February 2016 Moms
Options

Who else is measuring ahead?

2»

Re: Who else is measuring ahead?

• Options
    Life is Exciting said:
    What's a growth scan?  A type of ultrasound?
    It's just an ultrasound but for the purpose of measuring growth. I'm having one on the 13th and then probably another about 4 weeks later.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Based on my ultrasound yesterday (get one every appointment at this clinic) baby boy is measuring 38w4d although he's technically only 34w2d! Dr said his head is large and that is throwing off numbers haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a growth ultrasound on the 11th because I'm measuring FOUR weeks ahead! I was told that this scan is not always accurate though! I hope in my case it's not!
  • Options
    My bump is measuring 37 weeks but I'm only 32 weeks doctor said it could be from a big baby (he was already measuring 3lbs at 28 weeks) or a lot of fluid or a combo of both I go in for a growth ultrasound tomorrow so I should know more but my reg doctor says this puts me at risk for pre term labor.
  • Options
    The doctor told me today that I am measuring ahead. He immediately sent me in for an ultrasound and confirmed that I am indeed three weeks ahead and the baby is already measuring 6lbs 5oz at 34w 4d. He wants me to get some more labs done and come back to the doctor on Monday. He said we may end up delivering in 3 weeks if the baby is measuring at 40 weeks. :-/
  • Options

@DrillSergeantCat I have the same exact numbers! I went back for a follow up ultrasound and the technician left for the day. Then they give me papers for the c-section. Part of me feels like they are pushing it. I go back on the 31st to get an ultrasound I am hoping that he has evened out and I won't need a c-section. Please keep me updated. My sisters had big babies and my husband was a big baby and none of them were ever told to have a c-section because of the size.

I'd be going for a 2nd opinion - our bodies don't usually grow babies that are "too big". But I'm set on avoiding a c section unless absolutely necessary and I know some women don't feel that way,