July 2016 Moms
Options

Monday B!tchfest

2»

Re: Monday B!tchfest

• Options
    It is a super small office, we are practically sitting on top of each other. Thankfully they just got called in. I am very ragey today.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@Lindsayleigh1989 It's mostly about not raising your body temperature too much, I think. A minute or two probably won't hurt. Unfortunately, I bet staying in long enough to really help is a no-no. You can also try turning the temp down (if it is your hot tub) or just taking a bath with Epsom salts... Epsom salts have the added benefit if magnesium being great for pregnancy.

It's the one at the gym :( pregnancy sucks just sucks!!!!!
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @Y0urm0m I think that's entirely possible. It all just makes me need to snuggle my pups.
  • Options
    @Lindsayleigh1989 from what I read and have seen its more a no-no because of the bacteria that could be in the hot tub not necessarily the temperature.
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

@Lindsayleigh1989 from what I read and have seen its more a no-no because of the bacteria that could be in the hot tub not necessarily the temperature.

What if I take a really good shower after? ;) and they clean it every week Haha then it's a maybe?

• Options

What if I take a really good shower after? ;) and they clean it every week Haha then it's a maybe?
    And wear at least five layers :p
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My furbabies are driving me crazy. I love them, but I don't know what's been going on lately, but I'm just sick of cleaning up after them. My dog had a stomach bug on Christmas Eve and couldn't keep anything down (DH did clean it up, because I would have puked if I looked at it). Because it's been rainy here the past few days, the dog has decided he can't get his paws wet and has pooped in the house like 3 days straight. Then last night I discovered the cat peed on two pillows on the couch, and now the couch smells like pee. I've been using all kinds of urine cleaners on the couch most of the day. They seriously usually aren't like this, I don't know what's going on with them. But most of my free time at home is spent cleaning up some kind of animal excrement ugh.
  • Options
    @MDmomma1217 our two furbabies, combined with DS when he was a newborn and would spit up, are the reason why we now own only leather furniture. I know the fabric can be more easily scratched/torn, but I needed something non-absorbant! We had to part with our super comfy micro-suede sectional because there was only one cushion that didn't smell like pee or vomit.
  • Options

My furbabies are driving me crazy. I love them, but I don't know what's been going on lately, but I'm just sick of cleaning up after them. My dog had a stomach bug on Christmas Eve and couldn't keep anything down (DH did clean it up, because I would have puked if I looked at it). Because it's been rainy here the past few days, the dog has decided he can't get his paws wet and has pooped in the house like 3 days straight. Then last night I discovered the cat peed on two pillows on the couch, and now the couch smells like pee. I've been using all kinds of urine cleaners on the couch most of the day. They seriously usually aren't like this, I don't know what's going on with them. But most of my free time at home is spent cleaning up some kind of animal excrement ugh.

I have a 1 dog, 1 foster dog, a cat, a fish and a toddler.

I would have to say the fish is by far my most favorite. So easy and fun. Well I like my toddler too, he's cute. He can stay :wink:

I like the foster dog too, all the fun of having a dog without the commitment. My DH calls her a rental. We teamed up with a rescue and pulled her from death row.

But I'm soooo tired of the non stop responsibility of it all. I need to shake this fatigue

Tldr: pets are hard but worth it.
  • Options
    @Y0urm0m Clearly y'all should switch to ducks. But only if you like incessant quacking. Mine beg. Seriously. Because I toss them anything the kids don't finish eating. They're like dogs.
  • Options
    My male cat pee'd in my gym sneakers this morning, he's fixed yet his pee will peel the paint off of walls. I swear if we didn't live in the woods his white @$$ would be outside in a second, I thought about taking the door cat door off the basement door as a time out, but my black cat hasn't done anything wrong.  

Me: 30, DH: 31

Married: May 16th 2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Y0urm0mY0urm0m member
    edited December 2015
    @MotherOfDucks My MIL has ducks, and they do seem fun. I hate my MIL and for that reason I would never own any ducks or chickens.

But I do love me some fresh Pekin duck eggs. Yumm!
  • Options
    My vet just called, and while surgery went fine (and my pup is now having her teeth polished), they found 10(!) suspicious/precancerous moles on her poor little hairless belly, in addition to the one by her eye. It makes me angry with whoever had her prior to dumping her at the shelter, because you can tell she spent way too much time outside/in the sun. I suspect, from the rough condition of her paws, elbows, etc. and from some frostbite on her ears that she may have been chained in her past life. Who does that? I know she wasn't always mine, but now that she is I am so angry and defensive of the jerk who had her before me. The hormone flow makes everything worse.
  • Options
    Y0urm0m said:
    I have a 1 dog, 1 foster dog, a cat, a fish and a toddler. I would have to say the fish is by far my most favorite. So easy and fun. Well I like my toddler too, he's cute. He can stay :wink: I like the foster dog too, all the fun of having a dog without the commitment. My DH calls her a rental. We teamed up with a rescue and pulled her from death row. But I'm soooo tired of the non stop responsibility of it all. I need to shake this fatigue Tldr: pets are hard but worth it.
    @Y0urm0m I love them. I really do. My dog is "mine" (he follows me around constantly) and the cat is my snuggle buddy. I forgot to mention that my dog tore up an orthopedic pet bed that I just bought yesterday. Came home today to find it torn to shreds. Love them but they really test my patience.
  • Options
    Nerdchild said:

