Baby Names
Options

Finally, boy names!

We find out the sex next Friday (hopefully) and have been so stuck on boy names. We finally have a short list we maybe like, some more than others.

Gavin
Carlisle
Booker

Thoughts? Particularly curious if you feel one goes best as a sib set with Davis. Thanks :)
Me 27 | DH 28
DS October 2014
#2 May 2016

Re: Finally, boy names!

• Options
    Gavin 100%
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Actually I love Carlisle.

Gavin is nms

Booker reminds me of Booker T, wrestling, boogers and Hookers I really dislike it

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Gavin.

I don’t hate Carlisle, but it's all town to me.

I dislike Booker.
  • Options
    Not a fan of Carlise or Booker. Gavin is nice.
  • Options
    Gavin is the best on your list. Carlisle is really NMS. Booker is kind of silly IMO.
  • Options
    Ooh, I like Gavin with Davis!
  • Options
    Booker will never not sound like "Booger" to me.

I vote Gavin
  • Options
    Actually love Carlisle with Davis.

Not a fan of Booker at all. Gavin is ok but since Davis is a less common FN I think you need to match it with Carlisle to keep the theme.
  • Options
    Gavin gets my vote!
  • Options

love the name Gavin! :)

• Options
    Thank you everyone! I was iffy on DHs suggestion of Booker but the feedback helps me eliminate it all together.
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • Options
    Aww, Booker is one of my guilty pleasure names. Your other choices are nice as well.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options

Aww, Booker is one of my guilty pleasure names. Your other choices are nice as well.

Perfect way to describe it. Guilty pleasure/secret love, but don't feel confident using it IRL!
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • Options
    ncm1919ncm1919 member
    edited December 2015
    Carlisle is ALL Twilight to me. Creepy sparkly vampire in the movie Twilight
  • Options
    Natinat6 said:

Carlisle is ALL Twilight to me. Creepy sparkly vampire in the movie Twilight

Ah I know, it's the one pop culture reference of such an old fashioned name.
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • Options
    Is twilight really a thing anymore? This came up on a Rosalie convo too . I guess they were both side characters so I wouldn't think of them as tw lighhty plus they are old news I feel like. Hunger games took over that tween obsession genre and it's about time for something else to be the next thing. I would not worry about a name from a poorly written tween and odd adult fascination.

• Options
    It's not a thing but the name Carlisle is pretty unusual and I don't know anyone in real life with that name. The only one I know is the one from the books/movies.

I do know a bunch of Rosalie's in real life. It's a much more common name in my opinion
  • Options
    And regardless of my dated pop culture reference, I think Gavin is a much nicer name that works for a young child or adult.
  • Options
    I dont love Gavin but I think it goes well with Davis. 

• Options
    Booker made me think of John Grisham books
  • Options
    Gavin.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Options
    Booker makes me think of Jacky's boyfriend on Roseanne.

I have a Gavin, so it gets my vote. We've gotten a lot of compliments on the name.
  • Options
    I actually love Booker. It's on my short list. :)
  • Options
    Gavin by a mile. Great name.
  • Options
    I'm sorry but Booker is ridiculous. Is that really a proper name?

Carlisle reads pretentious to me, but I suppose could work with Davis.

Gavin is nice but I really don't like that it also has a 'v' in the middle, like Davis.
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Options
    WSU2015WSU2015 member
    edited January 2016
    @Sassenach1743
    Booker T Washington.... Ring a bell? I'm assuming your not from the U.S. Also google it and you can answer your own question.

Also do not preface rudeness with "I'm sorry". That is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Everyone has been so helpful, THANK YOU!

Gavin is the front runner. Not worrying about middle name until after the anatomy scan! Carlisle is still cute to me but I can't imagine it the way I can with Gavin. I've thrown out Booker for using in real life, decided it's my guilty pleasure name. @Sassenach1743 I actually love the common "v" in Davis and Gavin!
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • Options
    Gavin
    by 1000
  • Options
    I like Davis and Gavin! Those names sound great together!

Carlisle is a town to me and I don't prefer Booker.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

WSU2015 said:

@Sassenach1743
    Booker T Washington.... Ring a bell? I'm assuming your not from the U.S. Also google it and you can answer your own question.

You found one example from the 19th century, congratulations.

Opinions were asked for, and they were given.
    The name has historical significance. Andplusalso It appears on modern baby name lists and books. Like I said Google it yourself. She ASKED if it was proper name, I gave my opinion. This whole opinion sharing dynamic goes all ways.
  • Options
    Gavin by default.
  • Options
    WSU2015 said:

@Sassenach1743

There was no rudeness so your entire comment is moot.
  • Options

I dont love Gavin but I think it goes well with Davis. 

Ditto

• Options
    queenwog said:

WSU2015 said:

@Sassenach1743

There was no rudeness so your entire comment is moot.
    Ok thanks for your opinion. I though it was rude. Either way she wasn't sincerely apologizing for calling the name ridiculous. So prefacing a comment with "I'm sorry" when your not sorry is still ridiculous.
  • Options
    Not Booker... It sounds made up and kids will call him Booger.
  • Options
    Booker was a character on Roseanne played by George Clooney. I always assumed it was a last name. My husband doesn't know his real name, he just calls him booker. "Did you hear that booker got married?", etc. I could never take it seriously.
  • Options
    WSU2015 said:
    @Sassenach1743 Booker T Washington.... Ring a bell? I'm assuming your not from the U.S. Also google it and you can answer your own question. Also do not preface rudeness with "I'm sorry". That is ridiculous.
    Thanks for the reference. My opinion still stands, I don't like the name Booker... to me, it sounds ridiculous.
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary