my ultrasound. It probably won't be until 10 weeks or so.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • EDD is 9/3 and first scan is 1/4 to make sure it is not an ectopic pregnancy. I have a cyst that's causing a lot of pain. They want to make sure it's the cyst causing the pain.
    Dx: Me- Empty Sella Syndrome, Dh-None
    Clomid 50-100mg BFNs
    Clomid 150mg 2 follicles, BFP 7/4/15, EDD 3/12/16, CP 7/7/15
    Clomid 150mg, 2 follicles, IUI BFN
    Natural Cycle, BFP 12/28/15, EDD 9/3/16

• EDD is 9/3, too, and my first scan is 1/6 to check and make sure that it's not ectopic (just a precaution).
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• I'll be going in for a scan on 12th Jan at 6w2d to check its not ectopic & also check viability due to a history of ectopics & a MC.
    Was hoping they would let me come in earlier but they were adamant against it.
    How many weeks will you be when you go? @chickendancefever @MojieJo
  • @Smallangel I'll be 5 weeks, so they may not see anything. Hoping that we all get good news!
    Clomid 50-100mg BFNs

• First appointment is on 1/18 and I think I'll be about 7w2d. DH took the day off for it and is almost as excited as I am.
  • @Smallangel I'll be 5 weeks, 4 days.  They're not really expecting to see much of anything.  It's basically to check and make sure it's not ectopic. 

• @chickendancefever I have a cyst causing a lot of pain too. Did you have yours prior to pregnancy?
  • @foxxytwt Yes, unfortunately. It is 5 cm and painful. Did you have yours prior to your bfp?
    Clomid 50-100mg BFNs

• @foxxytwt and @chickendancefever I've got one too and ouch! A few folks have suggested a warm bath or heating pad which seems to help.
  • My first appointment for a us is on Jan 18th. It seems so far away, and I've been pretty anxious due to a previous cp. They did have me do in for bloodwork twice to make sure the levels were rising appropriately, and they were, so at least that's been pretty comforting!
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • My Dr. Just gave me the paperwork and told me and I can book a scan anytime between now and 8 weeks. He left it up to me to decide when.  I miscarried a few months ago and had a scan at 7 weeks. They said it was too early to see much unless I did an internal ulra sound. I had another one at 9 weeks and that's when they told me the baby wasn't growing. I think I will wait and go around the 8 week mark. I'm only 4 weeks 2 days as of right now.
  • My first ultrasound is January 22nd!
  • My scan got moved back a day to January 7th since my RE won't be in the office on the 6th and wants to be there for it.  A little disappointed, but I'd much rather he be there than not, so I can wait another day.

• Just got off the phone. My first scan will be 2/10. A day shy of 9 weeks. 
    Me: 29 DH: 29

5/13 Married

8/13 DD

9/16 DS

• Scheduled mine this morning. My OB does them at 8 weeks, so 2/1.