July 2016 Moms
Options

Monday B!tchfest

I haven't seen one this morning, and I'm too emotional to wait, so let 'er rip, ladies!

Re: Monday B!tchfest

• Options
    My bitchfest: I dropped one of my dogs off for surgery, and I was doing okay until I came home without her and my other two dogs lost their shit. Now I can't stop crying because my little boy dog is wandering the house wimpering pitifully and my other female is making this weird whine/purr noise that she does whenever she is distressed. I know that seeing my dog all patched up and drugged this afternoon will just make me feel worse. Hormones are awful.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Also, to aid in keeping the garbage taste out of my mouth, I've been chewing spearmint gum. It works like a charm for about an hour and then, I have a gagging fit and I HAVE to spit it out IMMEDIATELY. What the actual fuck?
  • Options

Also, to aid in keeping the garbage taste out of my mouth, I've been chewing spearmint gum. It works like a charm for about an hour and then, I have a gagging fit and I HAVE to spit it out IMMEDIATELY. What the actual fuck?

Omg, I didn't know anyone else was having the 'garbage mouth' problem! I don't feel so weird now. I've been using Altoids or Lifesavers. I noticed if I chew gum for too long I get a bit gaggy too.
  • Options
    I'm at work today clearly not working because out of the 11 attorneys I work with only TWO are actually here. AND, I keep throwing up. But, not actual food or anything that I've eaten. Just stomach fluids that taste like acid. Awesome! Happy Monday ladies!
    Mommy to an angel baby and a sweet little girl Earth side.
  • Options
    @dolewhipper It is so awful what your sister and your family are going through. I'm glad there has been some improvement.

Also, good luck on your scan, fingers crossed that you just have a placenta of steel that is sheilding you from the worst of the symptoms! :)
  • Options
    @dolewhipper The NICU is rough at first. It gets easier. But I'm hoping your sister doesn't have time to get used to it because things go so quickly and her baby is home in no time. I suggest you buy yourself a treat when you're out for your scan. You deserve it. And a nap....
  • Options
    NerdchildNerdchild member
    edited December 2015
    @CarrieandRoy Pickles actually make a lot of sense. My husband drinks whiskey rocks with a pickleback and I know from past experience that the pickle juice can cut the whiskey burn.

Eta: pickles/pickles juice have electrolytes and are great for hangovers/stomach flu.

• Options
    @dolewhipper Sending good thoughts your way to you and your sister and her LO. Prayers you get to see your healthy baby today and put that part of your mind at ease. Stress from other parts of our lives can make us temporarily forget what's going on with our bodies at times - maybe you just haven't felt pregnant the past couple of weeks because you've been so preoccupied with everything else going on to notice as much!
  • Options
    @Nerdchild hope you doggy comes home soon and is showered with love.

@dolewhipper I am glad to hear that your sister's little one is making improvements! Hopefully they are out of the NICU soon and your sister can love all over that baby.

I just woke up, so nothing to contribute yet!
  • Options
    @LifeofLauren2 That's awful! :(

@blissylissy86 Thank you! :)
  • Options
    My bitch for today is that DH's crazy stalker ex-gf/child's mother is threatening to show up at his work again to make a scene and follow him home (we have intentionally concealed our address, since she does things like this). And we carpooled today.

I don't need her drama... I kind of wish she would just hurry up and do something really stupid so she can go to jail.

• Options
    My DH is driving me insane!!! He owns his own business and I'm a SAHM. He's been on vacation last week and this week. It was fine all up until last night. I seriously need him to go back to work!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    @Y0urm0m I stayed away from that thread for as long as I could, but the emotions from my own dog issues broke the dam on my crazy today.
  • Options
    My friend that I have had for 18 years is making horrible horrible life choices and expecting me to act enthusiasticly about them, like over the moon happy for her. I feel terrible that I can't be. Like how stupid can you be? And she's constantly on about herself. Ugh. I am over people.
  • Options
    @thebigoaktree She's the baby. She doesn't have kids or a husband. She lived at home until like 2 months ago even though she's 25. She is acting like it is just her whose mommy is sick. (She just got diagnosed btw... she's super healthy still. Not that we take it for granted, but pictures could have waited a day or 7 IMO) She is just being as selfish as you'd expect from any hipster kid, I guess. The worst thing is, I remember last year. My oldest child is sick. Like... this will probably be the thing that kills her early kinda sick. Or rather, the immunosuppressants and some rogue infection. Anyway... last winter, she had a real rough cough for several months. But we took her down to my In-Laws anyway for Christmas. And when she started coughing so hard she was choking, I ran to her. And then hovered a little all night just in case. And I heard my SIL mutter to her parents about how "she is just coughing" and that I was over reacting. Not even kind of understanding.
  • Options
    Thank you so much @Nerdchild @blissylissy86 @Y0urm0m @soberkfell and @MotherOfDucks her LO is progressing so well we hope she's out after the 7 days of antibiotics (which would be wednesday). I want to go visit them in a few weeks to pinch her little chubby cheeks.

