3rd Trimester
Options

people's comments driving me crazy!!

I'm 40 weeks pregnant, and I cannot take people's comments anymore!! I'm so sick of hearing "did you have the baby yet?" "any progress?" Better yet, "when do you think you'll have the baby?" As if I know!! Wouldn't that be nice to just automatically know when I'm going to have him?? I stopped going to work at 38 weeks partially because I was SO SICK of hearing from every single person I saw "no baby yet?" "oh you're STILL here!" "I bet you'd rather be having that baby right now!" Really?? What do you think?? I was starting to snap at people. When you hear those comments literally 50 times a day it starts to eat away at your soul!! I hate even calling anyone because their first remark when they answer is "did you have the baby?" Or "is the baby coming today?" I've been trying as hard as I can to enjoy the holidays this year but I've been so irritated with all of the people we've been around the past few days asking me the SAME
Questions OVER and OVER and OVER again! It's really putting me in a crappy mood. Is it really necessary to ask those questions? Seriously? You think I'M not anxious or ready enough to have him?? You think I'm not uncomfortable enough at 40 weeks pregnant without your dumb comments??
I'm trying so hard to stay positive and just get through this, all of these comments are not helping in any way and I've stopped responding when people ask anymore because I'm going CRAZY. Hopefully venting this got some of that energy out! Anyone else dealing with this problem?

Re: people's comments driving me crazy!!

• Options
    Yes. I am only 36 weeks and people are constantly asking, "are you ready?". When I tell them that I'm not ready until baby is ready they constantly have to say things like, "you're not going to make it that long", or "well when do you think she's coming"... As if we could possibly know that.
  • Options
    Every day at work people are always saying "when are you gonna have the baby" or "your not gonna make it much longer." It's real annoying. It's been everyday for about 2 weeks now and I am only 37w1d. I'm trying so hard to work until I go into labor. I end up telling the same people over and over again I still have 3 weeks left.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I remember feeling the same way with my last pregnancy! Towards the end, around 39 weeks, I was getting multiple texts, phone calls, and Facebook posts a day! It was so annoying! I was like, "When there is news to share, you will hear it!" Hopefully this time around, people won't be so nosy and pushy about getting information. Doubtful, but one can hope!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Wear a T-shirt with "My due date is... and I will make it. Yes, I am excited" 
  • Options
    Yes, all of this! Every time I talk to my mom, I can hear the excitement in her voice when she answers the phone. She knows better than to ask if I'm in labor, but knows that I'm going to call her when we're headed to the hospital and that it could be any time (39+1).
  • Options
    I'm 40+2 and have been hearing this for a week. I'm OK with people asking me how I'm/baby is doing, that's nice and shows people are thinking about us, but I do not want to talk about my cervix with you. Also if you write on my Facebook wall, asking about contractions, I will ignore you.

Also my sister letting me know that I'm the last one who's pregnant (out of her group) is not helpful in anyway.

Finally if I hear, don't worry he will be here soon one more time, I will pull my hair out. I know he will be here soon, I'm not worried. I'm incredibly uncomfortable, but if he's not ready, then he's not ready. I'm not complaining about it at all!
  • Options
    jonesl12jonesl12 member
    edited December 2015
    (lurking from the second trimester )

I feel the comments about baby haven't started yet ( I'm 25 weeks) however, I have had some people say some real dumbass things lately.
    Patents, family, friends etc. all the sudden feel it's ok to make comments about my body.

" wow your face is really filling out"
    " looks like twins to me! Your belly is huge"
    " I've never seen you with so much meat on your thighs!"
    " how much weight have you gained?"
    " what are you now? 8 months or so?"
    Or my favorite:
    " I bet you have a ton of stretch marks at the rate you are going "

I can hardly handle it. I'm smiling and answering these questions for the most part but inside I want to ask the person the same questions and see how they like it.
    Why do people think this is ok ?

I know the comments about baby , unwanted advice,and how "life is over enjoy your sleep now" bla bla bla are coming soon and I don't know how much longer I can be nice.
  • Options
    jonesl12 said:

(lurking from the second trimester )

I feel the comments about baby haven't started yet ( I'm 25 weeks) however, I have had some people say some real dumbass things lately.
    Patents, family, friends etc. all the sudden feel it's ok to make comments about my body.

" wow your face is really filling out"
    " looks like twins to me! Your belly is huge"
    " I've never seen you with so much meat on your thighs!"
    " how much weight have you gained?"
    " what are you now? 8 months or so?"
    Or my favorite:
    " I bet you have a ton of stretch marks at the rate you are going "

I can hardly handle it. I'm smiling and answering these questions for the most part but inside I want to ask the person the same questions and see how they like it.
    Why do people think this is ok ?

I know the comments about baby , unwanted advice,and how "life is over enjoy your sleep now" bla bla bla are coming soon and I don't know how much longer I can be nice.

Someone recently asked how much I'd gained, and I answered honestly. She told me not to gain any more. I said nothing to her, but I was fairly upset (and angry). From now on, I will answer "that's none of your business."
  • Options
    I'm only 31 weeks right now, but if one more person says "you look like you're about to pop!", I might just punch them in the throat. I like to tell myself it's because I have a naturally small/average body frame, but come on!!!!! Who says that?!?!
  • Options
    I had a perfect stranger give me advice about sex during the 3rd trimester. And my husband's crazy aunt, who has always kind of creeped us out anyway, gave me an indepth description of her breasts and underwear issues. And then went on to describe her friend's infertility because of spider veins on his penis!! I had to shower when I got home cause I felt so dirty. People keep sharing horrible and personal stories with me as soon as they find out I'm pregnant (my work apron hides the giant bump) and I don't know how to make it stop!!
  • Options
    nbc2015 said:

I'm only 31 weeks right now, but if one more person says "you look like you're about to pop!", I might just punch them in the throat. I like to tell myself it's because I have a naturally small/average body frame, but come on!!!!! Who says that?!?!

Everyone says that- since I was like 30 weeks- I'm also short it's soooo frustrating.
  • Options
    LIly436 said:
    Wear a T-shirt with "My due date is... and I will make it. Yes, I am excited" 
    There's a shirt on Etsy that says "I'm due in ___. I'm having a _____. No, you can't touch my belly." 
    I'm getting one of these.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    Also, the comments don't get better once baby comes. 

Prepare for people to tell you everything you're doing wrong. Those comments especially seem to come from random strangers. 
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    This morning, my male co-worker poked my stomach and said "put on some weight over Christmas?"

I told him enough was enough. He also said I was waddling a few weeks ago. I said his comments about my body were not welcomed.
  • Options
    @sarahufl

That needs to go to HR. That is NOT ok. Comments about your body in the workplace (or anywhere else, for that matter), are completely unacceptable. Especially if he's touching your body, regardless of whether or not it was a poke. 

Is this something that he does regularly?

• Options
    I agree, the comments and questions are really wearing on me too. Especially "you're HUGE!" Like thanks, I did actually notice that. And I just hit the third trimester so it's only going to get bigger, thanks for pointing that out. And I can't stand "are you excited!?!" Like really, how else am I supposed to answer that? If I wasn't excited I really wouldn't want to talk about it to random people and I'm sure they wouldn't want to hear it, so quit asking.
  • Options
    Thankfully I haven't had too many people say things. I have had people say their advice and opinions about pregnancy and what happens when the baby arrives. One thing that is annoying is when people offer help right now and there really isn't anything I need help with at this current moment and they say things like don't overdue it, don't do this, watch yourself. In my mind, I know what I can handle and if I need help or can't do something I will ask. I never like when people tell I should do this or that unless I ask.

One thing that made me think "did she just say that?" At my shower, my MIL said to me "you sure it's a girl?" It was totally out of the blue. Sometimes she is socially awkward but in my head I was like "really?" The sonogram technician has said it many times it's still a girl, of course you find out officially the sex at birth but that's not something I would say to the MTB at her shower.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Or someone will ask "When are going to have the baby?" Yet you delivered a month ago...