My vet just called, and while surgery went fine (and my pup is now having her teeth polished), they found 10(!) suspicious/precancerous moles on her poor little hairless belly, in addition to the one by her eye. It makes me angry with whoever had her prior to dumping her at the shelter, because you can tell she spent way too much time outside/in the sun. I suspect, from the rough condition of her paws, elbows, etc. and from some frostbite on her ears that she may have been chained in her past life. Who does that? I know she wasn't always mine, but now that she is I am so angry and defensive of the jerk who had her before me. The hormone flow makes everything worse.

I'm so sorry ! Glad to hear the surgery went well though ! I'm so happy she has you now though.

• Options
    @Y0urm0m I got anconas because I wanted the green eggs. Wouldn't you know it... Mine all lay white. Buttheads. Delicious though.
  • Options
    Additional bitch: I went to the grocery store deli and got pizza sticks for lunch... The first one I took a bite of was empty. EMPTY! No sauce, no cheese, no pepperoni. Such a disappointment.

I'll still eat it, because I love carbs, but it's basically just a crunchy empty stick of pizza dough.
  • Options
    @Nerdchild I'm glad the pup is out of surgery! I agree about how awful some dog owners are. We have a rescued 4 year old Great Dane who was abused by her prior owner. She is covered in scars and is super skittish. It makes me so sad for her but angry as hell at the same time. She was also chained up outside and used as a breeding dog. But on the bright side she is super spoiled now and has finally started to not be as skittish.
  • Options
    Thanks @Lindsayleigh1989 and @mckcak23, and I'm so glad that you also get to give a great dog the life they deserve. I just wish 3:00p.m. would hurry up so I can go get my girl!
  • Options

Okay mine is part bitch part question. I am so freaking tired of the hip pain once I lay down at night! I mean pull it together body or it's going to be a real long 9 months...

Two:can I sit in the hot tub for even just a few minutes ? I'm 13 weeks the idea of a nice hot bubble water with jets sounds amazing to this messed up flesh suit. And my bathtub sucks!

@TattoosandLace 2 freaking weeks? Oh hell no they better get that ish fixed in a few days!

Do you know what temp they keep it at? If it's below 102 it's probably safe to go in. The issue with hot tubs is raising your core temperature. The concern is that it could harm baby if your core temp is higher than 102. However, this is really only a major concern during first trimester... Specifically 4-6 weeks because that is when the neural tube is being developed and that is usually the birth defect linked to higher core temps (also why it's bad to have a fever during pregnancy).

Also, it can take 10-20 minutes sitting in a hot tub for your core temp to raise past 102 if the hot tub is 105+.

I'd take a look at the temp and see what it is. I think 5 minutes would be totally fine given that you're pretty much in second trimester and it'd only be for 5-10 minutes. Also, don't fully submerge yourself. Maybe drink ice water with ice cubes and only go in up to you waist or lower if possible. If you wanna take a step further, bring a thermometer with you to monitor.

Have you tried a heat pad? Keep in mind to that if your hips are inflamed, heat is gonna make it worse. You may want to try and ice pack instead.
  • Options

Okay mine is part bitch part question. I am so freaking tired of the hip pain once I lay down at night! I mean pull it together body or it's going to be a real long 9 months...

Two:can I sit in the hot tub for even just a few minutes ? I'm 13 weeks the idea of a nice hot bubble water with jets sounds amazing to this messed up flesh suit. And my bathtub sucks!

@TattoosandLace 2 freaking weeks? Oh hell no they better get that ish fixed in a few days!

Do you know what temp they keep it at? If it's below 102 it's probably safe to go in. The issue with hot tubs is raising your core temperature. The concern is that it could harm baby if your core temp is higher than 102. However, this is really only a major concern during first trimester... Specifically 4-6 weeks because that is when the neural tube is being developed and that is usually the birth defect linked to higher core temps (also why it's bad to have a fever during pregnancy).

Also, it can take 10-20 minutes sitting in a hot tub for your core temp to raise past 102 if the hot tub is 105+.

I'd take a look at the temp and see what it is. I think 5 minutes would be totally fine given that you're pretty much in second trimester and it'd only be for 5-10 minutes. Also, don't fully submerge yourself. Maybe drink ice water with ice cubes and only go in up to you waist or lower if possible. If you wanna take a step further, bring a thermometer with you to monitor.

Have you tried a heat pad? Keep in mind to that if your hips are inflamed, heat is gonna make it worse. You may want to try and ice pack instead.
    Gracias!! I will check I probably won't risk it because of the no no rule, yada yada. I do use a heating pad at times but can tell pretty quick if its inflammation and stop and stretch. It's just so freaking cold here in mn ;)

• Options
    One more bitch- unsupervised kids doing dangerous things... Spent the last half hour being a nosey neighbor watching someone else's kids because I was sure they'd get hurt. 3 kids between 7-10 with metal shovels near the frozen pond behind our house. They walked out and banged on the ice, crawled into a large drainage pipe, and shouted hilarious conversation about adventures. It was funny, but made me way too nervous. Apparently the ice is only inches to a little over a foot deep so drowning wasn't an issue, but I didn't know that! Looked like shoveling into a drowning scenario to me! Geez people supervise your kids- I don't know the rules of adulting or what to do when I see stuff like that. Just makes me panic and wait to dial 911
  • Options
    So, we're all at MIL's because of the power outage. We're playing cards to pass time. Any time I mention a game we can play, she b!tches. Fine. Whatever. I'll play "pitch" but only if you stop changing the freaking rules on me all the time.
  • Options
    BIL made rude comments about us leaving our 4 year old with FIL after he insisted on keeping him. Basically insinuated that we were dumping the kid on him and said that it was inappropriate. FIL spends every spare moment with our 4 year old and BIL knows nothing about the relationship because he lives a few states away. He has visited twice in 5ish years.

Also, this is my first Christmas in NE, after moving here to be close to husbands family... We've spent every spare moment at different compulsory family gatherings for the last two weeks. And every one is direly important because 'A is only in town til tonight!' 'B is only visiting for 2 days' 'C didn't get to see you at thanksgiving!' Family time is the one subject that turns my lovely MIL into a boundary stomping ass.
  • Options
    Snow. Everywhere. I love winter but my fiance just called saying he got stuck in a ditch but he's finally on his way home from work which he left an hour ago....we live 10 minutes away.
  • Options
    mnkennedmnkenned member
    edited December 2015
    Insomnia. Insomnia is a bitch.
  • Options
    @mnkenned I feel you on that right now. What happened to my blissful first trimester exhaustion? Can't a girl catch a break???
  • Options
    My dogs. One of my dogs has some pretty intense digestive issues-always has- and isn't putting on weight. He looks like we don't feed him. Anyway we got sick of picking up soft serve poo so we spoke to the vet. He's probably either gluten intolerant or allergic to meat! How can a dog be allergic to meat? So we bought him expensive dog food and probiotics to try and fix it. Don't get me wrong I love him and I don't mind buying the food if it makes him better, but seriously allergic to meat.

Our other dog has some pretty severe anxiety issues so we just put her on a natural anti-anxiety medication. If it doesn't work she'll be going on anti-depressants. We need to fix it so I'm not worrying about her with lo. She barks any time she hears a weird noise or whenever someone she isn't very familar with comes over, and she'd wake lo up. So not happening.

Little boy due July 31st 2016

• Options
    @LilLambie I used to have a dog that was also allergic to meat (and corn, dust and a few other things). Once she was diagnosed I was able to find a fish and rice based food and she put on weight so fast. Her allergies were so severe I had to give her allergy shots as well but changing the diet alone made such a difference in her well being and energy.
  • Options
    I'll whine about myself... I got TWO hours of sleep last night because of insomnia/iPhone/reading addiction. I had to leave early this morning to get DD to daycare because DH is out of town. And I have a Xmas dinner tonight with my girlfriends that I absolutely cannot miss. I'm going to be so tired.
  • Options
    @jlgriff11 I did the same :blush: 
  • Options
    @LilLambie This isn't helpful to your situation at all, but it may make you laugh. Look up Hyperbole and a Half: Dogs Don't Understand Basic Concepts, Like Moving. The description of the perpetually carsick dog and the terribly anxious dog on a cross state car trip is so similar to your situation, and it's hysterical.
  • Options
    @LilLambie just wanted to let you know that my dogs like to bark quite a bit too - they believe it is their sole purpose in life to bark at the postal service worker as they walk the entire length of our street every. dang. day. When DS arrived, I was so nervous that their barking would wake him up. Instead, he slept right through it! I attribute it to him hearing them bark from my belly and already being used to it. Just wanted to share in case you were stressing about it!