& I actually just threw up out of nowhere, so there's the feel pregnant I wanted! Ugh.
  • Options
    Nerdchild said:

@erin7264 You mean cops won't consider her stalking your husband at his place of work and following him home to his pregnant wife criminal? Call me crazy, but I just looked at the .380 on my nightstand and rubbed it affectionately.

As far as I'm concerned, I've told him to give her our address. I have a GSD and a border collie that is batshit crazy (and very vocal about it). She wouldn't make it past the front door. We have various weapons in the house as well, but the boys are the first on scene. Our county is vast and understaffed and response times are slow, but I'd be happy to call the cops on her while videoing the whole incident.

This will only be the second time she's shown up at his work - the first was a few weeks ago, he thinks she was intoxicated and managed to convince her to leave without a scene. He changed jobs a few months ago and it took her that long to find out where he moved to. I've never met her, she doesn't even know what town we live in, or that we are married or pregnant. I can't wait to see what kind of drama ensues when she finds out, I'm sure it will have to involve the cops.

I have encouraged him to call the cops, have his boss call the cops, to see about getting a restraining order, etc. I can't force him though, and I know he's in a tough spot wanting to see his kid.
  • Options
    @thebigoaktree She's the baby. She doesn't have kids or a husband. She lived at home until like 2 months ago even though she's 25. She is acting like it is just her whose mommy is sick. (She just got diagnosed btw... she's super healthy still. Not that we take it for granted, but pictures could have waited a day or 7 IMO) She is just being as selfish as you'd expect from any hipster kid, I guess. The worst thing is, I remember last year. My oldest child is sick. Like... this will probably be the thing that kills her early kinda sick. Or rather, the immunosuppressants and some rogue infection. Anyway... last winter, she had a real rough cough for several months. But we took her down to my In-Laws anyway for Christmas. And when she started coughing so hard she was choking, I ran to her. And then hovered a little all night just in case. And I heard my SIL mutter to her parents about how "she is just coughing" and that I was over reacting. Not even kind of understanding.
    Sounds like someone needed to be spanked as a child. My DH's sister is like that, whined because everyone but her wanted to do secret Santa because she would have only gotten one gift under the tree, you are 26 years old, time to grow up.

Me: 30, DH: 31

Married: May 16th 2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    another snowstorm. Another power outage. Another camp out in front of MIL's fireplace. And she still doesn't know I'm pregnant. Electric company says it could take TWO MF-ING weeks to get everyone back on.

• Options
    samantha1206samantha1206 member
    edited December 2015
    I work in an office where the few people on the front end take stacked lunches to ensure we have coverage in case of a robbery.  Well, we are short today (Duuuhhhh it's the Monday after Christmas) and the receptionist plans an appointment for her nails RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY LUNCH.  I usually go at 11, and now i have to go at 2 and I'm starving.  She does this all the time and never gives anyone any notice to plan accordingly

ETA: And then when she comes back she asks me: Samantha, why haven't you been to lunch yet?  I about lost it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @LifeofLauren2 welcome to the club of nose pukers ;) it is actually the worst!
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    Okay mine is part bitch part question. I am so freaking tired of the hip pain once I lay down at night! I mean pull it together body or it's going to be a real long 9 months...

Two:can I sit in the hot tub for even just a few minutes ? I'm 13 weeks the idea of a nice hot bubble water with jets sounds amazing to this messed up flesh suit. And my bathtub sucks!

@TattoosandLace 2 freaking weeks? Oh hell no they better get that ish fixed in a few days!

• Options

I work in an office where the few people on the front end take stacked lunches to ensure we have coverage in case of a robbery.  Well, we are short today (Duuuhhhh it's the Monday after Christmas) and the receptionist plans an appointment for her nails RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY LUNCH.  I usually go at 11, and now i have to go at 2 and I'm starving.  She does this all the time and never gives anyone any notice to plan accordingly

ETA: And then when she comes back she asks me: Samantha, why haven't you been to lunch yet?  I about lost it. 

I'd respond with because you decided your nails were more important than me eating.

• Options
    @Lindsayleigh1989 right? I'm having DH call in and use the "we have a ten month old" card
  • Options
    Ugh. Now they are loudly guessing what each woman is here for and baby body shaming.
  • Options
    @blissylissy86 You can notify the front desk staff that they are being rude and disruptive, making you (another patient) feel uncomfortable.
  • Options
    @Lindsayleigh1989 It's mostly about not raising your body temperature too much, I think. A minute or two probably won't hurt. Unfortunately, I bet staying in long enough to really help is a no-no. You can also try turning the temp down (if it is your hot tub) or just taking a bath with Epsom salts... Epsom salts have the added benefit if magnesium being great for pregnancy.